• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A Stunning Challenge to Atheists from Answers in Genesis

Man of Faith

You're right, you're definitely not an atheist. And considering that I know people have explained these issues to you, I'm concerned that you might some serious A.D.D. Unless you're intentionally being dishonest, but I know that couldn't be the case because you claim to be christian. :rolleyes:

Or am I being honest, if I answer the way that an atheist should answer based on their worldview? No God, no absolute right or wrong, killing a chicken could be murder to someone and killing a human could be survial of the fittest to others.

Last edited:

Man of Faith

You mean you misjudge atheist to such an extreme?

I don't misjudge atheists, atheists misjudge their own beliefs. They don't really understand what their lack of believe in God really means. They are swayed by the Christian culture that they live in so much that they think it is a result of evolution. They think that the morality that we have as a society came about naturally so it must be a result of collective agreements for survival of the fittest. They appear to be unable to look at the animal kingdom for their morality which they should if there is no God.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
I don't misjudge atheists, atheists misjudge their own beliefs. They don't really understand what their lack of believe in God really means. They are swayed by the Christian culture that they live in so much that they think it is a result of evolution. They think that the morality that we have as a society came about naturally so it must be a result of collective agreements for survival of the fittest. They appear to be unable to look at the animal kingdom for their morality which they should if there is no God.

So that is a yes? ;)

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member

At last! Someone who can tell me what I think! I've always always wanted to know what I think. But I've never before had someone so willing and eager to tell me. Well, except for my ex-wives, that is. They were always willing to tell me what I think too.

9Westy9

Sceptic, Libertarian, Egalitarian
Premium Member
I don't misjudge atheists, atheists misjudge their own beliefs. They don't really understand what their lack of believe in God really means.

Please tell us oh wise one

They are swayed by the Christian culture that they live in so much that they think it is a result of evolution.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say here

They think that the morality that we have as a society came about naturally so it must be a result of collective agreements for survival of the fittest.

and the problem with this is?

They appear to be unable to look at the animal kingdom for their morality which they should if there is no God.

So you're saying that humans as "more evolved/ advanced" creatures should look at "less advanced" creatures for their moral guidance instead of making their own morality that most of us agree on anyway?

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
I don't misjudge atheists, atheists misjudge their own beliefs. They don't really understand what their lack of believe in God really means.
They are swayed by the Christian culture that they live in so much that they think it is a result of evolution. They think that the morality that we have as a society came about naturally so it must be a result of collective agreements for survival of the fittest. They appear to be unable to look at the animal kingdom for their morality which they should if there is no God.
This is nothing more than the line of bull **** you use to justify your bold faced lies about atheists and atheism in general.

marshjohn

you tired of the fact that atheism (which is based in materialism, a popular worldview today) has no basis for logic and reasoning?
How about theists? Did they ever experience something spiritually? NO! Atheists and theists are living totally material existence INDEED!

Will you repent and receive Christ as your Lord and Savior today so that you will join Christ in the resurrection from the dead; I invite you personally to become an ex-atheist, join the ranks of the saved through Jesus Christ, and become a new creation as we continue to advance with the gospel in peace that only God can provide."

The myth of ressurrection was stolen too,The resurrection is a common theme found in numerous completely different religions throughout the world. Ishtar's/Inanna's descent and return (she was resurrected from the dead), Osiris, Siva's death and resurrection, Persephone's descent into the underworld and return, the list goes on and on and is based a concept, not actual characters. All ancient religions predated christianity, not just it but all other religions too.
I do not want to be a part of NWO=New world order that christian church and jew government is behind this agenda where the entire earth will be a one communist State,and human beings will lose their rights,freedom,will totally become SLAVES!

HonestJoe

Or am I being honest, if I answer the way that an atheist should answer based on their worldview? No God, no absolute right or wrong, killing a chicken could be murder to someone and killing a human could be survial of the fittest to others.
How is that different to a theist worldview where there is a god who determines an absolute right and wrong so if that god tells you to not to kill a chicken it's wrong and if they tell you to kill a human it's right?

Of course, my worldview is much, much deeper and wider than the singular characteristic of happening not to believe in gods. I don't kill people now and I wouldn't kill people if I can to believe in a god.

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
So, your answer was based on what you wish atheists would say when explaining their worldview?

Do you understand how that doesn't really work? We could make all sorts of claims about what Christians should believe about their worldview, but that doesn't make any of our claims accurate in depicting what Christians actually do believe about their worldview.

Tristesse

I hope you realize that morality and a god are two different things, just because one does not accept that a god exists, doesn't mean that they accept that absolute morality also doesn't exist. You're conflating two issues. And I'm sure it's hard for you to grasp the difference, considering that you come from a tradition of melding the two. Likewise, you can also believe that a god exists and believe that absolute morality doesn't.

HonestJoe

So, your answer was based on what you wish atheists would say when explaining their worldview?
No, my answer was a parody of the grossly ignorant and generalised presumption of an "atheist worldview".

The fact is that atheism isn't a worldview at all (neither is theism). Atheist describes a singular characteristic while a worldview is made up of thousands of inter-connecting characteristics.

We could make all sorts of claims about what Christians should believe about their worldview...
We could. I'm not going to though.

I didn't even refer to Christians but quite deliberately to theists (being the opposite of atheist).

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
No, my answer was a parody of the grossly ignorant and generalised presumption of an "atheist worldview".

The fact is that atheism isn't a worldview at all (neither is theism). Atheist describes a singular characteristic while a worldview is made up of thousands of inter-connecting characteristics.

We could. I'm not going to though.

I didn't even refer to Christians but quite deliberately to theists (being the opposite of atheist).
Wait. I'm confused. I was responding to Man of Faith's post, not yours.

As for worldviews, atheism/theism definitely have an impact on them, and generally, those who are theists will have worldviews more in common with other theists than they would with an atheist, etc.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member

If your beliefs are the only thing stopping you from harming others, then I certainly hope that you keep holding on to them. However, I think that you might be inaccurately estimating how you'd act if it weren't for your beliefs. Many people don't seem to have any problem being decent human beings and not believing in black-and-white morality.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member

You have a habit of regurgitating the same tired straw men regardless of the fact that they've been refuted innumerable times before. Honestly, what do you hope to achieve by doing so other than looking like a clown?

HonestJoe

Wait. I'm confused. I was responding to Man of Faith's post, not yours.
Sorry about that. Either something strange happened with your post or I'm going insane. I'm equally confident in the stability of the board software as I am my own mind. :cool:

Man of Faith

You have a habit of regurgitating the same tired straw men regardless of the fact that they've been refuted innumerable times before. Honestly, what do you hope to achieve by doing so other than looking like a clown?

Are my posts straw men, or are the innumerable refutations straw men? :fight:

Man of Faith

If I tell you multiple times that my favorite color is blue, and you insist that it is purple, who is being dishonest here?

So if someone tells me multiple times that there is no God, or that certain things would be true if there is no God, I should believe it because it is multiple times?