• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Abrahamic only: What is this all about?

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Spitting on, or spitting at, or spitting on the ground at their feet. Surely you'd agree that none of those is very nice.
I used to take the subway and buses in NYC and I remember signs that said spitting was not permitted. Parents set the example for children and are responsible for teaching them.

David1967

Premium Member
Pardon me if I lighten the mood with a joke. Let's see if anyone can work this out. I had to have to have it explained when I first heard it.

An old lady went to the Zoo.
There was a sign "Beware the Llama spits".
And she was.
Unfortunately, I have been where the Llama spits before. Unpleasant

Bthoth

*banned*
What land grab? I don’t recall that happening.
Israeli-occupied territories are the lands that were captured and occupied by Israel during the Six-Day War of 1967. While the term is currently applied to the Palestinian territories and the Golan Heights, it has also been used to refer to areas that were formerly occupied by Israel, namely the Sinai Peninsula and southern Lebanon. Prior to Israel's victory in the Six-Day War, occupation of the Palestinian territories was split between Egypt and Jordan, with the former having occupied the Gaza Strip and the latter having annexed the West Bank; the Sinai Peninsula and the Golan Heights were under the sovereignty of Egypt and Syria, respectively. The first conjoined usage of the terms "occupied" and "territories" with regard to Israel was in United Nations Security Council Resolution 242,

Resolution 24 2 (1967 ) of 22 November 1967 The Security Council, Expressing its continuing concern with the gravtsituation in the Middle East, Emphasizing the inadmissibility of the acquisition of territory by war and the need to work for a just and lasting peace in which every State in the area can live in security, Emphasizing farther that all Member States in their acceptance of the Charter of the United Nations have undertaken a commitment to act in accordance with Article 2 of the Charter, 1. Affirms that the fulfilment of Charter principles requires the establishment of a just and lasting peace in the Middle East which should include the application of both the following principles: (i) Withdrawal of Israel armed forces from territories occupied in the recent conflict; (ii) Termination of all claims or states of belligerency and respect for and acknowledgement of the sovereignty, territorial integrity and political independence of every State in the area and their right to live in peace within secure and recognized boundaries free from threats or acts of force; 2. Affirms further the necessity (a) For guaranteeing freedom of navigation through international waterways in the area ; (b) For achieving a just settlement of the refugee problem;

The basis of the Illegal occupation that the UN condemned. It was when Israel took that city of blood.

InChrist

Free4ever
Israeli-occupied territories are the lands that were captured and occupied by Israel during the Six-Day War of 1967. While the term is currently applied to the Palestinian territories and the Golan Heights, it has also been used to refer to areas that were formerly occupied by Israel, namely the Sinai Peninsula and southern Lebanon. Prior to Israel's victory in the Six-Day War, occupation of the Palestinian territories was split between Egypt and Jordan, with the former having occupied the Gaza Strip and the latter having annexed the West Bank; the Sinai Peninsula and the Golan Heights were under the sovereignty of Egypt and Syria, respectively. The first conjoined usage of the terms "occupied" and "territories" with regard to Israel was in United Nations Security Council Resolution 242,

Resolution 24 2 (1967 ) of 22 November 1967 The Security Council, Expressing its continuing concern with the gravtsituation in the Middle East, Emphasizing the inadmissibility of the acquisition of territory by war and the need to work for a just and lasting peace in which every State in the area can live in security, Emphasizing farther that all Member States in their acceptance of the Charter of the United Nations have undertaken a commitment to act in accordance with Article 2 of the Charter, 1. Affirms that the fulfilment of Charter principles requires the establishment of a just and lasting peace in the Middle East which should include the application of both the following principles: (i) Withdrawal of Israel armed forces from territories occupied in the recent conflict; (ii) Termination of all claims or states of belligerency and respect for and acknowledgement of the sovereignty, territorial integrity and political independence of every State in the area and their right to live in peace within secure and recognized boundaries free from threats or acts of force; 2. Affirms further the necessity (a) For guaranteeing freedom of navigation through international waterways in the area ; (b) For achieving a just settlement of the refugee problem;

The basis of the Illegal occupation that the UN condemned. It was when Israel took that city of blood.
I think you’ve left out a few facts. For instance, the fact that for nineteen years Jordan and Egypt used the West Bank and Gaza as terrorist launching pads for weapons against Israel.

And…

In the 1967 Six-Day War, Egypt, Syria, and Jordan tried again to destroy Israel. The State of Israel won the war and took the Golan Heights, Judea and Samaria (West Bank), the Sinai Peninsula, and the Gaza strip. All the territory occupied in the war (except for the Sinai) belongs to the Jewish people according to international law, in accordance with the Treaty of San Remo and the British Mandate for Palestine. Israel returned the whole of Sinai to Egypt in the peace treaty of 1979, and unilaterally pulled out of Gaza in 2005.

Israel has returned over 90% of land captured in defensive wars, which it was never obligated to do in light of historical precedent set by other nations of the world in war situations.

