• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

After some thinking, I ask for your help :)

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
This year has been a rollercoaster of my life so to speak. Any my cultivation has not been good, that is also reason you guys have noticed my mood swings for some time. I just had to much going on, to watch my self and I lost control of my temper and way of responding in the forum, And yes that created a bit turbulent summer for me.

As I mention in an other thread, I am now focused again on better my self.

I know you guys don't know much about Falun Gong cultivation, and I am not asking you to do any guidance for me in my personal practice :)
but I do want some feedback on what i can do better within the forum :)
What has annoyed you most about me? You don't need to go crazy in your description :p but just say if I bothered you.

How can I become a better member on the forum?
I don't ask this questions to get attention, I ask because I feel I have not been the best I can be, and no I don't seek to be perfect :) just a better version.

Asking question to better one self can be beneficial:) but it can also punch you in the face :) and I do actually expect some of you to fire at me somewhat harder then others.
And I will not answer you back in a negative way. I will try to take it to me, to gain experience and wisdom of what I can do better.

So if you feel you want to tell me something it's ok to do it in this thread :)

And a note to moderators: if something really negative do come up, please do not stop this OP. Except for person attack that is not needed, I am ok to critique, since I have my self been a critique of others. But rules must of course be followed :)

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
This year has been a rollercoaster of my life so to speak. Any my cultivation has not been good, that is also reason you guys have noticed my mood swings for some time. I just had to much going on, to watch my self and I lost control of my temper and way of responding in the forum, And yes that created a bit turbulent summer for me.

I know you guys don't know much about Falun Gong cultivation, and I am not asking you to do any guidance for me in my personal practice :)
What has annoyed you most about me? You don't need to go crazy in your description :p but just say if I bothered you.

I don't ask this questions to get attention, I ask because I feel I have not been the best I can be, and no I don't seek to be perfect :) just a better version.

Asking question to better one self can be beneficial:) but it can also punch you in the face :) and I do actually expect some of you to fire at me somewhat harder then others.
And I will not answer you back in a negative way. I will try to take it to me, to gain experience and wisdom of what I can do better.

And a note to moderators: if something really negative do come up, please do not stop this OP. Except for person attack that is not needed, I am ok to critique, since I have my self been a critique of others. But rules must of course be followed :)

To be deadly honest, I never noticed anything about what you said, how, and what you do that annoyed me at all. I can count a few other people on my hands but I never think of you.

I can't think of good advice for you since I never experienced anything annoying, but in general I think we can all benefit from stepping away from the screen and taking a breather. Other times I think we can benefit in choosing threads we want to reply to and disregard the ones we don't. But any specific suggestions for you, I don't know.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
To be deadly honest, I never noticed anything about what you said, how, and what you do that annoyed me at all. I can count a few other people on my hands but I never think of you.

I can't think of good advice for you since I never experienced anything annoying, but in general I think we can all benefit from stepping away from the screen and taking a breather. Other times I think we can benefit in choosing threads we want to reply to and disregard the ones we don't. But any specific suggestions for you, I don't know.
Thank you for your feedback :)

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

Don't be so hard on yourself, my view is you are an ok guy on this forum. You contribute good, thought provoking comment, what more can you ask of yourself? Yes we have disagreed on spiritual matters, we have also agreed on lots of other stuff, that's life.

No need to change, just be yourself, it's what everyone does best

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member

I won't judge you, but perhaps I'll offer a bit of Toltec Wisdom from a fellow named Don Miguel Ruiz that helped me many years ago.
  • Be impeccable with your word. - Speak with integrity. Say only what you mean. Avoid using the Word to speak against yourself or to gossip about others. Use the power of your Word in the direction of truth and love.
  • Don't take anything personally. - Nothing others do is because of you. What others say and do is a projection of their own reality, their own dream. When you are immune to the opinions and actions of others, you won’t be the victim of needless suffering.
  • Don't make assumptions. - Find the courage to ask questions and to express what you really want. Communicate with others as clearly as you can to avoid misunderstandings, sadness and drama. With just this one agreement, you can completely transform your life.
  • Always do your best. - Your best is going to change from moment to moment; it will be different when you are healthy as opposed to sick. Under any circumstance, simply do your best, and you will avoid self-judgment, self-abuse, and regret.
Aside from that, I'll do me; you do you. :)

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I won't judge you, but perhaps I'll offer a bit of Toltec Wisdom from a fellow named Don Miguel Ruiz that helped me many years ago.
  • Be impeccable with your word. - Speak with integrity. Say only what you mean. Avoid using the Word to speak against yourself or to gossip about others. Use the power of your Word in the direction of truth and love.
  • Don't take anything personally. - Nothing others do is because of you. What others say and do is a projection of their own reality, their own dream. When you are immune to the opinions and actions of others, you won’t be the victim of needless suffering.
  • Don't make assumptions. - Find the courage to ask questions and to express what you really want. Communicate with others as clearly as you can to avoid misunderstandings, sadness and drama. With just this one agreement, you can completely transform your life.
  • Always do your best. - Your best is going to change from moment to moment; it will be different when you are healthy as opposed to sick. Under any circumstance, simply do your best, and you will avoid self-judgment, self-abuse, and regret.
Aside from that, I'll do me; you do you. :)
Thank you for those wise words @SalixIncendium

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
I do want some feedback on what i can do better within the forum :)
Like you, I have been ca. 2 years on RF now. And I really appreciate the people here. A good place to learn. Like stones rubbing against each other becoming diamonds. That's how I experience RF myself.

