• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A Simple Start

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
No it isn't. Jesus wasn't Immortal. He died. Moses wasn't immortal. Tammuz, and all the Sumerian Kings of his time, weren't even deified until after their death. You are confusing Jehovah as being the definition of a god by applying the generic term God to him excursively. The gods of Shintosim are spirits, often of dead ancestors. They certainly are not immortal.
"Jesus wasn't Immortal. He died." Unquote.

Jesus was not a G-d for that reason.

Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
No. I disagree with that to a certain extent. Jehovah is a name, it means "He causes to become." Allah is a word, it means "the God." I've read carefully a few translations of the Qur'an and I've never seen the name Jehovah mentioned. It's pretty clear that The Qur'an was a sort of inaccurate offshoot of the Bible, and the God they refer to may be one in the same, as you suggest, namely, Jehovah, but that isn't expressly defined in any substantial way in the Qur'an. In other words, they don't mention it. In that respect I disagree with you, though, only because the Qur'an and Muslims, as far as I know, don't use that name or any form of it. I wouldn't consider Allah a form of the name.
I don't agree with one.
Quran the secure and pristine Word of G-d mentions Allah* as His proper name in Arabic, please.

Regards
[2:256]
Allah — there is no God but He, the Living, the Self-Subsisting and All-Sustaining. Slumber seizes Him not, nor sleep. To Him belongs whatsoever is in the heavens and whatsoever is in the earth. Who is he that will intercede with Him except by His permission? He knows what is before them and what is behind them; and they encompass nothing of His knowledge except what He pleases. His knowledge extends over the heavens and the earth; and the care of them burdens Him not; and He is the High, the Great.
The Holy Quran - Chapter: 2: Al-Baqarah

Earthling

David Henson
I don't agree with one.
Quran the secure and pristine Word of G-d mentions Allah* as His proper name in Arabic, please.

Regards
[2:256]
Allah — there is no God but He, the Living, the Self-Subsisting and All-Sustaining. Slumber seizes Him not, nor sleep. To Him belongs whatsoever is in the heavens and whatsoever is in the earth. Who is he that will intercede with Him except by His permission? He knows what is before them and what is behind them; and they encompass nothing of His knowledge except what He pleases. His knowledge extends over the heavens and the earth; and the care of them burdens Him not; and He is the High, the Great.
The Holy Quran - Chapter: 2: Al-Baqarah

I'm not conversant on the subject of the Quran and could very easily be wrong. Are you saying that Allah is a name. That Allah and Jehovah, the God of the ancient Israelite, were not one in the same?

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
Your so-called explanations have been laced with more insults. But you feel justified in insulting people first, then asking them to apologize if they are insulted by you.

You have to go first, since you were the first to say I hold empty beliefs. Though I'm sure you already forgot.

You feel justified attacking first, but don't feel like it when someone tells you the same.

Why would I learn from someone who starts with insults and then tries to put all blame on me? You haven't demonstrated that you know anything I should learn.

I didn't say empty beliefs. Those were your words.

Why should you learn from someone? Because you claim to be in touch with God, being in touch with God means learning from all, being open minded, and pursuing love. I'd pursue fellowship with you, but I ask you to pursue God some more first.

Jumi

I didn't say empty beliefs.
It seems you truly forgot what you started and don't feel sorry at all for false accusations. Blind beliefs or empty beliefs, which is worse? And why would you care which word is used... are you trying too hard to twist my words? You said the first when you called my beliefs blind and you were enraged when they were the same words back to you. You even went as far to make up things about me somehow being anti-Christian based on that.

Jumi

Why should you learn from someone?
Because they throw out insults, I'm supposed to want to learn from them?

Because you claim to be in touch with God, being in touch with God means learning from all, being open minded, and pursuing love.
Hypocritical... You didn't care one bit about what I believed and made all kinds of insulting or irrelevant guesses. Is that open-minded or pursuing love? I could have mistaken it for abuse.

I'd pursue fellowship with you, but I ask you to pursue God some more first.
Fellowship isn't formed from you wanting to dominate people.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
I'm not conversant on the subject of the Quran and could very easily be wrong. Are you saying that Allah is a name. That Allah and Jehovah, the God of the ancient Israelite, were not one in the same?
Actually it is the attributes of G-d that matter. G-d could have many proper names , one in every language, G-d knows all languages.

Regards

Last edited:

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
Because they throw out insults, I'm supposed to want to learn from them?

Hypocritical... You didn't care one bit about what I believed and made all kinds of insulting or irrelevant guesses. Is that open-minded or pursuing love? I could have mistaken it for abuse.

Fellowship isn't formed from you wanting to dominate people.

Your "loving faith in God" makes you continue to assault me? I apologize, and ask you to release me, forgive me. Have the last word on this, if you wish.

Jumi

Your "loving faith in God" makes you continue to assault me? I apologize, and ask you to release me, forgive me. Have the last word on this, if you wish.
You managed to inject blame and more insulting insinuations and strange guesses into your apology by the statement before it. I was taught apologies had no qualifiers. If you apologize to someone by saying "please stop, you are in the wrong. I apologize for talking with you, forgive me" it's not really an apology or any kind of friendly is it?

I do agree with you, we're getting nowhere with your shifting blame tactics.

Jumi

That would be your personal belief, because biblically, God deserves and asks for worship. It's actually commanded in the Decalogue. And since most religionists worship a god, I will assume you are going by blind faith here unless you've encountered God and God said, "Don't worship me or give me anything of yours."?
This is how you started with, by the way. And you ended up blaming me for returning the word to you.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
RothschildSaxeCoburgGotha said:
Actually it is the attributes of G-d that matter. G-d could have many proper names , one in every language, G-d knows all languages.

Another name of G-d in Jewish people is Jehovah, yet another name of G-d with the Zoroastrian people is Ahura Mazda.

Regards

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
You managed to inject blame and more insulting insinuations and strange guesses into your apology by the statement before it. I was taught apologies had no qualifiers. If you apologize to someone by saying "please stop, you are in the wrong. I apologize for talking with you, forgive me" it's not really an apology or any kind of friendly is it?

I do agree with you, we're getting nowhere with your shifting blame tactics.

And... now I apologize again, for offending you.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
A god is anything or anyone who is attributed a might that is greater than the one attributing it, so the statement that there are no god(s) is false. Correct?
I agree with one here. G-d conversed (Moses* is one example) with many righteous persons in different parts of the word and many ages, that is a sign of His existence.

Regards
*[20:10]
And has the story of Moses come to thee?
[20:11]
When he saw a fire, he said to his family, ‘Tarry ye, I perceive a fire; perhaps I may bring you a brand therefrom or find guidance at the fire.’
[20:12]
And when he came to it, he was called by a voice, ‘O Moses,
[20:13]
‘Verily, I am thy Lord. So take off thy shoes; for thou art in the sacred Valley of Tuwa.
[20:14]
‘And I have chosen thee; so hearken to what is revealed.
[20:15]
‘Verily, I am Allah; there is no God beside Me. So serve Me, and observe Prayer for My remembrance.
The Holy Quran - Chapter: 20: TaHa