• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

About Angellous

• Thread starter angellous_evangellous
  • Start date

dance-above

I was raised and educated Southern Baptist in West Texas.

I graduated from Wayland Baptist University in 2001 with a BA in Religion and 2003 with an MA in Biblical Studies, New Testament. Then I went to Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary in Fort Worth, TX for two years to learn Hebrew, French, and German to prepare for Ph.D. studies. Now I attend Brite Divinity School, where I am finishing up a Ph.D. in Biblical Studies, New Testament.

I was ordained in 2003 by a Baptist Church in Lubbock, TX, and I have been serving Baptist churches (and churches of other denomenations) in Texas, Oklahoma, and New Mexico for the past 10 years. I'm not a pastor, I am a scholar, but my tradition affirms scholarship as a ministry. Due to the highly volatile nature of Baptist ministry these days, with Baptist ministers being trained to destroy eachother's careers and other people's lives rather than feed God's flock, I may not remain Baptist very long. I have been attending a Presbyterian church when I am not serving, looking for a denomenation that will recognize my creditials.

I preach regularly and offer countless other services to churches as requested in a wide area, but most of my time is devoted to the study of our sacred Scriptures and producing scholarly work for the academy and the church. I have not published my work yet, but am set to publish a wide variety of studies in preparation for the beginning of my professional and academic career. I am a member of several scholarly guilds and ministerial/ecumenical alliances.

Wow! Im Impressed.

A

angellous_evangellous

You teach modesty!........I know your the prime example aren't you daddy? :D

Ha!

That reminds me... yesterday I was sitting in on a course for master's level students. The prof says that ph.d. students tend to be arrogant - and then caught himself, "Well, Angellous is the exception!"

I received a standing ovation. :takeabow:

Well, not standing... :biglaugh:

EDIT: By the way, I plead innocent on the whole Daddy thing... I was informed by a group of scientists that I am Daddy. I didn't claim it for myself.

note:
An international team of seventeen scientists in Belgiam have concluded without a doubt that Angellous is your daddy.

One scientist said, "After reviewing the evidence I have no problem at all with readily affirming that Angellous is my daddy."

AP review to follow.

Last edited by a moderator:

Charity

Let's go racing boys !
Ha!

That reminds me... yesterday I was sitting in on a course for master's level students. The prof says that ph.d. students tend to be arrogant - and then caught himself, "Well, Angellous is the exception!"

I received a standing ovation. :takeabow:

Well, not standing... :biglaugh:

EDIT: By the way, I plead innocent on the whole Daddy thing... I was informed by a group of scientists that I am Daddy. I didn't claim it for myself.

note:
I would be willing to bet that you stood up and took a bow...:takeabow:Vanity Oh Vanity......Where for art thou?

A

angellous_evangellous

I would be willing to bet that you stood up and took a bow...:takeabow:Vanity Oh Vanity......Where for art thou?

Nah, I thought that it was really funny. I thought about saying, "I must not be trying hard enough, I am actually quite arrogant." :D

A

angellous_evangellous

It's really cute because the grad students come to me with questions when they see me in the library...

A

angellous_evangellous

Doesn't surprise me at all....I've asked your opinion many times and I don't see you at all....:p

Yeah, being on RF so much has really helped... they ask the same questions that are presented here, so the "answers" are fresh on my mind. :p

A

angellous_evangellous

That might have accomplished more than using a thousand words preaching, if you get what I mean?

Yep. It depends on the audience and circumstance. I've had some very memorable times performing and preaching. I sing almost everywhere I go (incidentally, not many of my professional colleagues know that I play...).

I usually preach in churches that are really hurting - pastor just died, church split, that kind of thing.

Remember the power of speech is still very much a part of our society - Obama is the best example - what he has done with speaking is remarkable. But music is much more influential...

Charity

Let's go racing boys !
Yep. It depends on the audience and circumstance. I've had some very memorable times performing and preaching. I sing almost everywhere I go (incidentally, not many of my professional colleagues know that I play...).

I usually preach in churches that are really hurting - pastor just died, church split, that kind of thing.

Remember the power of speech is still very much a part of our society - Obama is the best example - what he has done with speaking is remarkable. But music is much more influential...
I was a member of a gospel group for years and we traveled everywhere, I know what an important part music plays..............**la la la she thinks in fond remembrance of days gone by**

A

angellous_evangellous

I was a member of a gospel group for years and we traveled everywhere, I know what an important part music plays..............**la la la she thinks in fond remembrance of days gone by**

Wow that's cool.

I don't travel widely - just within about an hour of where I live. I haven't played anywhere in a year or so - been working on this silly degree.

A

angellous_evangellous

Most worthy and admirable being, AE. Care to share your thesis topic?

HAHA. Sure.

I have two possible topics for my dissertation, and both of them have a green light from beings greater than myself.

1) The history of women and philosophy as it relates to women in the early church being active in theological interaction and patronage. It will be driven by economics - the basic premise is that women who were in control of property could also control ideas. Wealthy widows (=removal of the controlling man by law... but I argue that less wealthy men who married wealthier women were subject to their wives) are going to likely be the focus.

I am publishing an article on this sometime soon - I'll announce it when I have a date.

2) The history of the relationship between proper bathing and eating in philosophy. This makes a connection between the miracle feeding story in John 6 (people were turned away who only followed Jesus for food) and the footwashing story in John 13 (Peter would be turned away if he was not properly washed).

A

angellous_evangellous

HAHA. Sure.

I have two possible topics for my dissertation, and both of them have a green light from beings greater than myself.

1) The history of women and philosophy as it relates to women in the early church being active in theological interaction and patronage. It will be driven by economics - the basic premise is that women who were in control of property could also control ideas. Wealthy widows (=removal of the controlling man by law... but I argue that less wealthy men who married wealthier women were subject to their wives) are going to likely be the focus.

I am publishing an article on this sometime soon - I'll announce it when I have a date.

2) The history of the relationship between proper bathing and eating in philosophy. This makes a connection between the miracle feeding story in John 6 (people were turned away who only followed Jesus for food) and the footwashing story in John 13 (Peter would be turned away if he was not properly washed).

Well, I chose #1. The proposal was approved June 11. I've been ill since then - actually hospitalized for a week, and I am still in outpatient care - hopefully I'll be discharged today.

I have my entire dissertation outlined - it's just a matter of writing now. :beach: