• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

America and the hate politics cause

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
I think you have drastically misinterpreted the topic of this thread, and more specifically misread my post.

Either that you you just don't understand the difference between "work" and "play".

You are talking about work. And yes, you need to be able to work with all kinds of people, people with different points of view. You need to treat these people civilly, professionally and work together to achieve your goals.

However this thread was about who you choose to be friends with. And my post that you are replying to specifically states "who you choose to spend time with socially". Do you understand the difference?
From the OP : 33% of respondents said they would "definitely not" or "probably not" be open to being friends with someone who voted for the opposing party's presidential nominee

Not open to it. You don't need to see that as problematic, and you're welcome to your opinion. I don't share it.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
From the OP : 33% of respondents said they would "definitely not" or "probably not" be open to being friends with someone who voted for the opposing party's presidential nominee

Not open to it. You don't need to see that as problematic, and you're welcome to your opinion. I don't share it.
I am not sure we are even talking about the same topic.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
I am not sure we are even talking about the same topic.
Fair enough. I think the division in American society is problematic. You think people should be judged based on the party they support.

To a degree I agree with you at a high level. I wouldn't be friends with someone supporting the Nazi party, as a stupidly simplistic example. The difference might just be in how we view the boundaries around the group known as 'Republican voters'

It's fine. We don't need to agree.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Yes, the OP is about friends. So why are you on about work (post 77) ? :shrug:
Not 'work' but 'work with'.
I'm friends with all sorts of deluded folks...even religious people...ahem.
I judge them based on how they treat people. We vary GREATLY on other things. Funnily, there are lots of lefties I find hard to handle from a friendship point of view.