• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A rare occurence from God

kjw47

How do you know that? Your "real teachers" can get "new light" at any time, then what you think is truth today won't be!

Where do you get, "anointed teachers" at? Not in the verse you reference.

So, you're saying that Jesus didn't have any people or a household, from the last Apostle until 1919?

New light will come, but its light.

Oeste

New light will come, but its light.

Of course it will!

And when it does it will be bright and shiny:

And what I am doing I will continue to do, in order to undermine the claim of those who would like to claim that in their boasted mission they work on the same terms as we do. For such men are false apostles, deceitful workmen, disguising themselves as apostles of Christ. And no wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light. So it is no surprise if his servants, also, disguise themselves as servants of righteousness.Their end will correspond to their deeds. (2 Corinthians 11:12-15)
You can tell a distorted gospel when they use the world "new" to describe its light. "New" light means it wasn't taught by Jesus or his apostles. Why? Because it's a different gospel. It is just as they say it is: "It's new".

Evidently some people are troubling you and trying to distort the gospel of Christ. But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be under a divine curse! As we have said before, so now I say again: If anyone is preaching to you a gospel contrary to the one you embraced, let him be under a divine curse! (Galatians 1:7-9)

Follow the flashing "new light" of the Watchtower if you wish KJW. No one will stop you. As for me, I I prefer the older light established long ago by scripture.

kjw47

Of course it will!

And when it does it will be bright and shiny:

And what I am doing I will continue to do, in order to undermine the claim of those who would like to claim that in their boasted mission they work on the same terms as we do. For such men are false apostles, deceitful workmen, disguising themselves as apostles of Christ. And no wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light. So it is no surprise if his servants, also, disguise themselves as servants of righteousness.Their end will correspond to their deeds. (2 Corinthians 11:12-15)
You can tell a distorted gospel when they use the world "new" to describe its light. "New" light means it wasn't taught by Jesus or his apostles. Why? Because it's a different gospel. It is just as they say it is: "It's new".

Evidently some people are troubling you and trying to distort the gospel of Christ. But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be under a divine curse! As we have said before, so now I say again: If anyone is preaching to you a gospel contrary to the one you embraced, let him be under a divine curse! (Galatians 1:7-9)

Follow the flashing "new light" of the Watchtower if you wish KJW. No one will stop you. As for me, I I prefer the older light established long ago by scripture.

Then how did this become a truth- Daniel 12:4? That truth would become abundant here in these last days.) At the proper time( When God wills) Matt 24:45
And how do your scholars explain the following facts?
From Moses on up until this very day--taught, served, and worshipped in every synagogue and temple of Israel--a single being God named-YHWH(Jehovah)-- The God taught to Matthew Mark, Peter, John and Jesus his first 30 years. They never refuted that God--they taught that God--John 20:17, Rev 3:12,---2Cor 2:3, 1Cor 15:24-28, 1Peter 1:3, Rev 1:6--Jesus has a God, his Father( YHWH(Jehovah)--
Your translations teach 2 different Gods--Paul was 100% correct-1Cor 8:6--There is one God to all, the Father.

Oeste

Then how did this become a truth- Daniel 12:4? That truth would become abundant here in these last days.) At the proper time( When God wills) Matt 24:45

You’re not seriously suggesting the Governing Board discovered the book, broke the seal, and unstopped (interpreted) the words are you???

When, where, and for how long has the Watchtower been in possession of Daniel’s scroll?

And how do your scholars explain the following facts?

If Daniel's scroll denounces the Trinity I would certainly be interested in what it has to say. But I think we need to authenticate it first, then verify your Organization's translation second.

Is the scroll still in their possession?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
You’re not seriously suggesting the Governing Board discovered the book, broke the seal, and unstopped (interpreted) the words are you???

When, where, and for how long has the Watchtower been in possession of Daniel’s scroll?

If Daniel's scroll denounces the Trinity I would certainly be interested in what it has to say. But I think we need to authenticate it first, then verify your Organization's translation second.

Jehovah's Witness dogma is calculated by men from the modern Bible. No more, and no less. And, I don't know if your question is rhetorical or genuine. How can I know?

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
No, Jesus will not laugh. They are using God's own words against Jehovah, Jesus, and all the holy ones. If anything, I think they are making them sad. Very, very sad. Look at the people of Earth! There are fewer and fewer blessings coming from The Father. And why? Because we are not altogether at peace with the Prince of Peace.
If you are good I might be able to get you included in our weekly golf game. Both Jesus and God always like having a 4th along for the show. :) Are you free on Thursday mornings? :D

Oeste

Jehovah's Witness dogma is calculated by men from the modern Bible. No more, and no less.

You know that, but KJW believes a whole lot more. He cites Daniel 12:4:

But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.​

Now note the question he asks:

He doesn't ask the future tense,"how will?", instead he asks the past tense, "how did?".