Bthoth

*banned*
I think you’ve left out a few facts. For instance, the fact that for nineteen years Jordan and Egypt used the West Bank and Gaza as terrorist launching pads for weapons against Israel.
That is not a fact about "LAND GRAB"

That's a tangent
And…

In the 1967 Six-Day War, Egypt, Syria, and Jordan tried again to destroy Israel.
It was not a war it was a preemptive strike.
The State of Israel won the war and took the Golan Heights,
Yep, "LAND GRAB"
Judea and Samaria (West Bank), the Sinai Peninsula, and the Gaza strip.
At least you also know that GAZA is ISrael's very own population that they are trying to genocide.
All the territory occupied in the war (except for the Sinai) belongs to the Jewish people according to international law, i
That's a crock of a lie. The balfour letters and san remo conference is not international law. The UN res 181 created Israel and jerusalem is NOT israel per INTERNATIONAL LAW.
n accordance with the Treaty of San Remo and the British Mandate for Palestine.
Note palestine existed BEFORE israel.
Israel returned the whole of Sinai to Egypt in the peace treaty of 1979, and unilaterally pulled out of Gaza in 2005.
Again, you go tangent when asked about the LAND GRAB

Israel has returned over 90% of land captured in defensive wars, which it was never obligated to do in light of historical precedent set by other nations of the world in war situations.

OK.... 90% does not fix the problem.

Jerusalem was and still is NOT ISRAEL. That location (the fortress/mount) is what the main problem is of the region, not just the oppression/apartheid imposed upon palestine and the human beings being exterminated.

What israel is doing now is just creating the next generation of monsters. Can't destroy mankind and genocide is not an option. Not even samson option will make israel a promised land.

YoursTrue

And…

In the 1967 Six-Day War, Egypt, Syria, and Jordan tried again to destroy Israel. The State of Israel won the war and took the Golan Heights, Judea and Samaria (West Bank), the Sinai Peninsula, and the Gaza strip. All the territory occupied in the war (except for the Sinai) belongs to the Jewish people according to international law, in accordance with the Treaty of San Remo and the British Mandate for Palestine. Israel returned the whole of Sinai to Egypt in the peace treaty of 1979, and unilaterally pulled out of Gaza in 2005.

It is sad when people hate one another, isn't it, to extremes.

YoursTrue

Yes, sad indeed.
And even more gruesome when religion pushes them to be hateful and more. God will settle these things, I am sure. He has allowed things to go on for thousands of years but not forever because there will be peace. Perhaps you know the following scripture: (Micah 4)
"He will render judgment among many peoples
And set matters straight respecting mighty nations far away.
They will beat their swords into plowshares
And their spears into pruning shears.
Nation will not lift up sword against nation,
Nor will they learn war anymore."

InChrist

Free4ever
And even more gruesome when religion pushes them to be hateful and more. God will settle these things, I am sure. He has allowed things to go on for thousands of years but not forever because there will be peace. Perhaps you know the following scripture: (Micah 4)
"He will render judgment among many peoples
And set matters straight respecting mighty nations far away.
They will beat their swords into plowshares
And their spears into pruning shears.
Nation will not lift up sword against nation,
Nor will they learn war anymore."
Yes, it is good to know that God will bring real peace.

Brian2

Veteran Member
I came across this and other disturbing videos on YouTube showing some religious Jews in Israel spitting on Christian worshipers. Some videos show them being physically attacked. In other videos Netanyahu has denounced this behavior. Why would this group of people be spitting on other folks?

Jesus was crucified and early Christians were killed and persecuted by Jews.
Christians have killed and persecuted Jews over the years.
The persecutors and killers were not doing the will of God, whether Jewish or Christian, but that sort of belief and behaviour still exists.

Ebionite

Jesus was crucified and early Christians were killed and persecuted by Jews.
Christians have killed and persecuted Jews over the years.
The persecutors and killers were not doing the will of God, whether Jewish or Christian, but that sort of belief and behaviour still exists.
It goes back to the origin of blood sacrifice in the Abrahamic religions. In Genesis 15, Abram wasn't told to kill the sacrificial animals (it was about the covenant of the land) and in the book of Jasher the near-sacrifice of Isaac was due to sibling rivalry between Isaac and Ishmael.

The misunderstanding of sacrifice is part of the lessons of the gospels:
But go ye and learn what [that] meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.
Matthew 9:13

For I desired mercy, and not sacrifice; and the knowledge of Elohim more than burnt offerings.
Hosea 6:6

This leads to the knowledge of the righteous servant:
He shall see of the travail of his soul, [and] shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.
Isaiah 53:11

Also Psalm 35:
Let them shout for joy, and be glad, that favour my righteous cause: yea, let them say continually, Let YHWH be magnified, which hath pleasure in the prosperity of his servant.
Psalms 35:27

For without cause have they hid for me their net [in] a pit, [which] without cause they have digged for my soul.
Psalms 35:7

Which connects back to the gospels:

But [this cometh to pass], that the word might be fulfilled that is written in their law, They hated me without a cause.
But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, [even] the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:
John 15:25-26

YoursTrue

Yes, it is good to know that God will bring real peace.
Yes. It also helps to realize that parents affect their children, for good or bad. I met a lady recently who told me she is teaching her child not to hurt anyone. And to run away as fast as he can from bullies at school. I commended her and was so touched to hear her say that!