• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

American tourist denied visit with pope, smashed Roman busts in Vatican museums: report

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
It shouldn't reflect how Americans are, but it often influences how Americans are treated when they go overseas. .

Honestly I hadn't read this news before you posted it.
Americans are not really seen as foreigners here...because we Europeans watch American TV 24/7....
I don't see a cultural difference at all.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Honestly I hadn't read this news before you posted it.
Americans are not really seen as foreigners here...because we Europeans watch American TV 24/7....
I don't see a cultural difference at all.

Perhaps it may be different now than it might have been in the past. But when this kind of imagery becomes common...

the_perfect_caracas_picture.jpg

...one realizes that they must have already had experience with people from my country, and somehow they were given a bad impression.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Perhaps it may be different now than it might have been in the past. But when this kind of imagery becomes common...

the_perfect_caracas_picture.jpg

...one realizes that they must have already had experience with people from my country, and somehow they were given a bad impression.

Well...that picture is surely not from my country.
Also because there is a terrifying English illiteracy...so I doubt they can write something like that.:p

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Well...that picture is surely not from my country.
Also because there is a terrifying English illiteracy...so I doubt they can write something like that.:p

Not exactly sure which country it's from. I thought it was from Venezuela, but it may be from a Central American country. But you're right, it's definitely not from Italy.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Being an enclave, it is the country "hosting" the enclave that determines the juridical status of Vatican City.
Our juridical system and our Constitution have stated that Vatican City is an independent and sovereign state, as Italy is. With its own borders.
It does?

Admittedly, this is an English translation, but I can't find "Vatican" (or "Holy See") anywhere in here:

Refworld | Constitution of Italy

If other countries do not recognize Vatican City as a sovereign and independent state, it's their own business.
To us Italians Vatican City is a foreign country.
A theocracy and an absolute monarchy are light years away from us, a secular Republic.
Swiss Guards indicate how outdated all that state is.
Really?

My quick Googling says that Italy maintains diplomatic relations with the Holy See, not with Vatican City.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
By the way, Venice is beautiful and its canals are so clean that tourists swim in them.:)
Tourists can be idiots.
I recently watched a documentary about how Venice
must limit measures against flooding because the
tides carry out the turds & other such waste.
That's their system....their only system.
So don't go swimming with the lumpfish.