• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

After tweeting about deporting illegal immigrants, teacher is fired

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I think she has a case to sue the school sky high.

Teachers each have a duty to report illegal situations and to see a school respond by firing her is short of mind-boggling.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
Sounds like an argument for pulling the Republican lever in 2020.

And I hope she sues and wins more than her salary would have ever paid.

Altfish

Veteran Member

Teachers each have a duty to report illegal situations and to see a school respond by firing her is short of mind-boggling.
Report her concerns - yes
Go public about them - no - at least not in the first instance.

For a teacher, she does seem quite dumb; she didn't seem to understand that she wasn't having a one on one with Trump.

Twilight Hue

Report her concerns - yes
Go public about them - no - at least not in the first instance.

For a teacher, she does seem quite dumb; she didn't seem to understand that she wasn't having a one on one with Trump.
The way it appears, the school administration would have ignored her concerns.

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member

Aye reporting illegal activity is the moral thing to do. All the lefties who are overly concerned with morality should support this moral woman. Oh wait they are the ones who got her fired.:eek:

It's almost like they say one thing, yet do another.:eek:

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Aye reporting illegal activity is the moral thing to do. All the lefties who are overly concerned with morality should support this moral woman. Oh wait they are the ones who got her fired.:eek:

It's almost like they say one thing, yet do another.:eek:
What does legality have to do with morality? I'm sure you can think of dozens of cases where the law abetted immoral acts.

Civil disobedience is sometimes a moral imperative.

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
What does legality have to do with morality?

If you see a wrong you should do something to fix it. In this case a teacher knew of a bunch of illegals, so she reported the crimes.

Civil disobedience is sometimes a moral imperative.

Illegally coming to a country, not paying taxes, and burdening the current citizens and taxpayers is not an imperative. It's people taking advantage of other people.

Sapiens

Polymathematician

The teacher was in violation of law since, the US Supreme Court has ruled that public schools must teach all children, regardless of their immigration status, and schools are prohibited, from asking about immigration status or reporting students or their family members.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Illegally coming to a country, not paying taxes, and burdening the current citizens and taxpayers is not an imperative. It's people taking advantage of other people.
Remind me again about your position on rich people cheating on their taxes.

Twilight Hue

The teacher was in violation of law since, the US Supreme Court has ruled that public schools must teach all children, regardless of their immigration status, and schools are prohibited, from asking about immigration status or reporting students or their family members.
I just wonder who penned that into law.

Twilight Hue

I suppose illegals pay school taxes?

Shaul

Premium Member
It is perfectly legal for anyone, including teachers, to report illegal immigrants to immigration authorities. It can also be done anonymously.

What this particular teacher did was another matter.

Twilight Hue

School taxes are quite often based upon properly taxes. If one rents or owns a home one pays property taxes, either directly or indirectly. So yes, odds are that illegals pay school taxes.
Oh I'm sure illegals file with the IRS that information for which they pay said taxes .

Very good. Had me worried for a minute.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
I just wonder who penned that into law.
A clue might be:
US Supreme Court

Personally, I am all about educating kids. I don't want to live in a world full of illiteracy. I have never been enrolled in the public schools or enrolled anybody in it. But I still support it, because I want every kid to get educated.

I know that isn't the Christian Capitalist attitude. But it is my interpretation of Secular Humanism. I don't care about Christian's or capitalist's opinions that children should only get education if they're "eligible".

In fact, it helps convince me that Christianity and Capitalism are rather evil.
Tom

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Oh I'm sure illegals file with the IRS that information for which they pay said taxes .

Very good. Had me worried for a minute.

You know that there are quite a few different taxes we pay, don't you? Low wage earners pay very very little if anything to the IRS. Sales taxes are automatic, gas tax, if one is not paid under the table social security is automatic. Heck even withholding is done for quite a few illegals. The taxes go into the system but they can't get a refund. Even those paid under the table contribute some to the IRS indirectly. If one pays someone under the table then those wages cannot be deducted as costs and a business owner has to pay taxes on them. It is a poor argument to say that illegals do not pay taxes since taxation is all but unavoidable at some level.