• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

... and the end of naturalism

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
I've just reread Quantum physics and the end of naturalism. I don't understand it.
Not sure I do either. Thanks for posting this to read.

I will note that I disagree with this statement from just prior to his conclusions: "Embracing brute chance by denying that every contingent event must have an explanation is the pathway to epistemic nihilism. An explanation must exist."

I'm not sure why an explanation MUST exist; I don't really see an argument that this must be the case. Even if an explanation must exist, I don't see any reason why it would necessarily be something that humans could comprehend. Perhaps at some time in the future...

PureX

Veteran Member
We're reaching the limits of human comprehension. So things are beginning to appear too bizarre for us to fathom. That's to be expected.

But there will be a significant number of us that will not react well to that predicament.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
I've just reread Quantum physics and the end of naturalism. I don't understand it.
Given the language used - accusing naturalism of conceit, for example - I checked, and wonder of wonders, the author is a supporter of intelligent design. Cor, even though I don't understand all this stuff, I suspect when such language is used it betrays things, and especially when he mentions NDEs as some kind of evidence not even worth bothering with (must be true) - as for some others.

I'll wait until there is better evidence thanks.