• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Al Ghazali

Nehustan

I have been reading Imam Abu Hamid Al Ghazali for as nearly as long as I have been Muslim. I bought a book recently that I would strongly advise anyone interested in Islam and the more mystical interpretations of that way of life to read. It is an inexpensive book, but never the less extraordinarily impressive in my mind. I studied the classics at school and beyond, and in their own way they are impressive, but I am always minded that what I am reading comes from antiquity. The book I am going to recommend is over 800 years old, and yet as I read it, it could have been written yesterday. I find that it is a most impressive volume. The book is 115 pages long so really more a pamphlet than a book. It is called Al-Ghazali's Path to Sufisim : His Deliverance from Error (al-Munqidh min al-Dalal) and Five Key Texts and well worth the few dollars a second hand copy may be purchased for.

A-ManESL

Please quote short excerpts from the book so that we can get a taste of the spiritual food on offer.

I feel that wouldnt be appropriate, short excerpts wouldnt do the book justice. It is a small book and you can find it online here.

I hope you enjoy it. :)

Regards.