• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Am I more kind than God?

Am I kinder than God?

• Yes

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • No

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters

Aiviu

I find this leper patient's affliction and countenance to be heartbreaking...if I could give my life today in exchange for his healing , I would do it... I don't want to live and Ive always wanted to die for a noble cause.

It just dawned on me it's Interesting that I would give my life to help this poor soul (and I know I'm serious)and God doesn't have to lift a finger, spend a penny, or burn a calorie to bring him healing, and God refuses...

That's really low God! I know you're reading this

If i would be that guy and you'd be my friend. And then, you killed yourself just to heal me. I would be sad. Probalby i have to hate you that i am able to go on and yeah, test out life on things which i couldnt do before. But someday i will just sit there and realize what i always knew. That I regret every minute without you and that until i would die finally. ... So should i feel sadness, hate, or even shame? Should i follow your example?

I dont think its kind. You would treat him as if he is different from you. But he has a soul and life, he's someone. Who are you without him? No i really dont think that was kind from you because you didnt offered to save me to a life that i can share with you.

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
View attachment 18936
I find this leper patient's affliction and countenance to be heartbreaking...if I could give my life today in exchange for his healing , I would do it... I don't want to live and Ive always wanted to die for a noble cause.

It just dawned on me it's Interesting that I would give my life to help this poor soul (and I know I'm serious)and God doesn't have to lift a finger, spend a penny, or burn a calorie to bring him healing, and God refuses...

You dont have to exchange your life. Leprosy is treatable with antibiotics in combination with other drugs.

Which makes me question your devotion to giving up your life for a good cause when you didn't even bother to google the disease to learn about it.

So I would say no, you are not more kind than God, or else you would have learned a little bit about Leprosy first.

Leprosy - Wikipedia

Magus

Biblical leprosy simply described the snowy topography of Lebanon .

Exodus 4:6 ' Did Moses **** God ? '
He put his hand into his bosom: and when he took it out, behold, his hand was leprous as snow.

Numbers 12:10
And the cloud departed from off the tabernacle; and, behold, Miriam became leprous, white as snow

Araceli Cianna

You dont have to exchange your life. Leprosy is treatable with antibiotics in combination with other drugs.

Which makes me question your devotion to giving up your life for a good cause when you didn't even bother to google the disease to learn about it.

So I would say no, you are not more kind than God, or else you would have learned a little bit about Leprosy first.

Leprosy - Wikipedia

I think the real question should be: Why did it take us mortal humans so much blood sweat and tears to find a cure for leprosy, whilst a supposedly omnipotent God can just heal them with the click of his fingers? Is God lazy or what?

Saint Frankenstein

Gone
Premium Member
What if you knew that before this guy had leprosy, he actually severely disfigured a little girl in a fit of rage. Would you still do it? I imagine not.

I think the conclusion we can draw from there is, without having G-d's knowledge, we can't judge the morality of G-d's actions.
Are you trying to say that illness is a punishment for past actions?

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Sex is for procreation....we see this in just about all species of living things on this planet.....it is designed to produce offspring.
Except it isn't just for that, as we can infer from its "design." Consider the other possibilities:

Many other mammals have estrus; they go into heat. They're only interested in sex at times when it's likely to be procreative. Humans don't go into heat; they're still interested in sex even at times in the menstrual cycle when the female isn't fertile.

Many other mammals - including some of our closest relatives - have overt ovulation; obvious outward signs for when the female is fertile. Humans, OTOH, have covert ovulation; there's no obvious outward sign when a female human is fertile.

So... considering:

- our "design" has us interested in sex at non-fertile times, despite the fact that we could have been "designed" to only want sex when it's procreative, and

- our "design" deprives us of one of the most common tools an individual uses to only have procreative sex, if so inclined,

... tell us why on Earth you think that our designer intends for sex to be only for procreation.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
What if you knew that before this guy had leprosy, he actually severely disfigured a little girl in a fit of rage. Would you still do it? I imagine not.

I think the conclusion we can draw from there is, without having G-d's knowledge, we can't judge the morality of G-d's actions.
... and there goes the motive for charity.

If suffering God's righteous will, why work to alleviate it? Why work against God? Not only would it be futile, we'd be morally wrong... right?

