• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A real honest to god perpetual motion machine

Skwim

Veteran Member
Click HERE
NOW do you believe?

                                                           He said with a wink.

Last edited:
A

angellous_evangellous

Well, I'll be more specific. I wasn't on the link long enough to see if the author was claiming perpetual motion, but anyone who watches the video can easily dismiss such a claim.

The "hoax" isn't even elaborate.

It's a simple optical illusion. The easiest giveaways:

1) If it were a perpetual motion device, he would not have to start the power externally (pouring water and spinning the wheel)

2) Water always seeks the lowest point, yet it appears to go up the machine. That's a dead giveaway for an optical illusion

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
I forget the artist's name that made those optical illusion drawings. Pretty neat you have to study it to see the flaws.

Its got to be Computer Generated. I can't see any mechanical way to create it. The lighting and color don't seem quite right.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I just threw my thermodynamics books in my wood stove!

Most hoaxes are uninteresting frauds. This guy built a clever & wonderful thing.

Last edited:

Skwim

Veteran Member
I understand the optical illusion part,

triangle%20optical%20illusions.jpg

but what I think is cool is how he gets the water to (supposedly?) fall.