• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

AIDS

Do you think HIV began from a human having sex with a monkey or chimpanzee?

• Yes

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 8 80.0%

• Total voters

Spiderman

Veteran Member
It is believed that AIDS may have come from a human having sex with a chimpanzee or possibly eating a chimps meat or getting blood from a chimp in to a wound, in Congo:
Origin of HIV & AIDS

an estimated 69 percent of all people living with HIV[3]and 70 percent of all AIDS deaths in 2011.[4] In the countries of sub-Saharan Africa most affected, AIDS has raised death rates and lowered life expectancy among adults between the ages of 20 and 49 by about twenty years.[2]Furthermore, the life expectancy in many parts of Africa is declining, largely as a result of the HIV/AIDS epidemic with life-expectancy in some countries reaching as low as thirty-four years
HIV/AIDS in Africa - Wikipedia

What do you think is responsible for this epidemic that claims so many lives?

Is there any evidence that this virus existed before the 20th century? Wouldn't that be weird, if this virus did not exist before the 20th century? How did it materialize?

Last edited by a moderator:

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
s believed that AIDS may have come from a human having sex with a chimpanzee in Congo:
There's a lot more information about where AIDS came from available, just in the last few years.
It's a blood borne disease and probably came from a hunter who killed a chimp for food, who cut himself while slaughtering the animal to sell the meat.
Tom

BSM1

What? Me worry?
There's a lot more information about where AIDS came from available, just in the last few years.
It's a blood borne disease and probably came from a hunter who killed a chimp for food, who cut himself while slaughtering the animal to sell the meat.
Tom

That's his story and he's standin' by it...

Spiderman

Veteran Member
If you are a theist, do you believe God created all things... do you believe God creates viruses?

What do you think God's reasons are for creating, or at least permitting the HIV virus to materialize, exist, and give so many millions of people and early, slow, tedious, agonizing death?

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
That's his story and he's standin' by it...
He's dead.
Nobody knows who it was, specifically.
But when you trace back infections, and infection methods, etc. etc., that's the most plausible explanation. Hunting chimps, and field slaughtering them, is a thing. Not sex with them. I think that is a Scottish thing.
Tom

Spiderman

Veteran Member
He's dead.
Nobody knows who it was, specifically.
But when you trace back infections, and infection methods, etc. etc., that's the most plausible explanation. Hunting chimps, and field slaughtering them, is a thing. Not sex with them. I think that is a Scottish thing.
Tom
Scottish...lol :D

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Does anyone buy that?
Not me.
I didn't even click the link.
Back in the 80s, people claiming to have cures for AIDS were incredibly damaging.
Since then, I've not seen any competent claim to have a cure. But the vultures are still out there I'm sure.
I would rather not hear about yet another claim until the research is peer reviewed. It's a little bit too painful.
Tom

Thief

Rogue Theologian
It is believed that AIDS may have come from a human having sex with a chimpanzee or possibly eating a chimps meat or getting blood from a chimp in to a wound, in Congo:
Origin of HIV & AIDS

an estimated 69 percent of all people living with HIV[3]and 70 percent of all AIDS deaths in 2011.[4] In the countries of sub-Saharan Africa most affected, AIDS has raised death rates and lowered life expectancy among adults between the ages of 20 and 49 by about twenty years.[2]Furthermore, the life expectancy in many parts of Africa is declining, largely as a result of the HIV/AIDS epidemic with life-expectancy in some countries reaching as low as thirty-four years
HIV/AIDS in Africa - Wikipedia

What do you think is responsible for this epidemic that claims so many lives?

Is there any evidence that this virus existed before the 20th century? Wouldn't that be weird, if this virus did not exist before the 20th century? How did it materialize?

not to distract.....there is an article going about on Explorer
an ancient HIV has made a come back in Australia

it is reported as a 'cousin' to the well known item