• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A Western Feminist Defends the Muslim Veil

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
Not really. You spoke about whistling after women and i simply intended to say that in supposed islamic societies there are simply other ways to "communicate" ones "desires".
One of them is to use cell phones, another is talking with your fellow pals about the ladies and so on.

I see no difference between people talking amongst themselves about the "*****" over the street and those that whistle when they see her.

thats not the same though. i was talking about the general behaviour in the open.

i said A you have now changed it to B and are saying it's the same. it's not.

ThereIsNoSpoon

thats not the same though. i was talking about the general behaviour in the open.

i said A you have now changed it to B and are saying it's the same. it's not.
So you would say that publicly whistling after a woman is evil and talking behind her back about her looks so SHE doesnt hear you is not?

Aquitaine

well he needs to clarify his first. why is he changing the story?

He's not. As far as I know, he's adding to this point about attitudes towards Women in Public, and how people "communicate" their desires.

Since you were talking about Public attitudes towards Women, his point is valid.

Basically, if a Man shouting something sexual at a Woman to her face is bad, then do you believe the same applies if the Man makes the same sexual statement, but not to the Woman's face (i.e she wasn't around to receive it)?

Last edited:

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
He's not. As far as I know, he's adding to this point about attitudes towards Women in Public, and how people "communicate" their desires.

Since you were talking about Public attitudes towards Women, his point is valid.

Basically, if a Man shouting something sexual at a Woman to her face is bad, then do you believe the same applies if the Man makes the same sexual statement, but not to the Woman's face (i.e she wasn't around to receive it).

thats not what we were talking about. we were talking about the young men and women going out together.