• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another Anti-Vax Radio Talk Show Host Dies from Covid

Moonjuice

In the time of chimpanzees I was a monkey
You disagree with me food shopping? Too risky to eat? I don't choose to stand next to unmasked selfish idiots, THEY choose to stand next to me. Or do you think I should have to have a go at every idiot that does? (eg in a supermarket yesterday). Some big grunter is right next to me, what are you recommending? Stay in my house forever? Accept having to risk altercations every time I go out the house?
You got it. This is called personal responsibility. Yes, if you want to be 100% protected the solution is to stay home alone. If you choose to go out of your house for any reason, the amount of risk you are willing to accept is totally up to you. Once you do leave your house, you can still protect yourself 100%. Get vaccinated, wear a mask, stay at least 12 feet away from people.

If you do these three things you cannot catch Covid. Right? If you choose to stand in line with non-mask wearers at the grocery store instead of socially distancing yourself...you are choosing to increase your risk. Its your choice.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Yeah. If I were a doctor and saw it like they do I'd be out of a job.

Edit.
It also adds another layer to this that being vax would feel like I'm supporting their cause when I don't see medical choices as political in nature.
Yes, doctors are not like that fortunately, it indeed seems to be more political than it should be; even dangerous to make it politcal.
And, yes, many vaxxers are quite religious about it, even most Atheist vaxxers. Probably this "being religious about stuff" is still in their DNA

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
You got it. This is called personal responsibility. Yes, if you want to be 100% protected the solution is to stay home alone. If you choose to go out of your house for any reason, the amount of risk you are willing to accept is totally up to you. Once you do leave your house, you can still protect yourself 100%. Get vaccinated, wear a mask, stay at least 12 feet away from people.

If you do these three things you cannot catch Covid. Right? If you choose to stand in line with non-mask wearers at the grocery store instead of socially distancing yourself...you are choosing to increase your risk. Its your choice.
No. I was socially distanced. As you go through the narrow part of the till, with a customer in front of me and behind me I am not "choosing" the following customer standing too close to me. I could ask him to step back and probably get grief (and do this each time such a situation arises) or put up with it. Food shopping WAS risk free of death by pandemic. If customers did the right thing it would still be risk free.
Let me ask you: Why is such a small considerate courtesy so difficult or objectionable?

We Never Know

No Slack
The greater your influence, the greater your responsibility and culpability.

I agree people are influenced by others. But if peopl make their choices based upon what a radio guy, a singer, a movie star, etc says, then that's shows they really don't think for theirself and only make choices based upon the status of others.

I don't care who says do this or don't do that, buy this and that, etc. People should make their own choices rather than for example "select to use reverse mortgage" because Tom Selleck says so.(just happened to see that commercial this morning)

Last edited:

Moonjuice

**mod edit** Yeah, if we catch covid, even though we have tried our best not to, then it was our choice but that's because the alternative would be to starve to death.
The most **mod edit** thing I have heard is that you cannot think of any way to purchase food without catching Covid.

Last edited by a moderator:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
To tell you honestly, even on RF, I have not read any antivax person (which there are a couple) and any unvaxed person say they are convincing or try to convince others to vaccinate. The common consensus is they want freedom of choice for themselves "as with" others-vaxed and not.

Other provaxxers have the same views as you do. It's hard to put clauses in everything I write so "you guys" meaning all of you that have the same or similar opinion not that you guys are the same person.
An anti-vax message can be sent in many ways
by what's said & what's not said....all without
overtly saying "don't vaccinate". I have observed
this having been done.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Yes, doctors are not like that fortunately, it indeed seems to be more political than it should be; even dangerous to make it politcal.
And, yes, many vaxxers are quite religious about it, even most Atheist vaxxers. Probably this "being religious about stuff" is still in their DNA

True. Here's another thing I thought of. In all medical websites they always have a disclaimer "this is for educational purposes only" or speak to your medical professional about X. No expert on television (whether CDC or government) tells citizens to "first" ask your doctors about taking the vaccine and what we are saying is for information purposes but your first bet is your doctor.

It assumes that the experts, justified by emergency, can still speak for the health and behalf of citizens. In a bomb threat, anyone can speak for me better safe than sorry. In this case we have a chance to assess our situation, weigh the risk, and take actions accordingly -for ourselves 'and' for others.

People would literally have to think for themselves and say "maybe I should consult my doctor first (if appropriate)" before taking something I'm not familiar with. I'm not an expert, so...

Moonjuice

No. I was socially distanced. As you go through the narrow part of the till, with a customer in front of me and behind me I am not "choosing" the following customer standing too close to me. I could ask him to step back and probably get grief (and do this each time such a situation arises) or put up with it. Food shopping WAS risk free of death by pandemic. If customers did the right thing it would still be risk free.
Let me ask you: Why is such a small considerate courtesy so difficult or objectionable?
I'm simply pointing out flawed logic. People act like you can't protect yourself, that the only way to stay safe is if you rely on other people to keep you safe. You literally described yourself not socially distancing by going shopping and standing in a line with other people. You made that choice. If someone is approaching you with no mask on, back away and keep your distance. You chose to stay in line. All I am saying is you can stay safe, no matter what everyone else is doing if you really want to. The downside is, just like you pointed out, it's going to be a big inconvenience. I think what we all want is to be safe, but with the smallest amount of inconvenience possible.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I can assure you that not one of us vaccinates
in haste to meet Jesus. But anti-vaxers....
Southerners' Belief in 'Eternal Life' Makes Them 'Less Scared' of Covid, Mississippi Gov. Says

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I'm simply pointing out flawed logic. People act like you can't protect yourself, that the only way to stay safe is if you rely on other people to keep you safe.
This describes no pro-vax, pro-mask, pro-social separation
argument I've ever seen on RF. The whole idea of desiring
100% guarantee of anything smells strongly of straw.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
I'm simply pointing out flawed logic. People act like you can't protect yourself, that the only way to stay safe is if you rely on other people to keep you safe. You literally described yourself not socially distancing by going shopping and standing in a line with other people. You made that choice. If someone is approaching you with no mask on, back away and keep your distance. You chose to stay in line. All I am saying is you can stay safe, no matter what everyone else is doing if you really want to. The downside is, just like you pointed out, it's going to be a big inconvenience. I think what we all want is to be safe, but with the smallest amount of inconvenience possible.
Nothing flawed. I stood in line to buy food. He came up to me. Am I to keep leaving the line to avoid idiots? It is NOT my responsibility to take actions for others.

What is your answer to my question previously?

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
I can assure you that not one of us vaccinates
in haste to meet Jesus. But anti-vaxers....
It's not about "being in haste to meet Jesus" this article
That's twisting the story, it's just about "less scared"
“When you believe that living on this earth is but a blip on the screen, then you don’t have to be so scared of things,”

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
An anti-vax message can be sent in many ways
by what's said & what's not said....all without
overtly saying "don't vaccinate". I have observed
this having been done.

The problem with that is it leaves open being wrong.

Online its near impossible to go back to every comment and connect the dots like a puzzle. If someone corrects your assumption, unless you and others can prove otherwise, it's pretty much just an opinion. Which is fine up until defending opinions as if they were facts. T

But they both need to be supported for those claims to have some validity in the conversation.