• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A small issue

Yesterday I was pulled back into Trances of bliss,. These were of the Non-Dual nature types of Trance. It has kind of frusturated me though, when Im done with the Trance. Im in the middle, between absorbtion into myself, or servitude to Krishna. But Its hard because the blissful merging into myself is wonderful, but then I absorb into that instead of Krishna. Will the Trances overcome servitude to Krishna, or will they subside for love for Krishna? Because of this "being inbetween" I have stopped all spiritual and religious persuits trying to settle this. Its difficult when you want to serve, but then the next thing you know your absorbed in yourself. Its frustrating.

Last edited:
I actually just feel like quitting all of this. It isnt taking me anywhere. I have been searching and searching for years, about 3 by the end of this year, and I feel like I have hit a certain point and that I cant move on. Quite honestly Im tired of the stupid concepts, the restrictions, and philosophy. I just feel like quitting, relaxing and enjoying the now, it seems its all I have. It seems as if there is a natural way of things, like the flowers have their "flowerness" and the Trees have their "Treeness", they are all so peaceful in their own essence, I would like to find my essence and rest as that. Im tired of being conditioned, programmed, and attached to this and that. I would like the let go of the conditioning, become de-prorammed, and cease to attach to the past, and just rest in my essence right now.

My essence is the same as the Flowers, the Trees, and everything. It is that underlying essence which holds everything together, which keeps everything moving, which unites all and keeps everything peaceful and in harmony, I am that.

nameless

The Creator
how long should have to wait to see the climax? :D

Being or Akshara Dasa, do consider the feelings of your post viewers, just a suggestion.

Congrats again for, again the change of path.

Last edited:

Andal

resident hypnotist
Namaste Akshara,

Here is my humble opinion so take it for what it's worth. You switched in a matter of a day from advaita to acinta bhedabheda, from non dual, to looking for Krishna. Now after less than a week you want to give it all up because you don't have an immediate bhava? This takes a life times not a matter of one or two or three years. This isn't a quick fix but a complete reorganizing of your life.

The regulations seem daunting but really there are only 4, keep a vegetarian diet, don't gamble, no illicit sex, and avoid intoxication. These aren't meant as restrictions on your life but only as protection. Sure we all stumble on the path but these rules are a good measure of what we should be aspiring for.

If you want to give up, no one will stop you. However, I would caution you, you may give up now but that nagging feeling like there's something incomplete, that feeling that has been driving your search won't go away.

Whatever you decide to do, do so with love :) Best of luck in your search.

Aum Hari Aum!

Namaste Akshara,

Here is my humble opinion so take it for what it's worth. You switched in a matter of a day from advaita to acinta bhedabheda, from non dual, to looking for Krishna. Now after less than a week you want to give it all up because you don't have an immediate bhava? This takes a life times not a matter of one or two or three years. This isn't a quick fix but a complete reorganizing of your life.

The regulations seem daunting but really there are only 4, keep a vegetarian diet, don't gamble, no illicit sex, and avoid intoxication. These aren't meant as restrictions on your life but only as protection. Sure we all stumble on the path but these rules are a good measure of what we should be aspiring for.

If you want to give up, no one will stop you. However, I would caution you, you may give up now but that nagging feeling like there's something incomplete, that feeling that has been driving your search won't go away.

Whatever you decide to do, do so with love :) Best of luck in your search.

Aum Hari Aum!

Thanks for this Krishnakanta, I really needed to hear this. I feel stupid for saying what I did above, it was a "in the moment" thing only. Thats just how I felt then, I was very frusturated. I still really like Krishna, I really want to Worship and serve Krishna, but the Trances pull me back from it, and to does other material things but thats more besides the point. What Im saying here is that if I am serving Krishna, why to my Trances keep comming back, I dont really even like them anymore! Thats why its so frusturating.

Onkara

Keep the focus positive and divine, friend :)

EDIT:

The frustration can be overwhelming at times. It can be as if we satisfaction is only a glimpsing treat, like a chocolate cream cake (would love one right now) but later doubt arises again. I cannot comment on your trances, you could try fixing your senses on an object and brining your mind back to reality (but I hesitate to interferer in your business :eek: ).

Kirshnakanta gives good advice. Anything worth having takes time, seeds don't sprout the next day, but we must continue to water them and care for something invisible. So what can guide us whilst something is so small and fragile? Perhaps comradeship from others, meditation, prayer, song, walks and exercise and of course reading good things.

I struggle to put a name in the Religion tag, as I love all religions what ever they offer me, some substantially more than others. :eek:

Last edited:

autonomous1one1

Premium Member
......I struggle to put a name in the Religion tag, as I love all religions what ever they offer me, some substantially more than others. :eek:
Greetings Onkarah. Why not be one that puts 'All' down for the religion tag, with the view that the 'heart' of each and every religion is the same.
....'between absorbtion into myself, or servitude to Krishna.'.....
Greetings Akshara Dasa. It would seem that you are having a worthy discussion within. Please accept this 'tidbit' rhetorical question to be humbly submitted for your discussions - Have you considered that 'myself' and 'Krishna' are two whereas non-dual wisdom indicates there to be only One?

