• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ah Yes, Time marches On, Even For Nativity Scenes

Skwim

Veteran Member
5a282a19b937f.image.jpg

BELLEVILLE • “Why does Mary have a coffee in her hands [and is exposing her bra]?”

The question comes from an incredulous kindergartner from Notre Dame Academy standing eye-level with one unusual Nativity scene.

“That is our hipster Nativity,” says Monsignor John Myler, rector of the Cathedral of St. Peter in Belleville.

Myler points out the details to a group of students: There’s Mary and Joseph taking a selfie with baby Jesus in the manger, the three wise men on Segways carrying Amazon Prime boxes, and the “100 percent organic” cow eating gluten-free feed.

The Nativity is just one of about 60 that will be on display in the “Nativities From Around the World” exhibit at the Cathedral of St. Peter through Tuesday.

“Each culture and each time assimilates the story of the birth of Christ to itself,” said Myler, who oversees the display. “Not every Nativity set depicts the year 1 A.D. in Bethlehem. Some are in Renaissance clothing, some are in tribal clothing, and of course this year we have the hipsters. It’s the same idea.”

The Nativities come to the cathedral through a partnership with the University of Dayton’s Marian Library, which curates a collection of more than 3,500 Nativities from more than 100 countries.
source

Personally, I think it's delightful. ;)

Last edited:

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Social liberalism infecting everywhere again.

I look forward to the backlash.

Laika

Premium Member
Uhhh...is that kosher?

Its a sausage roll. There's definitely some pork content in there and its almost certainly the parts of the pig they couldn't sell otherwise. Maybe some highly processed parts of a few other animals as well.

So I'm going with "No". :D

Kemosloby

Premium Member
It timelessly cool that the King of Kings would be born in a manger rather than in a palace.

how-to-set-up-a-nativity-scene.png.v2.jpg

Skwim

Veteran Member
Hmmm . . . Seems there are several possibilities: hyperbilirubinemia,
or internal bleeding (hemorrhage),
or an infection of the blood (sepsis),
or Other viral or bacterial infections,
or an incompatibility between Mary's blood and his blood,
or a liver malfunction,
or an enzyme deficiency,
or an abnormality of his red blood cells that causes them to break.

Poor guy.

Kemosloby

Premium Member
Hmmm . . . Seems there are several possibilities: hyperbilirubinemia,
or internal bleeding (hemorrhage),
or an infection of the blood (sepsis),
or Other viral or bacterial infections,
or an incompatibility between Mary's blood and his blood,
or a liver malfunction,
or an enzyme deficiency,
or an abnormality of his red blood cells that causes them to break.

Poor guy.

or reading the paint by number schematics incorrectly.

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
5a282a19b937f.image.jpg

BELLEVILLE • “Why does Mary have a coffee in her hands [and is exposing her bra]?”

The question comes from an incredulous kindergartner from Notre Dame Academy standing eye-level with one unusual Nativity scene.

“That is our hipster Nativity,” says Monsignor John Myler, rector of the Cathedral of St. Peter in Belleville.

Myler points out the details to a group of students: There’s Mary and Joseph taking a selfie with baby Jesus in the manger, the three wise men on Segways carrying Amazon Prime boxes, and the “100 percent organic” cow eating gluten-free feed.

The Nativity is just one of about 60 that will be on display in the “Nativities From Around the World” exhibit at the Cathedral of St. Peter through Tuesday.

“Each culture and each time assimilates the story of the birth of Christ to itself,” said Myler, who oversees the display. “Not every Nativity set depicts the year 1 A.D. in Bethlehem. Some are in Renaissance clothing, some are in tribal clothing, and of course this year we have the hipsters. It’s the same idea.”

The Nativities come to the cathedral through a partnership with the University of Dayton’s Marian Library, which curates a collection of more than 3,500 Nativities from more than 100 countries.
source
Personally, I think it's delightful. ;)

I am feeling sorry for the baby now. Sniff.