• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Absolute Truth

Flat Earth Kyle

I believe that absolute truth has no hiccups and everything makes sense, but when something is not absolutely true there will always be a hidden hiccup or contradiction that conflicts with another teaching. With this being so, I believe though it isn't easy, it is possible to disprove false teachings and find the true ones. I do not believe there is such thing as a perfect lie. This makes it very much worth my time to investigate other religions even though I believe I have found the true one. One it challenges my beliefs and helps me to fortify my testimony, it helps me have a hope for helping others out of the snares of their own deception.

Another thing I believe about absolute truth is all truth is connected in some way or another. With this being so pieces of truth can be found in all places.
It is absolute truth that scientists seek after so they can understand the way the world works around them. If absolute truth did not exist the entire idea of science would be completely pointless and a waste of time.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
I believe that absolute truth has no hiccups and everything makes sense, but when something is not absolutely true there will always be a hidden hiccup or contradiction that conflicts with another teaching. With this being so, I believe though it isn't easy, it is possible to disprove false teachings and find the true ones. I do not believe there is such thing as a perfect lie. This makes it very much worth my time to investigate other religions even though I believe I have found the true one. One it challenges my beliefs and helps me to fortify my testimony, it helps me have a hope for helping others out of the snares of their own deception.

Another thing I believe about absolute truth is all truth is connected in some way or another. With this being so pieces of truth can be found in all places.
It is absolute truth that scientists seek after so they can understand the way the world works around them. If absolute truth did not exist the entire idea of science would be completely pointless and a waste of time.

Happen to love science.....a lot!

In recent decades efforts to speak of science in the absolute....are fading.
It seems the more the effort to be sure....the more the variables say 'nay'.

Absolute truth?
More like decision with conviction.

Flat Earth Kyle

Happen to love science.....a lot!

In recent decades efforts to speak of science in the absolute....are fading.
It seems the more the effort to be sure....the more the variables say 'nay'.

Absolute truth?
More like decision with conviction.

I feel like what they are finding is the pixels within the pixels. What they previously predicative goes a lot deeper than they first realized, the question is, is there a foundation at the heart of it all that all things a built upon? I believe there is and that foundation is absolute truth.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
I feel like what they are finding is the pixels within the pixels. What they previously predicative goes a lot deeper than they first realized, the question is, is there a foundation at the heart of it all that all things a built upon? I believe there is and that foundation is absolute truth.

I use the singularity as that pivot 'point'.

BruceDLimber

I believe that absolute truth has no hiccups and everything makes sense, but when something is not absolutely true there will always be a hidden hiccup or contradiction that conflicts with another teaching.

Save that IOV truth for all of us is relative, as the Baha'i scriptures state:

"Such an existence is a contingent and not an absolute existence, inasmuch as the former is preceded by a cause, whilst the latter is independent thereof. Absolute existence is strictly confined to God, exalted be His glory. Well is it with them that apprehend this truth."
Gleanings, LXXXI, p. 187

Peace, :)

Bruce

Last edited:

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I suspect that particular foundation has long since passed and dissipated. Absolute truth is present each moment, and "lasts as long" as that. No requirement or need to seek such a source, as the "heart" of it all, is reflected as a result of dynamics and fluidity that is manifested each experience.

Flat Earth Kyle

I suspect that particular foundation has long since passed and dissipated. Absolute truth is present each moment, and "lasts as long" as that. No requirement or need to seek such a source, as the "heart" of it all, is reflected as a result of dynamics and fluidity that is manifested each experience.

Absolute Truth may be all around us continually, but that does not mean that we understand it. As I said before, that is the whole idea of science, the search for and investigation of absolute truth.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Absolute Truth may be all around us continually, but that does not mean that we understand it. As I said before, that is the whole idea of science, the search for and investigation of absolute truth.

I think you lack understanding of what science is and does. In science everything must be open to question. Scientific "truth" is not absolute, it is provisional. It is true provided the evidence supports it, provided no other answer works better etc. If something becomes "absolute", it is no longer science. It is dogma.

Twilight Hue

fantôme profane;3270905 said:
I think you lack understanding of what science is and does. In science everything must be open to question. Scientific "truth" is not absolute, it is provisional. It is true provided the evidence supports it, provided no other answer works better etc. If something becomes "absolute", it is no longer science. It is dogma.
And truth remains dynamic, an ever changing flux. Science can only observe what is presented at any givin time and adjust accordingly.

Flat Earth Kyle

And truth remains dynamic, an ever changing flux. Science can only observe what is presented at any givin time and adjust accordingly.

So today 1+1 = 2 but tomorrow 1+1 might equal 12.

Today The earth's gravity attracts, and tomorrow it is going to send all of us flying into space.

Today fire emits light and tomorrow fire might just create darkness.

According to you there is no law and order in the Universe and all is total chaos.
I greatly disagree.

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
My perspective is that the absolute truth must be so complex that without the highest knowledge and wisdom, one would not necessarily recognise it.

Flat Earth Kyle

My perspective is that the absolute truth must be so complex that without the highest knowledge and wisdom, one would not necessarily recognise it.

