• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

accepting people into the dir

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
Why do we chase of some people awaynand accept others?
i h ave also noticed some people are more or less accepting then others. I know i fall more into the universalist camp. Why was i so readily accepted into the dir?(seriously I have been wondering since day one) Why did you join the dir? how was you experience in joining the dir? Is revolt really the dark lord of bacon? i demmand an answer to each and every question!! :slap:

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I don't really care anymore. I'm pretty annoyed with this DIR lately. There's debates and flame wars going on but this is a blue DIR so that's not supposed to be happening. But people don't care and do as they please. I don't care. We can't even agree on what the Left-Hand Path is or means, anyway.

Last edited:

Iti oj

Premium Member
I don't really care anymore. I'm pretty annoyed with this DIR lately. There's debates and flame wars going on but this is a blue DIR so that's not supposed to be happening. But people don't care and do as they please. I don't care.
what do you expect? We are who we are. There are no right answers. I think the dir needs more iti group hugs. like the good old days.

Iti oj

Premium Member
I don't expect much of anything from the LHP scene anymore. Nothing good, anyway.
Why? You clearly demonstrate the philosophies well. You clearly represent your self well. Personally I don't post here often because of a lack of commonality, but i love this dir and its members. How ever your post makes me want to be more active to restore the lhp good name.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Why? You clearly demonstrate the philosophies well. You clearly represent your self well. Personally I don't post here often because of a lack of commonality, but i love this dir and its members.

Oh, it's not me. It's the other people who are annoying me lately. This place has been acting as bad as the Hinduism DIR lately, with all the dogmatic bickering. I'm just fine having my own beliefs about it.

Iti oj

Premium Member
Oh, it's not me. It's the other people who are annoying me lately. This place has been acting as bad as the Hinduism DIR lately, with all the dogmatic bickering. I'm just fine having my own beliefs about it.
Tray LHP man. haha. Whats there to talk about between us as lhp practitioners?

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
Why do we chase of some people awaynand accept others?
i h ave also noticed some people are more or less accepting then others. I know i fall more into the universalist camp. Why was i so readily accepted into the dir?(seriously I have been wondering since day one) Why did you join the dir? how was you experience in joining the dir? Is revolt really the dark lord of bacon? i demmand an answer to each and every question!! :slap:

I think LHP philosophy is sort of aggressive in nature. The levels of aggression can vary - for example I never really seen you flip out on anyone, while I have seen some (that will go unnamed in case that would be taken offensively) who will let in challenges but aggressively respond to them.

Not that it's a bad thing, what do you expect from someone who is part of a group that is highly misunderstood by many, and along comes questions that have been repeated over and over again, the questions themselves making the group seem like what it isn't. It's something to do with patience, but currently I can see how someone will become impatient, realizing that these questions will keep coming. That's the point of opposition - the antagonist of mainstream man, its always going to be misunderstood simply because it's a minority, and minority seems to be an important factor of it.

Revolt is definitely the dark lord of bacon - as bacon is better burnt :D

Iti oj

Premium Member
I think LHP philosophy is sort of aggressive in nature. The levels of aggression can vary - for example I never really seen you flip out on anyone, while I have seen some (that will go unnamed in case that would be taken offensively) who will let in challenges but aggressively respond to them.

Not that it's a bad thing, what do you expect from someone who is part of a group that is highly misunderstood by many, and along comes questions that have been repeated over and over again, the questions themselves making the group seem like what it isn't. It's something to do with patience, but currently I can see how someone will become impatient, realizing that these questions will keep coming. That's the point of opposition - the antagonist of mainstream man, its always going to be misunderstood simply because it's a minority, and minority seems to be an important factor of it.
es.

Revolt is definitely the dark lord of bacon - as bacon is better burnt :D
Why do you say antagonize, I feel push or challenge would be a better word choice for me. As a luciferian I feel a desire to challenge people to better themselves.

The Sum of Awe

Why do you say antagonize, I feel push or challenge would be a better word choice for me. As a luciferian I feel a desire to challenge people to better themselves.

I suppose it may just be me looking at it from an elitist point of view - believing the Left Hand Path is spoiled once it hits others, and not to mention I believe that only a select group of people actually can be meaningfully classified as so.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Maybe it is just a natural challenge that arises due to the very nature of the LHP?

It is after all individualistic in nature (or so I understand it). It is reasonable to expect a harder time attaining good social interactions; that is simply not your focus (again, as I understand it).

Uh, that was not a question. Sorry. What about "how much sense does that what I just said make to you? Talk your heart."

The Sum of Awe

Maybe it is just a natural challenge that arises due to the very nature of the LHP?

It is after all individualistic in nature (or so I understand it). It is reasonable to expect a harder time attaining good social interactions; that is simply not your focus (again, as I understand it).

Uh, that was not a question. Sorry. What about "how much sense does that what I just said make to you? Talk your heart."

Yup, that's another thing. It's very individualistic. And when questions come around, you have put a little effort into answering them while also learning things for yourself. It's usually not a problem unless those questions are always repeated in an annoying cycle, or if those questions turn into debates.

It's like... are you really debating something meant to be solitary?

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member

If you can't handle differing opinions I can certainly see why the DIR would be stressful.

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
Well if you notice, even the admins allow more stuff to slide than they used to - remember a few years back when there was constant struggle with the rules and we pretty much had to figure out tons of stuff (like the Luciferian overview)? It's the nature of the path. The forum is an education forum, why would we want it showing a picture of the LHP where everyone agrees and skips into the sunset?