• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Allahu Akbar - Out of the Darkness a Light

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
is love the greatest power? transcending all religions, peoples, species?

if we met an alien from another galaxy, would they possibly know love?

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
I mean, get in a pin with an untrained tiger, and tell me if you're feeling the love of the species.

feral humans tend to behave in anti-social ways and when not raised in a loving relationship with their own kind. choosing the species that they were raised with.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
feral humans tend to behave in anti-social ways and when not raised in a loving relationship with their own kind. choosing the species that they were raised with.

Which is their natural habitat. Why engineer animals to demonstrate human ideas?

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
It can go both ways.
hatred usually leads to chaos, destruction, disintegration. love works in the opposite direction and harder to accomplish.

with love comes light. like standing on the top of a mountain with a 144,000. you can see when you're above the clouds.

For this people's heart has become calloused; they hardly hear with their ears, and they have closed their eyes. Otherwise they might see with their eyes, hear with their ears, understand with their hearts and turn, and I would heal them.'

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Which is their natural habitat. Why engineer animals to demonstrate human ideas?
humans are animals, animals can't ascend? evolve?

Eccl 3:17-Eccl 3:19 KJV I said in mine heart, God shall judge the righteous and the wicked: for there is a time there for every purpose and for every work. I said in mine heart concerning the estate of the sons of men, that God might manifest them, and that they might see that they themselves are beasts. For that which befalleth the sons of men befalleth beasts; even one thing befalleth them: as the one dieth, so dieth the other; yea, they have all one breath; so that a man hath no preeminence above a beast: for all is vanity.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
humans are animals, animals can't ascend? evolve?

Eccl 3:17-Eccl 3:19 KJV I said in mine heart, God shall judge the righteous and the wicked: for there is a time there for every purpose and for every work. I said in mine heart concerning the estate of the sons of men, that God might manifest them, and that they might see that they themselves are beasts. For that which befalleth the sons of men befalleth beasts; even one thing befalleth them: as the one dieth, so dieth the other; yea, they have all one breath; so that a man hath no preeminence above a beast: for all is vanity.

I still think you're putting the cart before the horse. Why take Bible verses out of context (for the record, the Bible often refers to fallen man as beasts, not sure if the same applies here), and point to evolution which teaches survival of the fittest, rather than accept that "All species demonstrate love" is too simple a statement to be accurate?

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
The New Age Movement is one helluva drug because this is some pure god-damned ****ing scary hallucinogenic ****.

romanticism isn't considered new age, neither is idealism.

yes lions raised in their own social groups tend to be social with those who are established within the group. a lion, or lioness, that is encountered outside the normal social group is often attacked.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Which is natural.
and evolving to accept other similar/dissimilar species is too; otherwise it wouldn't occur in nature.

nature isn't a disconnected independent sort of things, or processes. all life, processes, are interdependent in nature. they occur in nature.

your point?

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
is love the greatest power? transcending all religions, peoples, species?

if we met an alien from another galaxy, would they possibly know love?

Love at the most physical level is manifest as gravity, the attraction of magnets and so forth.

Love at the animal level is manifest as instinct - parents taking care of their offspring and in the desire to make the prey one with themselves through eating them. But even at the animal level, the highest form of love, self-giving, starts to manifest in acts of altruism.

In humans, the highest forms of love becomes possible for at least a few.

Muffled

Jesus in me
I believe the greys might be from another galaxy and the writer's of Star Gate have it that way also. However there doesn't seem to be much love there just scientific investigation.

As for the locals from our Galaxy, some of us are probably descended from them according to the myths. It seems the gods might have known God but the gods although having eternal life, were also sinners. The Lizard people appear to be downright nasty to humans but the myths say they were at war with humans anyway so that tends to alter the views a bit.

As for love being powerful I believe God is love and He is all powerful.