If someone has leprosy, then God must have had a good reason for giving leprosy to him. Who are we to second-guess God and actually treat his illness. Am I right?

Muslim-UK

Premium Member
I think the real question should be: Why did it take us mortal humans so much blood sweat and tears to find a cure for leprosy, whilst a supposedly omnipotent God can just heal them with the click of his fingers? Is God lazy or what?
If GOD stepped in at every instance to heal and correct things, then what would be the point of this life? Why not just let us all into Heaven where none of these ailments affect anyone.

The simple fact is, this life is a testing ground to determine where one will potentially spend eternity. Although for those who mess up, there is still the chance to put things right over the course of Billions of years.

Me personally, I'm totally convinced from all the evidence present both within me, around me in nature and the cosmos a Creator exists with certainty. This Creator has sent guidance down to mankind for Thousands of years, which is very simple to follow...

Worship Him alone, turn to in times of happiness and during the lows. Enjoy what is lawful, and abstain from what is forbidden or harmful. Everything one does should be with GOD consciousness, aim to do what is pleasing to him. Live a fruitful life, help your fellow man and want for others what you desire for yourself.

Not hard is it, and I've no need to be concerned with how someone of the same faith is conducting themselves Thousands of miles away from me. I can raise objections, correct them online etc but ultimately, when I return to the Creator, it will be to accountable for my own actions, not of others and certainly not of 2 humans that ate some fruit, who I never met.

Muslim-UK

Premium Member
Are you trying to say that illness is a punishment for past actions?
No, he gave one scenario, and ultimately said, GOD knows what we don't.

Another scenario would be, perhaps this person was a non believer, a mocker and filled with arrogance. Perhaps this condition of his will expiate his sins and allow him to gain GOD's forgiveness. Surely GOD is with the patient.

Saint Frankenstein

Gone
Premium Member
No, he gave one scenario, and ultimately said, GOD knows what we don't.

Another scenario would be, perhaps this person was a non believer, a mocker and filled with arrogance. Perhaps this condition of his will expiate his sins and allow him to gain GOD's forgiveness. Surely GOD is with the patient.
I wasn't asking you. You are also saying that the illness might be punishment for past actions.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
If GOD stepped in at every instance to heal and correct things, then what would be the point of this life? Why not just let us all into Heaven where none of these ailments affect anyone.
So you don't believe that God steps in to correct things?

Hmm... a Muslim deist. Not the strangest combination I've come across, but pretty strange.

The simple fact is, this life is a testing ground to determine where one will potentially spend eternity. Although for those who mess up, there is still the chance to put things right over the course of Billions of years.
So God needs to put us through a test to know where he should put us? Your God isn't omniscient?

(Note: it's okay if he isn't omniscient; I'm just clarifying)

BTW: why would God need people to spend eternity any place? What need does God fulfill by creating humans, testing them, and then putting them in Heaven or Hell?

I'm especially puzzled about the Hell part. Typically, people say that Hell is punishment for not doing what God wants... but if those people were really that offensive to God, you'd think he would have done better quality control on the front end so that he didn't create undesirable ones in the first place. The inference is that God gets something desirable out of having people in Hell... but what?

Muslim-UK

Premium Member
I wasn't asking you. You are also saying that the illness might be punishment for past actions.
Ultimately no one knows what is behind illnesses. Some of it could be down to how mankind treats the environment, poisoning water and crops with chemicals and pesticides.

Kuzcotopia

If you can read this, you are as lucky as I am.
View attachment 18936

If you decide that god isn't blame, or that god doesn't even exist. . . Then there are avenues to help this man and million stories like him.

This is an issue of sanitation, education, redistribution of wealth, and global economic initiatives that are not exploitative. The best way to help is to support economic globalization, tempered by regulation and taxation. It has worked to end some aspects of extreme poverty in many developing nations already.

I know what I'm suggesting is not as emotionally vital as trading places with him or giving you life for him, but the goal must not be to help individual poor people. . . the true goal should be to end the conditions of poverty once and for all.

Muslim-UK

Premium Member
So you don't believe that God steps in to correct things?

Hmm... a Muslim deist. Not the strangest combination I've come across, but pretty strange.
We are given guidance and free will. Follow with belief in the unseen or reject it.