How about this as an easily recognizable absolute truth.
"If ye shall say there is no law, ye shall also say there is no sin. If ye shall say there is no sin, ye shall also say there is no righteousness. And if there be no righteousness there be no happiness. And if there be no righteousness nor happiness there be no punishment nor misery." ~ Lehi

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
How about this as an easily recognizable absolute truth.
"If ye shall say there is no law, ye shall also say there is no sin. If ye shall say there is no sin, ye shall also say there is no righteousness. And if there be no righteousness there be no happiness. And if there be no righteousness nor happiness there be no punishment nor misery." ~ Lehi

Even this is a simplistic vision of a much more complex philosophy.

In addition to the fact that the quote could be interpreted in multiple ways.

Twilight Hue

So today 1+1 = 2 but tomorrow 1+1 might equal 12.

Today The earth's gravity attracts, and tomorrow it is going to send all of us flying into space.

Today fire emits light and tomorrow fire might just create darkness.

According to you there is no law and order in the Universe and all is total chaos.
I greatly disagree.
The portrayal is an unrealistic snapshot in stone suggesting the universe is static and unchanging in clear view that it's not the case.

Im not talking about laws of science, but rather the influences that varies the result.

Numbers change with new information, Earths gravity fluctuates, and it's effectiveness will radically change either with a stellar collision or it get engulfed by the sun once the hydrogen is used up. Fire actually dosent give off light. It's the heated carbon molecules that are thrown off as the result of the chemical reaction.

The point is there is nothing constant that can be pointed out due to consistent change that " eliminates" whatever is viewed as permanent which is why there is no heart of actual reality.

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
Firstly, is 'law' referring to governmental, God-given or the laws governing the existence and operation of the universe?

If it refers to either governmental or God-given, then I simply disagree with the statement. Joys and miseries are still experienced without social laws.

If we are talking about the laws of science, then the statement is pointless, because without the laws there would be no existence and therefore no sin, righteousness, pain or pleasure.

My interpretation is, if there are no objective laws of social and personal conduct, there can be no truth to the concepts of 'good' and 'bad'. Things simply are what they are and how we view them is quite subjective. In the same sense, our experiences of misery and happiness are also purely subjective. Just as sin and righteousness are illusory, so are happiness and distress. I actually believe this.

Another person's interpretation might be that God has provided laws and our happiness and distress are based on how we follow them. Somehow, if those laws did not exist, we would not be able to experience either happiness or misery.

Flat Earth Kyle

The portrayal is an unrealistic snapshot in stone suggesting the universe is static and unchanging in clear view that it's not the case.

Im not talking about laws of science, but rather the influences that varies the result.

Numbers change with new information, Earths gravity fluctuates, and it's effectiveness will radically change either with a stellar collision or it get engulfed by the sun once the hydrogen is used up. Fire actually dosent give off light. It's the heated carbon molecules that are thrown off as the result of the chemical reaction.

The point is there is nothing constant that can be pointed out due to consistent change that " eliminates" whatever is viewed as permanent which is why there is no heart of actual reality.

exactly when does 1+1 stop equaling 2?

Flat Earth Kyle

Firstly, is 'law' referring to governmental, God-given or the laws governing the existence and operation of the universe?

If it refers to either governmental or God-given, then I simply disagree with the statement. Joys and miseries are still experienced without social laws.

If we are talking about the laws of science, then the statement is pointless, because without the laws there would be no existence and therefore no sin, righteousness, pain or pleasure.

My interpretation is, if there are no objective laws of social and personal conduct, there can be no truth to the concepts of 'good' and 'bad'. Things simply are what they are and how we view them is quite subjective. In the same sense, our experiences of misery and happiness are also purely subjective. Just as sin and righteousness are illusory, so are happiness and distress. I actually believe this.

Another person's interpretation might be that God has provided laws and our happiness and distress are based on how we follow them. Somehow, if those laws did not exist, we would not be able to experience either happiness or misery.

Okay, trying to digest and make sense of everything you said...
I am going to put them both side by side...
"If ye shall say there is no law, ye shall also say there is no sin. If ye shall say there is no sin, ye shall also say there is no righteousness. And if there be no righteousness there be no happiness. ~Lehi"
now for you,
"if there are no objective laws of social and personal conduct, there can be no truth to the concepts of 'good' and 'bad'. Things simply are what they are and how we view them is quite subjective. In the same sense, our experiences of misery and happiness are also purely subjective. Just as sin and righteousness are illusory, so are happiness and distress." ~Madhuri

Laws (of social and personal conduct)
Sin and righteousness (truth to the concepts of Good and bad)

You believe happiness and and misery are both illusions?

interesting observations and beliefs. You now have me super curious as to your stance on the more of Lehi's quote. Please tell me your interpretation of this.

if ye shall say there is no law, ye shall also say there is no sin. If ye shall say there is no sin, ye shall also say there is no righteousness. And if there be no righteousness there be no happiness. And if there be no righteousness nor happiness there be no punishment nor misery. And if these things are not there is no God. And if there is no God we are not, neither the earth; for there could have been no creation of things, neither to act nor to be acted upon; wherefore, all things must have vanished away. ~Lehi

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
How can he conclude that 1) without social laws there can be no happiness or distress
and
2) that if there is no happiness and misery then there can be no God

That doesn't seem logical or plausible.

I do believe that material happiness and misery are illusory. Illusory means fickle, temporary and a condition of ignorance.