• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A star has gone out - Ursula K Le Guin

Buddha Dharma

Dharma Practitioner
Oh no :(

I liked her also, and for more than just Earthsea, which are fantastic. She is one of the better known American Taoists, and has actually written about her views on that.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
Hard to believe that that her first published book was not before 1966. I must have read a majority of her work before the end of the 70's and a few there after. I never thought of her as a "female" writer.

Srivijaya

I think her novels and stories were just brilliant in themselves. Perhaps Wizard of Earthsea should be made into a film (a good one of which she would have approved).

Terese

Mangalam Pundarikakshah
Staff member
Premium Member
These years i've only been reading non-fiction. Time to read some science/fantasy novels :D

Jumi

I too loved her Earthsea books when I was a kid, didn't know she was so popular among RFers.

David T

Premium Member
;big fan of her. She lived just down the road from me. I think I had heard she had moved to cannon beach oregon. Being a lefty loved the title of her classic.