So God needs to put us through a test to know where he should put us? Your God isn't omniscient?

(Note: it's okay if he isn't omniscient; I'm just clarifying)
The test here is simply for our benefit, so when we return we can not argue our destination.

BTW: why would God need people to spend eternity any place? What need does God fulfill by creating humans, testing them, and then putting them in Heaven or Hell?
I said, you could 'potentially' reside in Hell for eternity, I personally believe the vast majority of people will have the chance to make amends over a period of time. Ultimately this is for God to decide.

I'm especially puzzled about the Hell part. Typically, people say that Hell is punishment for not doing what God wants... but if those people were really that offensive to God, you'd think he would have done better quality control on the front end so that he didn't create undesirable ones in the first place. The inference is that God gets something desirable out of having people in Hell... but what?

Every soul is born with knowledge of the Creator, and overtime we all search for the meaning of life. There is plenty of written guidance sent by way of Prophets to point every soul in the right direction. We were Created, and as such the Creator can do what He likes. We aren't the first ever creation, and we are by no means the last. When we return to him, the soul is laid bare and there is no being clever or witty in a attempt to shift blame. Everyone will be shown what THEY have earned.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I don't get why leprosy is not understood as merely the product of a bacterial infection (like other bacterial infections), which is something that does happen and possibly has to happen on this planet that is teeming wih life forms. That is, I don't understand leprosy in humans should be thought of as like an intentional act of someone to mutilate another person. After all, the bacteria are just trying to live, just trying to pay their monthly bills.
I didn't say God gave him the leprosy... I'm simply saying there is a lot of ugliness in our world that God could remedy.

If I could do it I would. God refuses!

Spiderman

Veteran Member
If i would be that guy and you'd be my friend. And then, you killed yourself just to heal me. I would be sad. Probalby i have to hate you that i am able to go on and yeah, test out life on things which i couldnt do before. But someday i will just sit there and realize what i always knew. That I regret every minute without you and that until i would die finally. ... So should i feel sadness, hate, or even shame? Should i follow your example?

I dont think its kind. You would treat him as if he is different from you. But he has a soul and life, he's someone. Who are you without him? No i really dont think that was kind from you because you didnt offered to save me to a life that i can share with you.
Thanks but I think you missed my point

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
We are given guidance and free will. Follow with belief in the unseen or reject it.
Not really relevant to what I asked, thanks.

The test here is simply for our benefit, so when we return we can not argue our destination.
That implies that it will be obvious to everyone that the test was fair.

- Do you really believe this life provides a fair test?
- Do you think that all people will accept this?

I said, you could 'potentially' reside in Hell for eternity, I personally believe the vast majority of people will have the chance to make amends over a period of time. Ultimately this is for God to decide.
Again: not really relevant to what I asked.

Every soul is born with knowledge of the Creator, and overtime we all search for the meaning of life. There is plenty of written guidance sent by way of Prophets to point every soul in the right direction.
But, according to you, not enough guidance to actually guide everyone to the right path. Why would God implement a system that doesn't do the job?

We were Created, and as such the Creator can do what He likes. We aren't the first ever creation, and we are by no means the last. When we return to him, the soul is laid bare and there is no being clever or witty in a attempt to shift blame. Everyone will be shown what THEY have earned.
Again: not really relevant to what I asked.

Spiderman

Veteran Member

Leprosy - Wikipedia
Antibiotics couldn't cure the guy in the OP. His flesh has rotted off too much.

My point is there's a lot of ugliness and suffering out there. If I could die today to end it I would. God doesn't have to lift a finger to help and he refuses.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
View attachment 18936
if I could give my life today in exchange for his healing , I would do it...
He did give his life in exchange. (He did heal the lepers).... then He said "Go and lay hands on the sick" ( a little more than lifting a finger).

If you would give your life for him... why not just go and lay hands on him? Is that too much to ask of you?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
He did give his life in exchange. (He did heal the lepers).... then He said "Go and lay hands on the sick" ( a little more than lifting a finger).

If you would give your life for him... why not just go and lay hands on him? Is that too much to ask of you?
I recently laid hands on a girl in a wheelchair and prayed in the name of Jesus that she would walk. Nothing happened.