• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Actors or Actresses you cant stand

Brickjectivity

System Override
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't believe any of the relationship crap about movie stars. Its mostly all fake stuff. They have real lives hidden behind the tabloid ones, so don't worry about Emma. Even if her tabloid life is real now, one day her real and tabloid lives can diverge. Its not very complicated and just requires money and perhaps a court order. Its easy for a judge to take care of and Bang, Emma suddenly has two identities.

Amechania

Daimona of the Helpless
I do. But, then, it might be my age. I grew up on Sandler and a particular brand of ridiculousness on SNL.

But, then, my husband thinks he's a dork.

I did like Sandler in "Spanglish" because all he played was a dork, and "50 First Dates" his character was likeable if obnoxious. Anyone else could have played those roles as well or better, IMO. I disagree with your husband, WADR. Adam Sandler is an over-the-top, crass, vulgar ******* with anger issues that makes Will Farrell seem like Cary Grant.

illykitty

RF's pet cat
Really? The "sleeping her way to the top" trope? On behalf of RF feminists, I feel compelled to slap you :slap:

Sometimes actors audition well then turn out to suck. Or they really, really look the part and their crappy acting gets overlooked.

But yeah, her acting kind of sucks.

Well how else did she get the parts, she's terrible! And it actually has happened. Not like my claim is not entirely baseless.

How is this anti-feminist, are you joking? I would say the same if a guy did it. :shrug: I think you're overreacting. As if it never happens irl! :rolleyes:

Now I'm compelled to slap you. :tuna:

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
Really? The "sleeping her way to the top" trope? On behalf of RF feminists, I feel compelled to slap you :slap:

Sometimes actors audition well then turn out to suck. Or they really, really look the part and their crappy acting gets overlooked.

And sometimes people actually screw other people to get roles, jobs, promotions, etc. Of course, I don't really know who would want to sleep with her, but some of these old movie executives have really creepy and perverted fetishes.

Maldini

George Clooney, a one trick pony who knows nothing about acting, getting so much respect for his activities and his extremely good looks.

Brickjectivity

System Override
Staff member
Premium Member
Actors certainly don't deserve their good looks, and they don't even go to the gym. They pay other people to work out for them! Nobody knows how they transfer the exercise, but they definitely do.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
Actors certainly don't deserve their good looks, and they don't even go to the gym. They pay other people to work out for them! Nobody knows how they transfer the exercise, but they definitely do.

I heard that they also use the transfer method to have other people defecate for them. They get to eat delicious food, but don't have to degrade themselves by making poo-poo.

gnostic

The Lost One
I find that most of current crop of comedians you would or could see in cinema to be annoying - Will Ferrell, Jimmy Carrey, Ben Stiller, Adam Sandler, Steve Carell, Jack Black.

None of them are funny, and none of them are good actors, so I don't why anyone who would pay money to see them in cinema or on DVDs.

Erebus

I don't know if this counts as he's really more of a presenter/comedian, but Harry Hill irritates the hell out of me. Everything he does to be funny makes me cringe and he never shuts up. There's a show in the UK called "You've been framed" it's basically just collections of funny home videos. Since Harry Hill started presenting, I can't watch it anymore. He talks constantly through every single video. Half the time he actually tells you what's about to happen and why it's funny.

As I say, not certain he counts though. As for real actors and actresses I genuinely don't know of anybody I can't stand. I suppose I'm not a fan of Jack Black's acting, but I quite like the guy himself. Even legitimately bad actors/actresses like your Kristen Stewarts don't especially bother me, I just don't watch the films they're in.

Town Heretic

Temporarily out of order
Sandler. Happy Gilmore was genuinely funny. The Wedding Singer had charm. Punch Drunk Love was terrific and he tried with Reign Over Me...but then came the second act and a string of self indulgent horrors that have, cumulatively, tolled the statute of limitations on respecting him for his earlier work.

Yerda

Veteran Member
Will Ferrel and Andie Macdowell. They can ruin a film for me. I don't even know why, I just can't stand the sight of them.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Ben Stiller, Hayden Christensen, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Seth Rogan, James Franco, Dane Cook, Adam Sandler, I know there's more, but I dislike them so much I can't remember them.