Best wishes, a..1

nameless

The Creator
I struggle to put a name in the Religion tag, as I love all religions what ever they offer me, some substantially more than others. :eek:

Pranam Onkarah Ji, is that the reason why now i see your name in purple colour(theists), leaving religion tag blank? :)

Last edited:

Onkara

Nice to see you autonomous1one1!
I like your logic, but fear I may sound a little cliché to say I am a follower of "all" religions. One might say to me, "why not be a little more humble and commit yourself to one, and be satisfied with it". :) I am plying a little with these ideas of course, but I think this is the problem that many seekers face "which religion am I" or "why do no religions seem to fit". Others seem to find a religion so easily. I am not saying I disastified, but Akshara's problems are similar to the Religion label issue I share above for thought :) There is rarely one religion which fits all, but yet following one religion helps to focus the mind and let love flower within.

Onkara

Pranam Onkarah Ji, is that the reason why now i see your name in purple colour(theists), leaving religion tag blank? :)

Pranam my nameless friend! :)
I am not sure how seriously you should take any of my actions, if I took my actions too seriously I might never get out of bed from fear of my own results :D But yes, in a way I like to see how it feels to be a pink Theist. I think what is more interesting is the way people treat one another from these few labels and tags, more than how the individual feels their message matters inside i.e. there is always room from growth and change.

How is life on the path of the Religion-less Religion? :)

Can anyone give me some tips on how to keep faith and how to control the senses? I can control the senses very easliy when in a state of Trance, but now that I am trying to follow Krishna I need some help. I am having a hard time keep faith and keeping away the material world. Like I said, in trance its easy to control the sense because your detached from them, but when out of Trance I find it harder. Can anyone give me help?

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
Practice makes perfect, brother.

You need to plant the seed, water it, and wait for it to grow before you can take any fruit from the tree. :)

Practice makes perfect, brother.

You need to plant the seed, water it, and wait for it to grow before you can take any fruit from the tree. :)

Thanks Odion. The thing is that I am VERY hard on myself and have way to many expectations and have very little compassion and forgiveness for myself, and those are very needed things on the path to Spirituality. I am doing better now though. One thing that upsets me is that once I got upset at something that I read Chaitanya Mahaprabhu did and told my friend, "How could someone do that, that is so mean!" and now I feel bad for saying that. Somewhere Chaitayna Mahaprabhu wouldnt forgive someone so they commited suicide by drowing themselves and a man told Chaitanya about this and Chaitanya said that this was Good. I thought that was so mean, but I just forgot that God does everything with reason and that even his punishments are mercyful. Im starting to get over the guilt from that though. :)

This is going to be my last post for now. Im going to take a break and try to figure this all out and try to gain faith in Krishna. Thanks for all of the help you have all been giving me, it really has helped. I think I just need to leave for a while and really think this threw. Thanks

autonomous1one1

Premium Member
Nice to see you autonomous1one1!
I like your logic, but fear I may sound a little cliché to say I am a follower of "all" religions. One might say to me, "why not be a little more humble and commit yourself to one, and be satisfied with it". :) I am plying a little with these ideas of course, but I think this is the problem that many seekers face "which religion am I" or "why do no religions seem to fit". Others seem to find a religion so easily. I am not saying I disastified, but Akshara's problems are similar to the Religion label issue I share above for thought :) There is rarely one religion which fits all, but yet following one religion helps to focus the mind and let love flower within.
Nice to see you too, Onkarah. If someone were to question your humbleness (;)) it could be offered that the designation of 'All" religions (including spirituality and mysticism) has nothing to do with ego but rather, is based upon two principles - the lack of separation from other beings (or love) and the discovery that each and All have the very same goal.

Onkara

it could be offered that the designation of 'All" religions (including spirituality and mysticism) has nothing to do with ego but rather, is based upon two principles - the lack of separation from other beings (or love) and the discovery that each and All have the very same goal. [/COLOR]

Hello Autonomous1one1 :)
I think your two principles are sound. It is the sense of separation or difference which causes us to seek or worse... to fear and hate other. Love comes with acceptance, differences still remain but love is both a binding foundation and a motivator for positive growth and action in life. I will try the label "All" :D

Onkara

This is going to be my last post for now. Im going to take a break and try to figure this all out and try to gain faith in Krishna. Thanks for all of the help you have all been giving me, it really has helped. I think I just need to leave for a while and really think this threw. Thanks

Good luck Akshara
I have personally found time away form the forum or even from my books has brought me some sound and lasting observations. I wish you luck and peace of mind.

autonomous1one1

Premium Member
Hello Autonomous1one1 :)
I think your two principles are sound. It is the sense of separation or difference which causes us to seek or worse... to fear and hate other. Love comes with acceptance, differences still remain but love is both a binding foundation and a motivator for positive growth and action in life. I will try the label "All" :D
One cannot help but love your wisdom!:angel2:

nameless

The Creator
Pranam my nameless friend! :)
I am not sure how seriously you should take any of my actions, if I took my actions too seriously I might never get out of bed from fear of my own results :D But yes, in a way I like to see how it feels to be a pink Theist. I think what is more interesting is the way people treat one another from these few labels and tags, more than how the individual feels their message matters inside i.e. there is always room from growth and change.

How is life on the path of the Religion-less Religion? :)

having a lot of respect for you and your divinity, there arises no question of evaluating your actions, they are good as always. Actually the question was just for a fun, now i notice there exists some seriousness in the manner i asked you... :)

the life on the path of religion-less religion :D :D , to be honest just trying to apply it into my life ;)