In a few threads you mentioned that you saw so much negativity on RF

But you also mentioned recently that you achieved a huge gain in the last 1.5 year (so while being intensely active on RF). To me it seems obvious that RF has helped you a lot in your personal growth, esp. what you mentioned "interacting with others".

So this sounded that the net gain has been very positive for you (as well as for me). Maybe you would not have learned so much, if there was less negativity. What do you think?

My Master is "horrible" in this. He always said:
"Whenever there is a group coming together in my name, and the group is doing very well, all peace and happiness, I will send someone to stirr things up, just to check how their equanimity is. And when they succeed, then I will send up a married couple to stir things up."

Seems that for learning quick, this "black/white" thing is needed. Knowing this, and being aware of this need and positive after effect, makes it a lot easier to digest negativity when it happens to me.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Like you, I have been ca. 2 years on RF now. And I really appreciate the people here. A good place to learn. Like stones rubbing against each other becoming diamonds. That's how I experience RF myself.

In a few threads you mentioned that you saw so much negativity on RF

But you also mentioned recently that you achieved a huge gain in the last 1.5 year (so while being intensely active on RF). To me it seems obvious that RF has helped you a lot in your personal growth, esp. what you mentioned "interacting with others".

So this sounded that the net gain has been very positive for you (as well as for me). Maybe you would not have learned so much, if there was less negativity. What do you think?

My Master is "horrible" in this. He always said:

Seems that for learning quick, this "black/white" thing is needed. Knowing this, and being aware of this need and positive after effect, makes it a lot easier to digest negativity when it happens to me.
Thank you @stvdv yes RF has taught me much about ineraction with other people. I am normally a loner who like silence and calm water so to speak.
In RF I get my values and belief tested almost every day, and that is good.
But it's the time when am down on energy and struggle in life where my weakness come forth. And iI become negative in my mind.
To me that is frustrating, and when someone the send me an answer that trigger me, I do the fault of letting frustration grip me and it lead to suffering both for me, and for the one who I let my frustration on to.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
@Amanaki I experience that you are very hard on yourself. You are not on the 'rogues gallery' of people I want to have do better on RF.

We all have times when we look at something and think "I could/should have responded better." And we can all learn from those moments. But you don't need to worry about negative perception from me at least.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
@Amanaki I experience that you are very hard on yourself. You are not on the 'rogues gallery' of people I want to have do better on RF.

We all have times when we look at something and think "I could/should have responded better." And we can all learn from those moments. But you don't need to worry about negative perception from me at least.
Thank you @sun rise

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Usually those of us who are wondering if we are doing something wrong are not the ones doing anything wrong, because the mere fact that we can see that we might be doing something wrong shows that we can see our own faults.

The people who are actually doing something wrong are those people who play on our bold honesty and try to turn it around to their advantage by twisting what we say and lying about us. But fear not, as most people on this forum are good people so they don't attack other people simply to gain ground for themselves. Only people with a serious ego problem accuse others of having an ego problem; it's called Psychological projection and it can be spotted by good people a mile away, although those who are projecting have no idea they are doing so... In their mind, it is ALWAYS someone else who is at fault, so even after you have provided evidence that they are wrong about what they claim about you, they STILL won't admit they are wrong because it is too much of a blow to their ego. What a sad way to live. :( I would much rather be like you. :)

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Usually those of us who are wondering if we are doing something wrong are not the ones doing anything wrong, because the mere fact that we can see that we might be doing something wrong shows that we can see our own faults.

The people who are actually doing something wrong are those people who play on our bold honesty and try to turn it around to their advantage by twisting what we say and lying about us. But fear not, as most people on this forum are good people so they don't attack other people simply to gain ground for themselves. Only people with a serious ego problem accuse others of having an ego problem; it's called Psychological projection and it can be spotted by good people a mile away, although those who are projecting have no idea they are doing so... In their mind, it is ALWAYS someone else who is at fault, so even after you have provided evidence that they are wrong about what they claim about you, they STILL won't admit they are wrong because it is too much of a blow to their ego. What a sad way to live. :( I would much rather be like you. :)
Thank you for your replay @Trailblazer :)
The reason I feel I do not reach the standard is because I know how little is needed to "fall" off the spiritual awakening. I know how steady one must cultivate our mind and body. But yes I also know the path I have chosen is very narrow and strict :)
And I haven't done my best :)

Amanaki has become lazy :oops: