• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

American Atheists at it again?

gnomon

I'ts good to see a continuation of the outrage against religious billboards that started before this extraordinarily small atheist campaign began.

Apex

Somewhere Around Nothing
I'ts good to see a continuation of the outrage against religious billboards that started before this extraordinarily small atheist campaign began.
Lol, small? They are throwing these things up everywhere.

gnomon

Lol, small? They are throwing these things up everywhere.

Yes.

Everywhere.

Every street I go down has a sign promoting atheism next to every church sign. Every other billboard beyond the ones promoting restaurants, self improvement, the local sports team, radio stations, churches, strip joints, god....every one of them is followed by a sign promoting atheism.

We are inundated. It's outrageous. It's good to see eagle eyes scouring the nets looking for these things. Very offensive stuff.

Good to see the tradition of billboards promoting nonsense carried on with the same fervor as before.

Oh yeah. An l. An o. And another l.

Apex

Somewhere Around Nothing
Seeing how atheist billboard campaigns are so rare that when one happens, it's newsworthy, I would say that "everywhere" is an overstatement.
I see a new announcement about an atheist billboard every couple weeks on one of the blogs in my RSS reader. Its been pretty consistent for at least a year now.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
I see a new announcement about an atheist billboard every couple weeks on one of the blogs in my RSS reader. Its been pretty consistent for at least a year now.
Every couple of weeks for a year... so 26 billboards constitutes "everywhere"?

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
You guys really do take things a little too literally.

What did you mean, then?

I wouldn't even say that atheist billboards have met the threshold of "commonplace" yet, never mind "everywhere".

The reason those stories are showing up in your RSS feed is because they're newsworthy, and they're newsworthy precisely because of how rare they are.

InformedIgnorance

Do you 'know' or believe?
...in the same way that evolution is a theory which indicates that Charles Darwin designed all forms of life

Last edited:

Apex

Somewhere Around Nothing
I have yet to see an atheist billboard in real life. They're not everywhere.
This wiki article lists 130 billboards and only goes to 2010. It is a pretty safe to say there are even more today. And the article I posted previously states that just that one single entity (UCR) has put billboards up in 29 different states and D.C. That may not fit your definition of "everywhere" but it also certainly does not fit the definition of a "small campaign" either.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
This wiki article lists 130 billboards and only goes to 2010. It is a pretty safe to say there are even more today. And the article I posted previously states that just that one single entity (UCR) has put billboards up in 29 different states and D.C. That may not fit your definition of "everywhere" but it also certainly does not fit the definition of a "small campaign" either.
Holy ****!!1
130 atheist billboards since 2008!!!

They are freaking EVERYWHERE!!!!!

:facepalm: