• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A question for people of all religions

belles90

My personal beliefs are long and complex to get into at the drop of a hat. I could try to say that they are most easily described as an amalgamation of panentheism, polytheism, and Neoplatonism philosophy, that I'm Pagan, I'm spiritual, and much more.

To make my point though, "Satan" is a character strictly held only to a certain mythology. There would be no reason for a Buddhist, a Taoist, a Hindu, an Animist, a Druid, a Wiccan, or so on and so forth to even entertain a thought about the character except on the very most hypothetical of conversations having nothing to do with their actual beliefs. Quite honestly, most actual religions don't have a belief in him.

Thanks so much for the reply.
What are your beliefs on why evil is allowed to exist in our world?

belles90

Deism. Basically the idea that a god was the spark that ignited the creation of the universe, and then abandoned it, stepping back and allowing the laws of science and nature to govern the world instead. So there are really no prayers, no holy books, no prophets, no messiahs, no priests, etc.

Interesting, thankyou! Do you believe that life has a purpose?

Draka

Wonder Woman
Well, seriously. "Allowed" to exist? The only ones to prevent "evil" would be us and we aren't doing a bang up job of it are we? and why is that? Because we just, as a species/culture/society just haven't evolved to pulling our collective heads out of our ape butts yet obviously. We have growing up to do.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
My question for people of all different religions is mostly about Satan, and why their God will not take responsibility for his existance.

If you consider for a moment with an open mind, you will see that to accept a devil who operates outside the will of God is to accept a God who isn't omnipotent. Obviously, this can't be. Nothing happens except through the will of God.

I have had answers previously about free will, but that is not my question.
God created all. Everything is in existence because God willed it. Including evil.
Some religions say that Satan created evil, but God created Satan, and for evil to be about, God must have known evil or it would not be here.
And if God knew of evil before creating this world, then is it not evil itself to create a world where he does not have to reside yet allows us, his creation, to live with it and deal with it as some kind of test to 'prove ourselves'.

I have also had people post scriptures as answers. I do not want to try to decipher scriptures, I would love some real life intelligent human perception on this.

How could christ suffer? suffer? Only the weak suffer.

belief will vanish when you sleep. If you believe Christ is God, that belief will vanish when you sleep. When you sleep, you are all atheists. Can't you see how fragile belief will vanish when you sleep.
belief in God is, that something so simple as sleep can wipe it out? But when I am truly found, sleep never steals me away. When I am within a man or a woman, I am there to stay.

I have found that some christians are quite judgemental and angry at me for asking these types of questions. People of religion who have thought deeply about these questions and found their own meaning are the people I would love to hear answers from.

Also I would like to know..All religions claim to be the true one, forsaking all other religions, even those with similar beliefs.
Does ancient history and small details really matter? Why would they not support eachother instead of blasting eachother and insisting theirs is infact the correct version? I see God as a metaphor for good and Satan as a metaphor for evil and as long as religion means practicing good, then why does it matter? Is it to do with financial benefits?

Basically I have no idea what you're talking about.

belles90

Technically, I'm a Theistic Satanist, among other things. So, yes, I do believe in a being/force/archetype that may be called Satan. But I reject pretty much everything Christianity says about itself and about Satan.

I have looked into afew types of religions, but never in to satanism (satanist?). Can you tell me what you believe in?
There is alot of negativity that surrounds satanists but I cant claim to know anything at all. Enlighten me?

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
I apologise if it sounded like an attack. I just assumed these forums were open for questions, debates, and different opinions.

These forums are for those things but it works better if you clarify what you want to discuss.

What religion do you belong to?

It's called Advaita an Asian Indian philosophy that believes in non-dualism that God and creation are not-two separate things. It probably sounds weird (as it originally did to me).

I guess my main question would be why evil is allowed to exist in this world?

The universe is a great cosmic play/drama of the Lord. He separates Himself from Himself and returns Himself to Himself. It ends in total victory but during this play there are many temporary joys and sorrows.

Do you believe in a God?

Yes, this is all God.

belles90

Well, seriously. "Allowed" to exist? The only ones to prevent "evil" would be us and we aren't doing a bang up job of it are we? and why is that? Because we just, as a species/culture/society just haven't evolved to pulling our collective heads out of our ape butts yet obviously. We have growing up to do.

I agree. Thankyou :)

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I have looked into afew types of religions, but never in to satanism (satanist?). Can you tell me what you believe in?
There is alot of negativity that surrounds satanists but I cant claim to know anything at all. Enlighten me?

I'm not going to explain all my beliefs to you. Ask specific question(s).

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
Ok. The ones I have looked into seem to have these beliefs.

Maybe a good start for you would be to look into the Universalist/Unitarian Church. There you can see more liberal thinking religionists and might expand your thinking and exposure.

Tabb

My question for people of all different religions is mostly about Satan, and why their God will not take responsibility for his existance.

If you consider for a moment with an open mind, you will see that to accept a devil who operates outside the will of God is to accept a God who isn't omnipotent. Obviously, this can't be. Nothing happens except through the will of God.

I have had answers previously about free will, but that is not my question.
God created all. Everything is in existence because God willed it. Including evil.
Some religions say that Satan created evil, but God created Satan, and for evil to be about, God must have known evil or it would not be here.
And if God knew of evil before creating this world, then is it not evil itself to create a world where he does not have to reside yet allows us, his creation, to live with it and deal with it as some kind of test to 'prove ourselves'.

I have also had people post scriptures as answers. I do not want to try to decipher scriptures, I would love some real life intelligent human perception on this.

How could christ suffer? suffer? Only the weak suffer.

belief will vanish when you sleep. If you believe Christ is God, that belief will vanish when you sleep. When you sleep, you are all atheists. Can't you see how fragile belief will vanish when you sleep.
belief in God is, that something so simple as sleep can wipe it out? But when I am truly found, sleep never steals me away. When I am within a man or a woman, I am there to stay.

I have found that some christians are quite judgemental and angry at me for asking these types of questions. People of religion who have thought deeply about these questions and found their own meaning are the people I would love to hear answers from.

Also I would like to know..All religions claim to be the true one, forsaking all other religions, even those with similar beliefs.
Does ancient history and small details really matter? Why would they not support eachother instead of blasting eachother and insisting theirs is infact the correct version? I see God as a metaphor for good and Satan as a metaphor for evil and as long as religion means practicing good, then why does it matter? Is it to do with financial benefits?

These are all great questions. The problem isn't your questions but who you ask for answers. You can't expect someone to give you a credible answer if by doing so it would create a crisis of faith. No you will always get answer from a theist that starts with an understanding that his faith in his religion is a given. An athiest would just use the conundrum of your questions as further proof of their positions. The only satisfactory answer to those questions can only come from you. It's the very essence of your beliefs.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
That is the answer that most people rely on. However that isnt the question. If God created all, then evil must have been known to him. Nothing in creation exists beyond gods will.

Yeah, well, a lot of people can't reconcile that idea, so, that's up to you I guess.

belles90

I'm not going to explain all my beliefs to you. Ask specific question(s).

Ok. Please forgive my ignorance on the subject of satanism, but...
What is your belief on the purpose of life?
Do you pray to an entity?
Do you believe in good and evil? If so, which do you practise?

belles90

These are all great questions. The problem isn't your questions but who you ask for answers. You can't expect someone to give you a credible answer if by doing so it would create a crisis of faith. No you will always get answer from a theist that starts with an understanding that his faith in his religion is a given. An athiest would just use the conundrum of your questions as further proof of their positions. The only satisfactory answer to those questions can only come from you. It's the very essence of your beliefs.

Thankyou that is an enlightening answer :)