• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

accepting people into the dir

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
I'm curious what "dogma" you've seen, St. Frank. Setians haven't come around for a while :cool:

Infinitum

Possessed Bookworm
Personally I view patience as one of the LHP virtues. It's pretty obvious that we'll lever agree with each other completely, but the language of that disagreement has in my experience became a lot sharper over the past year or so. As a group we're very concerned about "posers", or whatever else we call those who call themselves LHP but who (in our perception) aren't. Sure people like these can be a real issue, but just as often it can turn into a heated dispute between two people who are both very serious about their own practice. I don't (usually) even care about who's right or wrong, but I do care about what it does to the otherwise perhaps enlightening conversations. The best learning experiences I've had about my own path has been when I've been having in-depth discussions with someone who doesn't agree with me.

So from my perspective the main question is what benefits me the most. I'd imagine most of you agree that threads derailing into yes-no-battles benefits no one. My suggestion is we start focusing on our own things instead of spending so much effort on what others believe. (And no, this does not mean I'm telling you to ignore people who come here telling that Satanism is the literal worship of the Christian Devil or similar major issues. You get the idea.)

Mindmaster

Premium Member
Debates are pretty much standard fair here -- it's just impossible to avoid them. I think the admins have decided that unless the regulars have a problem they don't have one. =)

I haven't got any problem with differing beliefs just their preaching here (for people whom aren't of LHP paths). They have forums to do that with. I'm happy to debate any subject with an informative direction. There is debating to find the truth and debating to troll people. I'm all good with the first case. I am merely thankful that I haven't got banned in all this time. I certainly know how to fire up the coals... I try to quench that with the depth of content, but I have failed at least once. =)

People over-think the whole LHP thing. Are you on it? Are you going to be on it? Do you need to be on it? I hate to put age as a factor, but it remains true that until you get a few grey curlies you're probably still in the investigative stage of all this. I've had my own ups and downs with this sometimes taking years off of it and then coming back. I tend to the garden as needed -- otherwise I just wing it. =) I hit plateaus whether nothing seems to change for years, and then an 'a-ha' moment arises and great progress is made.

All of these definitions are largely useless if they cannot be manifested into a usable tool set. There are some silly things to argue about -- like Setians vs Luciferians vs Theistic Satanism. Other than some flavor and personal preference there is much more similar between them than different. Most of the practices are the same... etc. I think the LHP spends far too much time quibbling over the label when it's a minor thing. Do Lutheran's and Catholics believe in the same god? Esh, if anything... that is the worst part of the LHP community -- getting distracted over the shiny bits.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Mmmmmmmmmmmm......
images

RHP types should note how Beelzebub is family friendly.

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
I suppose it may just be me looking at it from an elitist point of view - believing the Left Hand Path is spoiled once it hits others, and not to mention I believe that only a select group of people actually can be meaningfully classified as so.
Why do you think that is so. like what is the cause./

Maybe it is just a natural challenge that arises due to the very nature of the LHP?

It is after all individualistic in nature (or so I understand it). It is reasonable to expect a harder time attaining good social interactions; that is simply not your focus (again, as I understand it).

Uh, that was not a question. Sorry. What about "how much sense does that what I just said make to you? Talk your heart."
I would nominally agree with your statements

Well if you notice, even the admins allow more stuff to slide than they used to - remember a few years back when there was constant struggle with the rules and we pretty much had to figure out tons of stuff (like the Luciferian overview)? It's the nature of the path. The forum is an education forum, why would we want it showing a picture of the LHP where everyone agrees and skips into the sunset?

I'm curious what "dogma" you've seen, St. Frank. Setians haven't come around for a while :cool:
isn't this a bit dogmatic or at least biased.

Personally I view patience as one of the LHP virtues. It's pretty obvious that we'll lever agree with each other completely, but the language of that disagreement has in my experience became a lot sharper over the past year or so. As a group we're very concerned about "posers", or whatever else we call those who call themselves LHP but who (in our perception) aren't. Sure people like these can be a real issue, but just as often it can turn into a heated dispute between two people who are both very serious about their own practice. I don't (usually) even care about who's right or wrong, but I do care about what it does to the otherwise perhaps enlightening conversations. The best learning experiences I've had about my own path has been when I've been having in-depth discussions with someone who doesn't agree with me.

So from my perspective the main question is what benefits me the most. I'd imagine most of you agree that threads derailing into yes-no-battles benefits no one. My suggestion is we start focusing on our own things instead of spending so much effort on what others believe. (And no, this does not mean I'm telling you to ignore people who come here telling that Satanism is the literal worship of the Christian Devil or similar major issues. You get the idea.)
In regards to posers, thats my question. How are we deciding who is who? IWhy? That being said I know I am guilty of this too. Just a few weeks ago if I remember correctly. Their seems to be no ryhme or reason.

I have noticed we get to bogged down with meaningless crap. blah blh blah kind of ****. Itsn just words. its just symbols. They are not truth, especially her in general section of the DIR> I think we need a redirection for out conversations. Like Mindmaster said distracted by the shiny bits.

Last edited:

Infinitum

Possessed Bookworm
I'll take the risk of sounding horribly pessimistic and get something said here. It's good that we talk about the issue and agree that the current situation is no good, but that's just that - talk. I think we've covered the most common issues in the thread and there are surely some good suggestions on how to fix it. But the truth is we've talked about this before and nothing has changed so far. Being the herd of cats we are we all need to individually think of something we're going to do to improve our own satisfaction with the DIR or nothing is going to happen despite all the talk.

Iti oj

Premium Member
I'll take the risk of sounding horribly pessimistic and get something said here. It's good that we talk about the issue and agree that the current situation is no good, but that's just that - talk. I think we've covered the most common issues in the thread and there are surely some good suggestions on how to fix it. But the truth is we've talked about this before and nothing has changed so far. Being the herd of cats we are we all need to individually think of something we're going to do to improve our own satisfaction with the DIR or nothing is going to happen despite all the talk.

Calling for action is not pessimistic nor is being realistic. I have an idea on what I can do. Do you?

Infinitum

Possessed Bookworm
Calling for action is not pessimistic nor is being realistic. I have an idea on what I can do. Do you?
I was planning on trying to bring my comment in somewhat more to the DIR to provide some diversity to the posters. I also had some idea about an info sticky here at some point, but for the moment I've forgotten what my plan was exactly. :D

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
The fact that we talk at all is pretty fascinating to me.

Iti oj

Premium Member
Where else do you see people so radically individual and with such drastically different views sharing ideas?

Everyday life? I see your point. Personally I see similarities before differences. It seems we get lost in the blah blah blah