• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Adam and Eve

Dan From Smithville

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Staff member
Premium Member
When your post disagrees with Scripture, so I wonder how could one be Christian and Not believe Scripture_____
We don't know about before the formation of Adam, but that Adam was formed a little more than 6,000 years ago.
We do not know that Adam was formed 6,000 years ago either. We do not know if Adam was a real person. There is no criteria that says a Christian has to view the Bible literally. They are still Christian. Just not Christians in your view perhaps. But your opinion has no relevance in determining validity of another's beliefs and relationship with God.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
I would not mind believing in Allah if you would give me some verifiable evidence of his existence. "Don't you see there is a moon or there is a sun" or that "We have rent the moon in two" does not verify any God or Allah. Moon is one piece. God of Gaps.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I would not mind believing in Allah if you would give me some verifiable evidence of his existence.
You know just as well as I do that Allah do not show him self just because we ask for proof.

The proof is our ability to have faith in his teaching, and gaining our own understanding of Allah, the more we realize the more clearly we see.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
You know just as well as I do that Allah do not show him self just because we ask for proof.
No. I do not know. In my life of 78 years I have never found any evidence of Allah (or any God or Bhagwan) or his / their works. And if he does not show up, I would ask why? Why does he want to prolong the diabolical debate as to this messenger is correct or that? What "zalzala" (earthquake, catastrophe) would happen if he were to show up?
The proof is our ability to have faith in his teaching, and gaining our own understanding of Allah, the more we realize the more clearly we see.
You have recently acquired your faith in Mohammad's teaching, I have not. So, someone having a faith is no proof of Allah. Millions who have read Quran or Bible have no faith in what these books teach.

GardenLady

You disbelieve God's words and still claim to be a Christian?

Literalist interpretation is not the only option. Truths are told in myth and parable. Scripture tells us that God created the universe and all life. That humans chose self-will over God's will and separated ourselves from him, and that he's been trying to get us to return to relationship with him ever since. That does not exclude evolution and deep time.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
That there are so many gods, and so many willing to believe in them suggests humans are not comfortable being on their own.
More people than ever are now comfortable, not just comfortable but even happy, being on their own.

All the Abrahamic religions have some teaching about Adam and Eve (as far as i know)

The question is, is Adam and Eve the true names of the very first human beings? or is that something that come later?

If they were the first humanoids on earth, do they not predate Homosapiens too?
Where they actually a different form of humans?

You have to remember Gen 1 you have "and god" aka the angels made the ones we know came from Lucy
Gen 2 you have " the Lord God" FORM Aduh (Adam's paleo-hebrewic name) from the dust of the ground in Eden which was in a dimension parallel to this platform we call earth

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
I am curious, since you are here (we all have Earth in common) without birth how is one born or come to be on Earth.
Interesting point. Missed not replying to it, got busy in something else, though I wanted to reply.
"Me", "I" is the name of a working machine. When the machine stops working, there is no "Me" or "I". Nothing remains of "Me" or "I".
What remains of the machine is scrap, bury it, burn it, nature will (chemically) recycle it. "Me" or "I" are nothing permanent. They are created by evolution in mind to safe-guard sustain the machine till that can be done.

We (all living forms), essentially, are a bunch of molecules which act in cohesion. Evolution has designed compulsions for the seeds of these forms to come together and grow. Natures purpose is served when these forms have given rise to their young. in many species, the males die immediately after impregnating their females (some are even eaten up by the females) or after females release the eggs or young from their womb (as the salmon do).

We term this process as birth and death. However, at birth, no new atom or molecule is created; or at death, no old atom or molecule is destroyed. "We" are a creation of our brain.

"Except for a few primitive organisms such as sponges (which have no nervous system) and cnidarians (which have a nervous system consisting of a diffuse nerve net), all living multicellular animals are bilaterians, meaning animals with a bilaterally symmetric body shape (that is, left and right sides that are approximate mirror images of each other). All bilaterians are thought to have descended from a common ancestor that appeared early in the Cambrian period, 485-540 million years ago, and it has been hypothesized that this common ancestor had the shape of a simple tubeworm with a segmented body. At a schematic level, that basic worm-shape continues to be reflected in the body and nervous system architecture of all modern bilaterians, including vertebrates. The fundamental bilateral body form is a tube with a hollow gut cavity running from the mouth to the anus, and a nerve cord with an enlargement (a ganglion) for each body segment, with an especially large ganglion at the front, called the brain. The brain is small and simple in some species, such as nematode worms; in other species, including vertebrates, it is the most complex organ in the body. Some types of worms, such as leeches, also have an enlarged ganglion at the back end of the nerve cord, known as a "tail brain"."
Brain - Wikipedia

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
I seek the answer through spirirual practice, to me spirirual truth is the real truth.
What is spirit? Ethyl spirit or methylated spirit? :D

379-3791499_custom-labels-for-your-wine-or-spirit-wines.png

danieldemol

Premium Member
I am not seeing personally any reason why i should believe in science that can not lead me to Allah. The only thing i am interested in, in this life is to come closer to Allah, and that science can not help me with.
Well it is your assumption that knowledge of material things cannot bring you closer to Allah, but many great benefits and distinguished services to humanity are brought about through knowledge of material things, to assume knowledge of material things will not bring you closer to Allah would be to assume that service to humanity would not bring you closer to Allah in my opinion.

Besides, the hadith attributed to Muhammad says, "Seeking knowledge is a duty upon every Muslim" 1

1 The Book of the Sunnah - كتاب المقدمة - Sunnah.com - Sayings and Teachings of Prophet Muhammad (صلى الله عليه و سلم)

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Well it is your assumption that knowledge of material things cannot bring you closer to Allah, but many great benefits and distinguished services to humanity are brought about through knowledge of material things, to assume knowledge of material things will not bring you closer to Allah would be to assume that service to humanity would not bring you closer to Allah in my opinion.

Besides, the hadith attributed to Muhammad says, "Seeking knowledge is a duty upon every Muslim" 1

1 The Book of the Sunnah - كتاب المقدمة - Sunnah.com - Sayings and Teachings of Prophet Muhammad (صلى الله عليه و سلم)
I believe i do seek wisdom and knowledge as Muhammad would approve of

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
we have hierarchy
I like it cause I am on top of that
(here in this life)

and we bridle horses and break them
that they take us wherever we want to go

dogs hunt packs at will
but we take the animal and collar it.....chain it
take it's freedom
forbid that it bites the and that feeds him
and we expect loyalty

we cage birds for their love songs
but that creature will never find the mate he sings for
there will be no nest ....no eggs....no offspring
and he will die in confined solitude

we kill bugs
just cause we don't like them

we do unto lesser things.....at will

and we do unto others......likewise

wait til you meet the Hierarchy of heaven

or hell
So might makes right? We're better than other animals 'cause we're able to dominate them? That's a pretty arrogant system of morals, IMHO.
That would justify slavery, exterminating Jews and imperialism. It seems very un-Christian.

Last edited:

Thief

Rogue Theologian
So might makes right? We're better than other animals 'cause we're able to dominate them? That's a pretty arrogant system of morals, IMHO.
That would justify slavery, exterminating Jews and imperialism. It seems very un-Christian.
what do you think will happen?
if the Carpenter really does return