• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

'Allo! New member here: introduction

Neale

Debonaire Rationale
Hello everyone! Since, of course, you're reading this forum it is only logical to assume that I'm one of the many new members posting their intro threads. So, here's a brief little insight into the man behind the BillyWitchDoctor.com avatar.

I'm currently a senior at the University of Southern Indiana where I have a major in English and two minors in Classics and Philosophy. After I get out of this place, I plan on continuing to graduate school to study Classics and teach Latin, Greek, and the history of the classical world in a university setting.

I enjoy Collie puppies and long walks on the beach....:beach: (just checking to see if you're still reading!).

Anyway, I've been raised as a general "Christian" and have been attending RCIA "classes" at the local Roman Catholic Church for about a month. Over the course of the past four years of trying to find truth/God/etc., I've began heavily to question my own Christian-faith upbringing, and none so more strenuous than recent. I feel "out of place" in several aspects of the religion, but I'm set behind further self-exploration per the notion I presented farther down in this thread.

Thanks for reading, and I hope to engage in several more conversations on here! Ciao!

robtex

Veteran Member
Great to meet you and great intro!! By the info presented in this post you came to the right place! What is your first name?

Neale

Debonaire Rationale
I guess it wouldn't let me post, but here's the post to which I was trying to redirect.

Neale

Debonaire Rationale
Thanks for the tip! I feel like I'm right at home, people take the silent "E" as a "Y" sound all the time, which has led to that nickname, hehe.

I made the thread, but since I can't HTML-up the URL link to the new thread yet, you'll just have to do a search :rolleyes:

lizskid

BANNED
Welcome, Neale! Loved your intro.....I like the beach, too! :beach: Are you originally from Indiana? You will find a lot to see here!

Neale

Debonaire Rationale
lizskid said:
Are you originally from Indiana? You will find a lot to see here!

Sort of...I'm from about ten miles south of the Indiana boarder in Kentucky, so I've always kind of "grew up" around the southwest Indiana area. I guess I've been offically living in Indiana since I started college - which is about four years.

I certainly hope you're right, all I've seen are fields of cows and propane tanks ;)

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Hello and welcome! (Sorry that this is so belated a welcome!) I'm trying out a shiny new link for our newer members in my signature- please let me know if it works! (I hope it does!)

I look forward to getting to know you!

Namaste!

Neale

Debonaire Rationale
FeathersinHair said:
Hello and welcome! (Sorry that this is so belated a welcome!) I'm trying out a shiny new link for our newer members in my signature- please let me know if it works! (I hope it does!)

I look forward to getting to know you!

Namaste!

The link works very well, and is highly useful. You've been "fruballized" as per the link material. :)

lizskid

BANNED
Actually, Neale, I meant at RF not Indiana, in seeing things....not much here but corn propane tanks....a few churches and pot fields too, I guess.:rolleyes: