• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A Very Disturbing Dream

djhwoodwerks

To me, it sounds a lot like the Jehovah Witnesses. To them, Jesus came, did His thing and paid the ransom, that's it. Now, everything is Jehovah. If you've been "marked" and you show up at one of their conventions or meetings, you will be treated as you were in your dream. I don't know if you've had a run in with the witnesses, but if you have, that's why they treated you like that.

djhwoodwerks

It is perfectly possible to have a relationship with God with out involving Jesus at all.

Jesus said,

John 14:6 (ESV Strong's) 6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

There's no way to have a relationship with God, without Jesus.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
Jesus said,

John 14:6 (ESV Strong's) 6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

There's no way to have a relationship with God, without Jesus.

That is a very sad belief.
Consider the vast array of souls that came before Jesus and the millions since, that have not followed the Christian faith. But have loved and worshiped God in faith.

In this instance the Bible can not be correct. The words are like an advertisement. making outrageous claims that can not be supported, But made by an over enthusiastic copywriter to strengthen the case, against all competition.

Jesus certainly shows us a way to God, and it could be the best way, but not any thing like the only way.

Last edited:

Oeste

Everyone was drunk with enthusiasm and there were many ushers there energetically engaged in keeping the structure of it all and the ambience of the convention (more than usual). It felt like a cult following. When I started to question one usher, she challenged me to get out of the way, and another usher was very avoidant and wouldn't tell me the name of their organizaton. He even jostled around when I tried to take a picture of his convention t-shirt, but he did it all with a smile on his face. Now ordinarily a dream would be just a dream, but being that this one was so vivid, I thought I'd ask on this forum if anybody knows of such an organization in real life. I'm thinking the Salvation Army is the closest match, but does anybody know anything closer? I think if such an organization were to really exist, it would be very very bad. Disguising the blotting out of Jesus behind a mask of positivity with many enthusiastic followers.

I'll take a crack at this...I don't think I can do any worse than the others ;-)

I would agree with djwoodworks that this sounds very much like a convention of Jehovah Witnesses, perhaps an assembly where you've been "marked". They deemphasize Jesus immensely... I've always said that if Jesus had given his model prayer at one of their Assemblies they would have pulled him aside and scolded him for saying "Father" instead of "Jehovah".

However the message is a bit off for them. The only "needy" the Organization appears to realize are those without a Watchtower magazine in their hands whereas I get the idea from your post the "needy" might be more traditional: those in need of food, clothing, or shelter. Also they won't tell you the name of their Organization, whereas JW's are always touting it.

The fact they wouldn't tell you outright, and the tendency to jostle you around while attempting to focus in on them with a picture, and the fact they were hiding behind a "mask" of positivity, leads me to believe it's not an outside church at all but perhaps a movement inside the church, one gaining adherents but not ready to divulge itself as yet.

It would certainly explain that smile. :)

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Yeah, it may. You never know.

What an interesting dream, yes quite a lot could be seen in that dream.

There was notes taken in a talk given by Abdul'baha back in the early 1900's, where it was recorded He said there are 3 kinds of dreams:

"There are three kinds of dreams. One is a true vision, which is even as the morning light and has no need of interpretation. Exactly what is seen, the same thing occurs. But most people, generally, do not receive this kind of dream. In the period of every person’s life it may chance to happen that one’s heart and mind are free and clear of false suppositions. Then whatever the spirit discovers conforms to the reflection obtained. This is a true vision and needs no interpretation; it is reality.

The second kind of dream is that requiring interpretation, because the mind or the heart of the dreamer possesses false suppositions. When a spiritual journey is attained, it must be interpreted and false thoughts must be separated from spiritual discoveries.

Another kind of dream is the confused dream. For example, during the day a man becomes engaged in a quarrel and dispute. Later, in the world of the dream, these same circumstances appear to him. This is a confused dream. It has no interpretation and contains no discoveries. Before the person dreamed, he was overcome with delusions. It is clear that this kind of dream bears no interpretation and is confused."

I am guessing your dream would be of the Mixed dream. Some Spiritual Truth and some pure fabrication of daily events.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The other night I had a very Vivid dream. In the dream, I was at a quasi-Church type of convention. Their message was "Show God's love to the needy". Although in one of their messages I heard them say regarding Jesus Christ that he was only one of many characters in The Bible, and that he should be viewed as such. The real focus should be to love "God" and so on and so forth. They were deemphasizing Jesus and making it more of a generic religion about loving God and serving the needy. Everyone was drunk with enthusiasm and there were many ushers there energetically engaged in keeping the structure of it all and the ambience of the convention (more than usual). It felt like a cult following. When I started to question one usher, she challenged me to get out of the way, and another usher was very avoidant and wouldn't tell me the name of their organizaton. He even jostled around when I tried to take a picture of his convention t-shirt, but he did it all with a smile on his face. Now ordinarily a dream would be just a dream, but being that this one was so vivid, I thought I'd ask on this forum if anybody knows of such an organization in real life. I'm thinking the Salvation Army is the closest match, but does anybody know anything closer? I think if such an organization were to really exist, it would be very very bad. Disguising the blotting out of Jesus behind a mask of positivity with many enthusiastic followers.

Thank you.

Some Bible passage jump out in meaning from your Dream. You, I see are of the Church of Christ and thus still await the Return of Christ.

I will offer a couple of thoughts.

Where you saw in your dream that "They were deemphasizing Jesus and making it more of a generic religion about loving God and serving the needy." I would consider the pasage of Mark 10:18 "Why do you call me good?" Jesus answered. "No one is good--except God alone." It could be your current thoughts of who Jesus the Christ is, is not supported by scripture and thus not in tune with God and His Faiths.

This would bring up the reason why you were unable to see what was happening and by who and it may be reflected in this passage;

Matthew 7:22-23 "Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

Thus you may have had a very spiritual dream showing you that Christ Has returned and you have missed the event.

Regards Tony

e.r.m.

Church of Christ
What do you think God has in mind for the two thirds of the world who are not practising Christians.

It is perfectly possible to have a relationship with God with out involving Jesus at all.

It is a mistake to think only people who follow a particular Christian dogma are loved and cherished by God. Or that he excludes them some way, either here or in the next existence.

Perhaps your dream is reminding you of this.
Well, in the dream, they made reference to the Bible, which reveals their hypocrisy.

God loves and cherishes all, even those who will not be saved.

I do believe in the Bible, including verses like
John 3:16-17 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

John 14:6 Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Acts 17:26,29-31 From one man he made all the nations, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he marked out their appointed times in history and the boundaries of their lands. [29] “Therefore since we are God's offspring, we should not think that the divine being is like gold or silver or stone---an image made by human design and skill. [30] In the past God overlooked such ignorance, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent. [31] For he has set a day when he will judge the world with justice by the man he has appointed. He has given proof of this to everyone by raising him from the dead.”

e.r.m.

Church of Christ
I'll take a crack at this...I don't think I can do any worse than the others ;-)

I would agree with djwoodworks that this sounds very much like a convention of Jehovah Witnesses, perhaps an assembly where you've been "marked". They deemphasize Jesus immensely... I've always said that if Jesus had given his model prayer at one of their Assemblies they would have pulled him aside and scolded him for saying "Father" instead of "Jehovah".

However the message is a bit off for them. The only "needy" the Organization appears to realize are those without a Watchtower magazine in their hands whereas I get the idea from your post the "needy" might be more traditional: those in need of food, clothing, or shelter. Also they won't tell you the name of their Organization, whereas JW's are always touting it.

The fact they wouldn't tell you outright, and the tendency to jostle you around while attempting to focus in on them with a picture, and the fact they were hiding behind a "mask" of positivity, leads me to believe it's not an outside church at all but perhaps a movement inside the church, one gaining adherents but not ready to divulge itself as yet.

It would certainly explain that smile. :)
Thank you. I like this one.

e.r.m.

Church of Christ
What an interesting dream, yes quite a lot could be seen in that dream.

There was notes taken in a talk given by Abdul'baha back in the early 1900's, where it was recorded He said there are 3 kinds of dreams:

"There are three kinds of dreams. One is a true vision, which is even as the morning light and has no need of interpretation. Exactly what is seen, the same thing occurs. But most people, generally, do not receive this kind of dream. In the period of every person’s life it may chance to happen that one’s heart and mind are free and clear of false suppositions. Then whatever the spirit discovers conforms to the reflection obtained. This is a true vision and needs no interpretation; it is reality.

The second kind of dream is that requiring interpretation, because the mind or the heart of the dreamer possesses false suppositions. When a spiritual journey is attained, it must be interpreted and false thoughts must be separated from spiritual discoveries.

Another kind of dream is the confused dream. For example, during the day a man becomes engaged in a quarrel and dispute. Later, in the world of the dream, these same circumstances appear to him. This is a confused dream. It has no interpretation and contains no discoveries. Before the person dreamed, he was overcome with delusions. It is clear that this kind of dream bears no interpretation and is confused."

I am guessing your dream would be of the Mixed dream. Some Spiritual Truth and some pure fabrication of daily events.

Regards Tony
Thank you Tony. It may indeed be.

e.r.m.

Church of Christ
Some Bible passage jump out in meaning from your Dream. You, I see are of the Church of Christ and thus still await the Return of Christ.

I will offer a couple of thoughts.

Where you saw in your dream that "They were deemphasizing Jesus and making it more of a generic religion about loving God and serving the needy." I would consider the pasage of Mark 10:18 "Why do you call me good?" Jesus answered. "No one is good--except God alone." It could be your current thoughts of who Jesus the Christ is, is not supported by scripture and thus not in tune with God and His Faiths.

This would bring up the reason why you were unable to see what was happening and by who and it may be reflected in this passage;

Matthew 7:22-23 "Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

Thus you may have had a very spiritual dream showing you that Christ Has returned and you have missed the event.

Regards Tony
If my beliefs about Jesus are incorrect and He is not who the scriptures say he is, then why would He return?

Nah, strike out on this one.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
If my beliefs about Jesus are incorrect and He is not who the scriptures say he is, then why would He return?

Nah, strike out on this one.

Your Dream came true, it has given you foundations for the future to again consider this matter.

Stay well and happy and may life be good to you.

Regards Tony