• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another Evolution Supporting Evidence

Buttons*

Glass half Panda'd
I know this isnt on the right topic, but i was wondering if you could help answer this:
Someone i know once told me that the bird dinosaurs existed at the same time the dinosaurs the bird was evolved from did. Does that disprove anything? (This man believes in Creationism.)

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
gnosis_777 said:
I know this isnt on the right topic, but i was wondering if you could help answer this:
Someone i know once told me that the bird dinosaurs existed at the same time the dinosaurs the bird was evolved from did. Does that disprove anything? (This man believes in Creationism.)
Why would it disprove anything if birds existed at the same time that the dinosaurs birds evolved from existed?

Buttons*

Glass half Panda'd
Sunstone said:
Why would it disprove anything if birds existed at the same time that the dinosaurs birds evolved from existed?

because isn't one era supposed to end before another can begin? There again, i thought he was lying... and full of it... but that was my opinion. I just wanted to make sure that what i thought was valid i suppose...

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
I'm not quite sure why, but I sometimes find it amusing that atheists or agnostics feel the need to 'prove' evolution; I think most everyone accepts it.

What is more, you have a much easier task proving evolution than we theists have of proving our beliefs.........so just for once, think on that thought!:p

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Deut. 10:19 said:
You confuse "the need to 'prove'" with "the need to 'defend'". Perhaps a $30 membership in the ncse would help.
Good point; thanks for putting me right, and for the link.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
gnosis_777 said:
because isn't one era supposed to end before another can begin? ..
Do parents have to die when there offspring are borne?
same thing larger scale and more envolved.

Terry___________________
Amen! Truly I say to you: Gather in my name. I am with you.

AtheistAJ

gnosis_777 said:
Someone i know once told me that the bird dinosaurs existed at the same time the dinosaurs the bird was evolved from did. Does that disprove anything? (This man believes in Creationism.
Well homo-sapiens live in the same time as many primates such as anthropoids.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
The key is that Dinsaurs appear first and the theropods (meat eaters) become progressively more bird-like as time goes on, untill modern type birds make thier apperance.

incidently a new Dromeosaurid ("Raptor") was found in South America that indicates that this family of bird-like dinosaurs first appeared in the Early-Mid Jurassic. They are an old enough family to have been ancestral to the first birds... or at least the closest sister Taxon. :D

It took a lot of mucking around to "get birds right"... they didn't appear overnight. You can see different groups of early birds "trying" all kinds of body types. Long boney tails, short tails, long wing fingers, no fingers, two wings vs. four wings... teeth, beaks, beaks with teeth... all kinds of combinations of all these features and more. :jiggy:

wa:do

JerryL

The key is that Dinsaurs appear first and the theropods (meat eaters) become progressively more bird-like as time goes on, untill modern type birds make thier apperance.
You also have the non-dinosaur flying reptiles (like pteradon).

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
yes, but they didn't cause the evoltion of birds... though they may have helped shape it.
Pterosaurs were masters of open air... birds seem to have evolved to take advantage of the smaller fight areas in forests.
Places Pterosaurs, with thier bone supported wings, seem to have had problems taking advantage of.

wa:do

JerryL

yes, but they didn't cause the evoltion of birds... though they may have helped shape it.
Agreed, and apologies if I implied otherwise. Similar problem, similar answer.

Matt10:34

michel said:
I think most everyone accepts it.
What is more, you have a much easier task proving evolution than we theists have of proving our beliefs.........so just for once, think on that thought!:p
It takes more faith to be an Athiest! Evolution has never been remotely proven. Were is you missing link? And if evolution is true, and there is no God then what does man live for? No God, no morals or ethics, and no need to live by the rules it would be everybody for themselves. Evolution tares at the very heart of right and wrong. With mans theory of evo comes great destruction to the human society. Just ask yourself this? In the beginning there was a big bang! Where did it come from? Athiest.....ahhh...certain mixture of elements? Maybe? Where did they come from? Out of nothing? You see it takes more faith to be athiestic than theistic. How much easier to believe there was a creator who is ever existant, eternal. The Alpha and Omega!

Quiddity

UndertheInfluenceofGiants
Matt10:34 said:
Evolution has never been remotely proven.
Yes it has. Check out my fictional discussion with a professor:

Victor: How did the bats get sonar?
Professor: It arose by an accidental mutation of the genes and was selected for. Next question?
Victor: How did the eye develop?
Professor: Piecemeal. There was a random mutation and it conferred an advantage so it was selected for. Then the same thing happened over and over again. Next question?
Victor: How did the camel get its hump?
Professor: Random mutations conferred some advantage and so they were selected for. Next question?

"It was selected for" was a term I heard much too often in school. But then again my menacing resistance and questioning is of the same venom that drives many to search further in many areas of science and theology. Although I will say that knees bend much quicker and with less resistance with Science then with theology..;)

There is the proof you seek...:D

``Victor

Matt10:34

Victor said:
Check out my fictional discussion with a professor:
There is the proof you seek...:D
What? Just as you put it "fictional discussion"! That is of no concrete evidence. A professor is not truth. Truth was there before him and will be after him. It does not change. Now I will say this I do believe in Micro-Evolution. Within the species. But a horse that turns after a specific time period into a dog. There is no such evidence for that kind of logic.

Quiddity

UndertheInfluenceofGiants
Matt10:34 said:
What? Just as you put it "fictional discussion"! That is of no concrete evidence. A professor is not truth. Truth was there before him and will be after him. It does not change. Now I will say this I do believe in Micro-Evolution. Within the species. But a horse that turns after a specific time period into a dog. There is no such evidence for that kind of logic.
I thought my simlie face [ :D ] gave away my sarcasm.

~Victor