• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A womans breast=A mans penis?

Yukon

I find this thread to be quite offensive. I fail to see how this topic benefits a Religious Forum? Pray tell my children but I am not a prude but certain topics are better discussed on "x rated" sites dont you think ?

I just once again heard a woman's breast and her naming her cup size (GASP) in relation to her wanting a reduction as TMI as equivelant to a man talking about what size his penis is.

The only difference in functioning last time I heard in a womans breasts and a mans is that a woman can nurse her offspring with hers and a man cant.So hers are a little bigger and fatter.

So saying a womans breasts is her "genitalia" and a sexual organ and comparable to a mans penis does that mean that a mans penis can substitute for a womans breast in feeding the offspring? And further where does that leave her vagina?

Also in functioning does that mean that a woman who has had her breast removed can not concieve a child or even have sex at all similar to a man with no penis?:facepalm:

Im very peterbered..

Love

Dallas

(Oh and what about his chest? Is that the same as a womans vagina?)

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I find this thread to be quite offensive. I fail to see how this topic benefits a Religious Forum? Pray tell my children but I am not a prude but certain topics are better discussed on "x rated" sites dont you think ?

This is the "sexuality" section, Yukon. ;) You're most welcome to not look in this section at all if you find such topics offensive. :)

ninerbuff

godless wonder
You sound like some parents who think they "talk" to their children about sex, but only give them minimal info. Usually that's because the parent is "uninformed" about sex outside of their own life.
Don't like it, then don't read it.

Breasts are a secondary sexual display feature, like noses, not primary sexual anatomy like a penis.

I agree with this ^

However, I'd also like to ask....what's wrong with a man talking about the size of his penis?

I won't of course say that it's acceptable in every situation with any audience, but discretion is generally encouraged in modern cultures when discussing any sort of sexual organs. Could I venture to call it "common sense" ?

Last edited:

Skwim

Veteran Member

0511-0902-0418-3907_Black_and_White_Cartoon_of_a_RUN.jpg

trdash

I agree with this ^

However, I'd also like to ask....what's wrong with a man talking about the size of his penis?

Proper-gander:
Your comment made me think of what may be a mixed gender message. The key word for me is what may be – I’m still trying to figure it out. It seems to me that women, and men (but to a lesser degree) can talk opening about breast size. It is common, for example, for a woman to share a cup size. Yet for men, talking about penis size seems to be a taboo subject.
On the one hand, I think if men (and women) understood penis size and shape better it could help debunk the myths related to size and shape that many men (and once in a while women) deal with. However, too many get stuck on size issues when talking about penises -- that is the problem.
On the one hand, I think a good portion of why is more acceptable to talk about breast size lies with functional society in the area of dress. Breast size comes into the mix when shopping or trying on clothes – especially with professional dress, like dresses or nice fitting tops. Likewise with bras. There does not seem to be an equivalent in male culture.

ninerbuff

godless wonder
Proper-gander:
Your comment made me think of what may be a mixed gender message. The key word for me is what may be – I’m still trying to figure it out. It seems to me that women, and men (but to a lesser degree) can talk opening about breast size. It is common, for example, for a woman to share a cup size. Yet for men, talking about penis size seems to be a taboo subject.
On the one hand, I think if men (and women) understood penis size and shape better it could help debunk the myths related to size and shape that many men (and once in a while women) deal with. However, too many get stuck on size issues when talking about penises -- that is the problem.
On the one hand, I think a good portion of why is more acceptable to talk about breast size lies with functional society in the area of dress. Breast size comes into the mix when shopping or trying on clothes – especially with professional dress, like dresses or nice fitting tops. Likewise with bras. There does not seem to be an equivalent in male culture.
Or that maybe boobs aren't that big of a deal to talk about like some uptight people would like to think. Think about it, we put more emphasis on "breast cancer" when in reality heart disease kills more women. Slogans like "save the boobies", "boobs, they could use your support", "big or small save them all" are acceptable to hear in public.

Darkness

Psychoanalyst/Marxist
I just once again heard a woman's breast and her naming her cup size (GASP) in relation to her wanting a reduction as TMI as equivelant to a man talking about what size his penis is.

The only difference in functioning last time I heard in a womans breasts and a mans is that a woman can nurse her offspring with hers and a man cant.So hers are a little bigger and fatter.

So saying a womans breasts is her "genitalia" and a sexual organ and comparable to a mans penis does that mean that a mans penis can substitute for a womans breast in feeding the offspring? And further where does that leave her vagina?

Also in functioning does that mean that a woman who has had her breast removed can not concieve a child or even have sex at all similar to a man with no penis?:facepalm:

Im very peterbered..

Love

Dallas

I was under the impression it was equivalent, because women worrying about the size of their breasts is comparable to men worrying about the size or their penises. It's not that they are genitalia, but that they are both things people try to make bigger through surgery, weird pills, etc.

Skwim

Veteran Member
I was under the impression it was equivalent, because women worrying about the size of their breasts is comparable to men worrying about the size or their penises. It's not that they are genitalia, but that they are both things people try to make bigger through surgery, weird pills, etc.
I think this probably far, far truer of women than it is of men. After all, women are continually reminded of the males' fixation on breasts, whereas I don't recall women ever expressing their thoughts on the penis, unless directly asked. In fact, just the other day I was reading that women aren't very concerned about its size at all.

Last edited:

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
I think this probably far, far truer of women than it is of men. After all, women are continually reminded of the males' fixation on breasts, whereas I don't ever recall women ever expressing their regard for the penis, unless directly asked. In fact, just the other day I was reading that women aren't very concerned about its size at all.
Bigger is not always better, for either case.

Darkness

Psychoanalyst/Marxist
Bigger is not always better, for either case.

As a heterosexual male, I can safely say that I have never been obsessed or fixated on a girl's breasts. Small- to medium-sized breasts are preferable to larger breasts, because they are usually firmer, which is an advantage over jiggliness. Basically, AA-C is fine, but D's are pushing it. Besides, there are so many other sexy parts to a girl, like her arms and legs. And for the record, shorter girls have sexier legs than tall girls. :yes:

Mercy Not Sacrifice

Im very peterbered..

Love

Dallas

Part of the driving mechanism here, I think, is that a woman can't really hider her breast size, whereas a man can hide his penis size. Since there really is no way to keep breast size hidden, I think some women have opted for the strategy of breaking down the taboos of even mentioning size. Perhaps it goes hand in hand with the fact that breast cancer is a far less taboo subject than it was even a couple decades ago.

On the male side, I do think there is more taboo-ness remaining. But some of those barriers seem to be falling, too, such as the increase in prostate cancer awareness.

Both genders benefit when all aspects of the human body are treated with respect and not shame.

Gunfingers

Happiness Incarnate
Not only can we hide it, but it seems to be recommended. Every time I wear snug pants where people can see my glans next to my knee they get all upset with me.