Since the scroll was "sealed" by Daniel until the "end of days" he believes the scroll has already been unsealed and is now being revealed by the Watchtower. He then goes into a diatribe against the Trinity, implying information about this doctrine was contained in the scroll.

This begs the question of when, where, and how the Watchtower found the scroll along with numerous other questions. For example, was 1914, 1925, and 1940 were part of the "increased knowledge" of the scroll? And did the scrolls reveal the truth about those "error filled Trinity translations"?

I don't know if your question is rhetorical or genuine. How can I know?

Quite genuine, but I'm not sure about KJW's response. Was he serious about the scrolls and if not, why mention them? Or was this just one of those patented responses that means everything and nothing that Witnesses are trained to give?

In short, I'm trying to get a substantive and reasoned response from KJW. I believe there's an implied obligation once a thread is started. His last response contained a lot more detail regarding his thinking which was encouraging.

kjw47

The book of Daniel is the scroll-- Not one on earth knew its secrets--Gods own angels desired to know Them as well. 1Peter 1:12)-- The book of Daniel holds the keys to unlocking the truths of revelation.
It kept satan and his angels in spiritual darkness, and yes mortals as well. But now in these last days--the truth is here now. Rejected by those living on old untrue teachings.
Satan tried his darndest to confuse mortals through the religion that came out of Rome, and its 33,000 branches of confusion. 1Cor 1:10, Mark 3:24-26)

The Gb did not unlock the secrets-- God did. Through the faithful and discreet slave( GB) who give food at the proper time.

kjw47

Every Israelite from Moses on up would denounce a trinity. Including Jesus--John 20:17, Rev 3:12-- you outright refuse to believe Jesus over dogma lies.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
@Oeste According to kjw47 "Jesus teachers" Daniel's scroll is another word for what he wrote that is now the Bible. It was in signs that he wrote and they believe that Jehovah has given their governing body insight into the meaning of the Bible's scriptures. And, only them, which is so very weird that I sometimes wonder if this life could be a dream.

So, they don't emulate Jesus in this respect who is said to have said, "Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me." which gives the impression that Jesus is able to actually communicate with the ones with whom he eats. They don't believe that. They seem to trust that wisdom along with the holy spirit is all they need to decide what any scripture means. And then, they change their minds. I like reading your posts @Oeste and I hope that you will continue writing, but, he is not listening. Mark 8:18 @kjw47 Jeremiah 5:21 Ezekiel 12:2

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The Gb did not unlock the secrets-- God did. Through the faithful and discreet slave( GB) who give food at the proper time.
Here you are saying that the food is something that God locked up. Nice god, that one < sarcasm

Oeste

1. Exactly what secrets were unlocked from the book of Daniel and divulged to the "faithful and discreet slave" that no one knew before?
2. Who exactly received this food? Was it the "class of 144,000" or the Governing Board?
3. If the Governing Board, when and how did they receive it?

Riders

Its not rare at all for God to speak and say this is my son or my daughter,others man Gods on earth including the son God have had the Son God look on his son and say something similar . Theres a lot of Gods Godesses sons out there very similar to Jesus, Jesus is a very common story.But sense I am Universalist Zen meditationist I believe in all the Gods and Godess including Jesus as one of the sons of Gods.

djhwoodwerks

The Gb did not unlock the secrets-- God did.

So, God unlocked the secrets of Daniel, gave your "real teachers" the wrong information (because it wasn't the proper time) and then showed them the real truth years later, when it was the proper time?

kjw47

Here you are saying that the food is something that God locked up. Nice god, that one < sarcasm

I Peter 1:12--Gods own angels wanted to know.
It kept satan and his angels in spiritual darkness so they couldn't twist it all into oblivion like he tried through the religion that came out of Rome and its 33,000 branches.
I see it weeded out many fakes as well.

kjw47

1. Exactly what secrets were unlocked from the book of Daniel and divulged to the "faithful and discreet slave" that no one knew before?
2. Who exactly received this food? Was it the "class of 144,000" or the Governing Board?
3. If the Governing Board, when and how did they receive it?

1) Daniel unlocked-REVELATION.
2)The GB
3) the holy spirit.

kjw47

I do but I dont think you do your version of the Gospel is wrong.

Actually The New world translation fixed the translating errors put in centuries ago by the religion that came out of Rome--Then had 34,000 branches pop off( Mark 3:24-26) = their destination.
A true mark--1Cor 1:10--unity of thought-NO division-- what don't they understand about this true mark??? It assures Jesus is with but ONE religion on this earth.

kjw47

So, God unlocked the secrets of Daniel, gave your "real teachers" the wrong information (because it wasn't the proper time) and then showed them the real truth years later, when it was the proper time?

Whenever God willed a truth known they received it. The whole world had 0 clue about the secrets of Daniel until these last days. Gods own angels desired to know those truths-1Peter 1:12)-- It weeded out out many fakes. God knows exactly what he is doing.