• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A question for people of all religions

belles90

My question for people of all different religions is mostly about Satan, and why their God will not take responsibility for his existance.

If you consider for a moment with an open mind, you will see that to accept a devil who operates outside the will of God is to accept a God who isn't omnipotent. Obviously, this can't be. Nothing happens except through the will of God.

I have had answers previously about free will, but that is not my question.
God created all. Everything is in existence because God willed it. Including evil.
Some religions say that Satan created evil, but God created Satan, and for evil to be about, God must have known evil or it would not be here.
And if God knew of evil before creating this world, then is it not evil itself to create a world where he does not have to reside yet allows us, his creation, to live with it and deal with it as some kind of test to 'prove ourselves'.

I have also had people post scriptures as answers. I do not want to try to decipher scriptures, I would love some real life intelligent human perception on this.

How could christ suffer? suffer? Only the weak suffer.

belief will vanish when you sleep. If you believe Christ is God, that belief will vanish when you sleep. When you sleep, you are all atheists. Can't you see how fragile belief will vanish when you sleep.
belief in God is, that something so simple as sleep can wipe it out? But when I am truly found, sleep never steals me away. When I am within a man or a woman, I am there to stay.

I have found that some christians are quite judgemental and angry at me for asking these types of questions. People of religion who have thought deeply about these questions and found their own meaning are the people I would love to hear answers from.

Also I would like to know..All religions claim to be the true one, forsaking all other religions, even those with similar beliefs.
Does ancient history and small details really matter? Why would they not support eachother instead of blasting eachother and insisting theirs is infact the correct version? I see God as a metaphor for good and Satan as a metaphor for evil and as long as religion means practicing good, then why does it matter? Is it to do with financial benefits?

Triumphant_Loser

Libertarian Egalitarian
My question for people of all different religions is mostly about Satan, and why their God will not take responsibility for his existance.

If you consider for a moment with an open mind, you will see that to accept a devil who operates outside the will of God is to accept a God who isn't omnipotent. Obviously, this can't be. Nothing happens except through the will of God.

I have had answers previously about free will, but that is not my question.
God created all. Everything is in existence because God willed it. Including evil.
Some religions say that Satan created evil, but God created Satan, and for evil to be about, God must have known evil or it would not be here.
And if God knew of evil before creating this world, then is it not evil itself to create a world where he does not have to reside yet allows us, his creation, to live with it and deal with it as some kind of test to 'prove ourselves'.

I have also had people post scriptures as answers. I do not want to try to decipher scriptures, I would love some real life intelligent human perception on this.

How could christ suffer? suffer? Only the weak suffer.

belief will vanish when you sleep. If you believe Christ is God, that belief will vanish when you sleep. When you sleep, you are all atheists. Can't you see how fragile belief will vanish when you sleep.
belief in God is, that something so simple as sleep can wipe it out? But when I am truly found, sleep never steals me away. When I am within a man or a woman, I am there to stay.

I have found that some christians are quite judgemental and angry at me for asking these types of questions. People of religion who have thought deeply about these questions and found their own meaning are the people I would love to hear answers from.

Also I would like to know..All religions claim to be the true one, forsaking all other religions, even those with similar beliefs.
Does ancient history and small details really matter? Why would they not support eachother instead of blasting eachother and insisting theirs is infact the correct version? I see God as a metaphor for good and Satan as a metaphor for evil and as long as religion means practicing good, then why does it matter? Is it to do with financial benefits?

Because my god didn't create its own arch-enemy.

Draka

Wonder Woman
You will find, by asking this question "of all different religions", that you will most likely get many answers telling you that there is no such character as "Satan" in most religions. Also, that all religions don't claim to be the "true one" either.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
In the name of Christ, I refuse to be anti-gay. I refuse to be anti-feminist. I refuse to be anti-artificial birth control. I refuse to be anti-Democrat. I refuse to be anti-secular humanism. I refuse to be anti-science. I refuse to be anti-life.

You have a low, low view or religionists I see. I hope you realize many, many religionists nowadays don't hold the views you are trying to pin on them.

Triumphant_Loser

Libertarian Egalitarian
But I thought God created all?
Please elaborate....
Some religions claim satan was an angel of God's?

Satan doesn't exist in my religion. Neither do angels or demons. They are just characters that organized religion has used to personify the concepts of good and evil.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
In the name of Christ, I refuse to be anti-gay. I refuse to be anti-feminist. I refuse to be anti-artificial birth control. I refuse to be anti-Democrat. I refuse to be anti-secular humanism. I refuse to be anti-science. I refuse to be anti-life.

That's a quote from Anne Rice that she posted on her Facebook when she was talking about leaving the Catholic Church. Please provide sources for such things when you post them.

belles90

You have a low, low view or religionists I see. I hope you realize many, many religionists nowadays don't hold the views you are trying to pin on them.

That is why I am asking. I would like to hear all types of answers from people of different beliefs. Just because mine are different, does not mean I am not willing to hear others.
Thats what forums and discussions and debates are for.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
That is why I am asking. I would like to hear all types of answers from people of different beliefs. Just because mine are different, does not mean I am not willing to hear others.
Thats what forums and discussions and debates are for.

Your opening post just sounded like an attack on some people's belief.

You touched on such a wide range of things I wouldn't know where to start. Ask me about any one subject and I'll give you my thoughts....no, I don't believe in satan by the way

belles90

Your opening post just sounded like an attack on some people's belief.

You touched on such a wide range of things I wouldn't know where to start. Ask me about any one subject and I'll give you my thoughts....no, I don't believe in satan by the way

I apologise if it sounded like an attack. I just assumed these forums were open for questions, debates, and different opinions.
What religion do you belong to?
I guess my main question would be why evil is allowed to exist in this world? Do you believe in a God?

Draka

Wonder Woman
What are your person beliefs if you are willing to share?

My personal beliefs are long and complex to get into at the drop of a hat. I could try to say that they are most easily described as an amalgamation of panentheism, polytheism, and Neoplatonism philosophy, that I'm Pagan, I'm spiritual, and much more.

To make my point though, "Satan" is a character strictly held only to a certain mythology. There would be no reason for a Buddhist, a Taoist, a Hindu, an Animist, a Druid, a Wiccan, or so on and so forth to even entertain a thought about the character except on the very most hypothetical of conversations having nothing to do with their actual beliefs. Quite honestly, most actual religions don't have a belief in him.

Triumphant_Loser

Libertarian Egalitarian
Thankyou, great answer. What are your personal beliefs?

Deism. Basically the idea that a god was the spark that ignited the creation of the universe, and then abandoned it, stepping back and allowing the laws of science and nature to govern the world instead. So there are really no prayers, no holy books, no prophets, no messiahs, no priests, etc.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I am open to all types, not just christians. If you dont believe in Satan, please let me know your personal beliefs. Im interested in all.

Technically, I'm a Theistic Satanist, among other things. So, yes, I do believe in a being/force/archetype that may be called Satan. But I reject pretty much everything Christianity says about itself and about Satan.