• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A shameful embrace of Bacon!

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
So, it turns out that my 8th great-grandfather is William Edward Drummond, executed for treason for his support of Bacon's Rebellion. At least gramps had a lake named after him.
I think one of my ancestors also lost his life in that aftermath of that rebellion. I'd have to dig around a bit...

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
So, it turns out that my 8th great-grandfather is William Edward Drummond, executed for treason for his support of Bacon's Rebellion. At least gramps had a lake named after him.

mmmm-bacon.jpg

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
The "Great Dismal Swamp", I love that. Sounds like the setting for a chapter in a Douglas Adams novel. :D
(FWIW, I'm trying to avoid a Trump reference here.)

Ironically - if that's the right word - Drummond's great-granddaughter married my 5th great-grandfather, who was likewise executed for treason. Sometimes genealogy isn't kind. :(

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
(FWIW, I'm trying to avoid a Trump reference here.)

Ironically - if that's the right word - Drummond's great-granddaughter married my 5th great-grandfather, who was likewise executed for treason. Sometimes genealogy isn't kind. :(
Having treason in your blood might make you a bit revolting.