• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another Anti-Vax Radio Talk Show Host Dies from Covid

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Clearly it takes more than just emotionalism and sarcasm for you to lack comprehension, since I was being neither emotional or sarcastic. When I stated that it's HARDER for me to have sympathy for someone who's responsible for their own suffering you foolishly decided to conclude that means I have NO sympathy. And then you kept on suggesting as much, even after I'd informed you that you're wrong.

Wait. Where did I say you had no sympathy????

(Where are you guys making up this stuff from)

"Suggests" isn't a fact.

Can you show me?

QuestioningMind

Wait. Where did I say you had no sympathy????

(Where are you guys making up this stuff from)

"Suggests" isn't a fact.

Can you show me?

Shrugs. I dislike people's behavior but if they are ill and die, I do feel something for them. In other words, I can't relate to your sentiment but what can I say.

This is from your post #96. You state that you DO feel something for them, or in other words you can't relate to MY sentiment - which would obviously have to be that I DON'T feel anything for them. And if I don't feel ANYTHING then I clearly don't feel sympathy. So THIS is where you indicated that I had no sympathy. See, I'm not 'making up this stuff', I get it from what you actually write.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Take it as venting.

It's frustrating to hear people describe public health measures designed to save lives as "segregation" - as you've done - and then claim that it's the people supporting the live-saving measures that don't care about people dying.

No. I said (literally) the people supporting life-saving measures don't care about the living (which means antivax and unvaxxed as well as vaxxed).

It's like having five people in the boat and everyone but one person and the victim agrees that the victim should go overboard to save the five. It's life saving measure but (at least in America) ideally people's individual opinions and contributions to the whole are valued. If you devalue a person's individual opinions and contributions for the sake of the whole (the opposite of our culture) people have a problem.

I don't know how else to really articulate it, though, in a more objective way and RF politically correct way.

There was an article @Evangelicalhumanist posted here and I commented in How many antivaxers (74): Eyam plague: The village of the damned

What I like about the story is this:

"Mompesson said if they agreed to stay - effectively choosing death - he would do everything in his power to alleviate their suffering and remain with them, telling them he was willing to sacrifice his own life rather than see nearby communities decimated"

What person would sacrifice him or herself to help a village by staying with them?

I wasn't saying provaxxers didn't care about the dying but provaxxers do tell antivaxxers they don't care about the dying, so if I did it would be balanced.

What do you think "provax" people aren't seeing?

How political and propaganda influence how you see others in light of this pandemic. If the world wants to save itself, it really needs to get out of this us vs them.

I don't think I disagree with anything health related like facts, stats, and things like that.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Shrugs. I dislike people's behavior but if they are ill and die, I do feel something for them. In other words, I can't relate to your sentiment but what can I say.

This is from your post #96. You state that you DO feel something for them, or in other words you can't relate to MY sentiment - which would obviously have to be that I DON'T feel anything for them. And if I don't feel ANYTHING then I clearly don't feel sympathy. So THIS is where you indicated that I had no sympathy. See, I'm not 'making up this stuff', I get it from what you actually write.

Thanks for taking the time to show it .. but the caps aren't necessary.....

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

I read the post. I didn't mention any person was uncaring.

I can't relate to your sentiment, no. Sentiment meaning your feelings about a given topic or idea.

For example, if you said you wanted to protect victims by locking up unvaxxed so they won't spread the virus, that sentiment (or feeling) I don't share. It's like saying that a person deserves the death penalty as the consequence of his actions-revenge. I don't agree with the sentiment-I don't believe in revenge.

It just means I don't share in your feelings about a given topic.

Edit.
By strict definition: a view of or attitude toward a situation or event; an opinion.

I don't share your view or attitude towards a given situation, event, or opinion. In this case vaccines.

QuestioningMind

I read the post. I didn't mention any person was uncaring.

I can't relate to your sentiment, no. Sentiment meaning your feelings about a given topic or idea.

For example, if you said you wanted to protect victims by locking up unvaxxed so they won't spread the virus, that sentiment (or feeling) I don't share. It's like saying that a person deserves the death penalty as the consequence of his actions-revenge. I don't agree with the sentiment-I don't believe in revenge.

It just means I don't share in your feelings about a given topic.

Edit.
By strict definition: a view of or attitude toward a situation or event; an opinion.

I don't share your view or attitude towards a given situation, event, or opinion. In this case vaccines.

I haven't said anything at all about locking up anyone. If you don't agree with my sentiments, why make up a fictional quote instead of quoting something I actually said? The only sentiment I've expressed is that I don't have as much sympathy for someone responsible for their own suffering as I do for someone who wasn't.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

I haven't said anything at all about locking up anyone. If you don't agree with my sentiments, why make up a fictional quote instead of quoting something I actually said? The only sentiment I've expressed is that I don't have as much sympathy for someone responsible for their own suffering as I do for someone who wasn't.

I used the analogy (hence "for example") to make my point. I never said you said anything about locking people up.

"The only sentiment I've expressed is that I don't have as much sympathy for someone responsible for their own suffering as I do for someone who wasn't"

Yes. And I do not share in this sentiment.

Has nothing to do with you caring or not caring. My post never mentioned that, so unless you accept my explanation, what else do you want?