• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A small issue

Onkara

Hello Nameless
Oh, my answer is for fun and I took your question in the same way ;) as much as in our usual philosophical seriousness too (a trait we seem to both share). :) I can smile or laugh for the smallest of reasons, and have started to learn it could be too easy to take all I do and say as being what makes or breaks my future, I am liable to change even if I don't will that change. In a way giving up my will to the flow of life, is pretty eventful enough. A religous-less religion sounds like a valiant path to take :) As I mention above choosing one religion and just going for it has its own benefits and difficulties it seems.

Thanks for your respect, it is a pleasure to receive.

Good luck Akshara
I have personally found time away form the forum or even from my books has brought me some sound and lasting observations. I wish you luck and peace of mind.

Thats very good to hear Onkarah! I can agree with you too. I have just finished my short break of 3 days and have done alot of thinking and searching for what is ultimatly right for me. I ended up staying with Gaudiya Vaishnavism. There is just something about that faith that I really enjoy. I am also beginning to grow an attachment to Sri Krishna and am very much loving to chant his names.

Onkara

Hi Askhara
I am pleased if you are finding something you feel is helpful and enjoyable (what ever that path is) :)

A thought I plan to expand on in the Seekers DIR and would be interested in your opinion is that of a "pro-active" religion or path. Ultimately a path that gets up up and moving is and could be as productive as those paths which promote sitting still and rejecting. I wonder about the benefits and hazards of pro-active paths. Of course I don't mean fundamentalism or extremism, rather ones which engage the mind and body and make one feel that work, life and everything has a purpose and can be embraced.

Hi Askhara
I am pleased if you are finding something you feel is helpful and enjoyable (what ever that path is) :)

A thought I plan to expand on in the Seekers DIR and would be interested in your opinion is that of a "pro-active" religion or path. Ultimately a path that gets up up and moving is and could be as productive as those paths which promote sitting still and rejecting. I wonder about the benefits and hazards of pro-active paths. Of course I don't mean fundamentalism or extremism, rather ones which engage the mind and body and make one feel that work, life and everything has a purpose and can be embraced.

Thanks Onkarah, and your thought in the Seekers DIR sounds interesting to me and would be worthwile to expand on. :)

Octavia156

OTO/EGC
I actually just feel like quitting all of this. It isnt taking me anywhere. I have been searching and searching for years, about 3 by the end of this year, and I feel like I have hit a certain point and that I cant move on. Quite honestly Im tired of the stupid concepts, the restrictions, and philosophy. I just feel like quitting, relaxing and enjoying the now, it seems its all I have. It seems as if there is a natural way of things, like the flowers have their "flowerness" and the Trees have their "Treeness", they are all so peaceful in their own essence, I would like to find my essence and rest as that. Im tired of being conditioned, programmed, and attached to this and that. I would like the let go of the conditioning, become de-prorammed, and cease to attach to the past, and just rest in my essence right now.

My essence is the same as the Flowers, the Trees, and everything. It is that underlying essence which holds everything together, which keeps everything moving, which unites all and keeps everything peaceful and in harmony, I am that.

Ever thought of studying Magick instead of following a religion?

In Magick serving Krishna and trancing out into yourself are one and the same thing.

autonomous1one1

Premium Member
Thats very good to hear Onkarah! I can agree with you too. I have just finished my short break of 3 days and have done alot of thinking and searching for what is ultimatly right for me. I ended up staying with Gaudiya Vaishnavism. There is just something about that faith that I really enjoy. I am also beginning to grow an attachment to Sri Krishna and am very much loving to chant his names.
Greetings Akshara Dasa. There seems much to be offered from Gaudiya Vaishnavism. The concept of Achintya Bheda Abheda or 'inconceivable oneness and difference' is truly interesting and addresses the a..1 post #8 above.
.....A thought I plan to expand on in the Seekers DIR and would be interested in your opinion is that of a "pro-active" religion or path....
Greetings Onkarah, seems like a worthy topic and with your permission will join you there.

Wannabe Yogi

Namaste Akshara,

Here is my humble opinion so take it for what it's worth. You switched in a matter of a day from advaita to acinta bhedabheda, from non dual, to looking for Krishna. Now after less than a week you want to give it all up because you don't have an immediate bhava? This takes a life times not a matter of one or two or three years. This isn't a quick fix but a complete reorganizing of your life.

I agree this is a life path. Years ago I noticed I was approaching God like a business exchange. I do sadhana then I what some kind of experience. Religion is not a cash exchange of merchandise. The Idea to develop love in you heart not have fun experiences.