• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A question for paranormal enthusiasts and skeptics

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
Since I joined religious forums over a year ago, I've noticed some curiosity in and skepticism toward the paranormal (ghosts, spirits, haunted places, and the afterlife). This interest, whether it be skepticism or curiosity, is encouraging to me because it has given me ample opportunities to discuss my personal paranormal encounters (both as a medium and a paranormal investigator), which I have done for months in both my own threads and in threads started by other members. I've started a few threads about the paranormal investigations I've done in different haunted places across the country, like the Old North Church in Boston, MA; the historic Ryman Auditorium in Nashville, TN; an old plantation house and property turned into a hotel resort in South Boston, VA; and the historic Crescent Spa & Hotel in Eureka Springs, AR, which is reputed to be the most haunted hotel in the country. I have, however, had a few dud investigations despite having had many successful ones over the years. I've had unsuccessful investigations because the spirits are erratic and don't always respond and answer inquiries. I realize that the spirits don't owe me anything and I'm on their home turf.

My question to both paranormal enthusiasts and skeptics alike is this: Has anyone ever taken part in a real-time investigation of a haunted location, whether they initiated it themselves or if expert paranormal investigators were in charge of the investigation?

I'm not talking about simply going to a suspected haunted location and taunting spirits to see if you get a response. I'm referring to a real investigation using conventional and cutting-edge ghost hunting tools (including but not limited to: a Kinect SLS Camera, a digital camera, a full-spectrum night vision camera, a thermal imaging device or scanner, a digital audio recorder, motion detectors and/or REM pods, and an Electromagnetic Field (EMF) Meter). Again, I'm referring to an actual investigation at a suspected haunted location.

If you have participated in a real-time paranormal investigation and if you're comfortable sharing your experience, then I would like to hear your story. You can either tell me about your experience in this thread or you can send me a private message. My inbox is open.

If you haven't and you might think you want to sometime in the near future, then I would like to offer you this advice as a seasoned paranormal investigator with fifteen years of experience. First, I strongly suggest against entering a suspected haunted area (such as an occupied or abandoned home or building) with an arrogant attitude and demanding that, if there are any spirits present, they manifest themselves for you or respond to your inquiries. You are entering the spirits' space and their home, and I can promise you that they won't appreciate it if you treat them with disrespect and provoke them to anger on their home turf. Second, you need to be aware that even if you are in a haunted location with a multitude of spirits, you may or may not get any responses from any spirits.

As I was saying, the spirits are erratic and don't always respond or answer questions, especially when given strict command orders or when being provoked. The area can be "dead" silent, or you might encounter such intense poltergeist and spirit activity that you flee through the front door or jump out of a window while screaming for your life. In either case, the experience will mentally scar you for the rest of your life. I strongly suggest caution when entering a suspected haunted place and that you treat the spirits with respect.

And even though I've never demanded a spirit for an answer or made a stern request for them to manifest themselves, and I've never provoked a spirit either, I don't always visually see and audibly hear spirits despite feeling the presence of spirits all around me. As a medium, I do have the ability to mentally visualize spirits, but there are instances when spirits don't want to be heard or seen by the living. I have traveled across the country to investigate several locations that have been reported to be haunted, and sometimes I will leave without any kind of tangible evidence documented with my ghost-hunting equipment and gear. I've also gone to various places that aren't reported to be haunted, and I was bombarded by spirits and witnessed poltergeist activity. Spirits truly are unpredictable.

Last edited:

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
My question to both paranormal enthusiasts and skeptics alike is this: Has anyone ever taken part in a real-time investigation of a haunted location, whether they initiated it themselves or if expert paranormal investigators were in charge of the investigation?
No, I haven't. I'll leave that to the experts and am happy to learn from and consider what they say. But maybe if a chance fell into my lap....

syo

I'm referring to a real investigation using conventional and cutting-edge ghost hunting tools (including but not limited to: a Kinect SLS Camera, a digital camera, a full-spectrum night vision camera, a thermal imaging device or scanner, a digital audio recorder, motion detectors and/or REM pods, and an Electromagnetic Field (EMF) Meter). Again, I'm referring to an actual investigation at a suspected haunted location.
Ghosts communicate with us as it is. Why the technology?

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
Ghosts communicate with us as it is. Why the technology?

The ghost hunting equipment and gear are used to document the presence of spirits and the poltergeist activity. And as I said more than once in my OP, the spirits can be erratic and they don't always respond or answer questions, especially if they are treated with disrespect and provoked. And as I said in my OP, there are instances when spirits don't want to be heard or seen by the living.

Reactions: syo

We Never Know

No Slack
Since I joined religious forums over a year ago, I've noticed some curiosity in and skepticism toward the paranormal (ghosts, spirits, haunted places, and the afterlife). This interest, whether it be skepticism or curiosity, is encouraging to me because it has given me ample opportunities to discuss my personal paranormal encounters (both as a medium and a paranormal investigator), which I have done for months in both my own threads and in threads started by other members. I've started a few threads about the paranormal investigations I've done in different haunted places across the country, like the Old North Church in Boston, MA; the historic Ryman Auditorium in Nashville, TN; an old plantation house and property turned into a hotel resort in South Boston, VA; and the historic Crescent Spa & Hotel in Eureka Springs, AR, which is reputed to be the most haunted hotel in the country. I have, however, had a few dud investigations despite having had many successful ones over the years. I've had unsuccessful investigations because the spirits are erratic and don't always respond and answer inquiries. I realize that the spirits don't owe me anything and I'm on their home turf.

I'm not talking about simply going to a suspected haunted location and taunting spirits to see if you get a response. I'm referring to a real investigation using conventional and cutting-edge ghost hunting tools (including but not limited to: a Kinect SLS Camera, a digital camera, a full-spectrum night vision camera, a thermal imaging device or scanner, a digital audio recorder, motion detectors and/or REM pods, and an Electromagnetic Field (EMF) Meter). Again, I'm referring to an actual investigation at a suspected haunted location.

If you have participated in a real-time paranormal investigation and if you're comfortable sharing your experience, then I would like to hear your story. You can either tell me about your experience in this thread or you can send me a private message. My inbox is open.

If you haven't and you might think you want to sometime in the near future, then I would like to offer you this advice as a seasoned paranormal investigator with fifteen years of experience. First, I strongly suggest against entering a suspected haunted area (such as an occupied or abandoned home or building) with an arrogant attitude and demanding that, if there are any spirits present, they manifest themselves for you or respond to your inquiries. You are entering the spirits' space and their home, and I can promise you that they won't appreciate it if you treat them with disrespect and provoke them to anger on their home turf. Second, you need to be aware that even if you are in a haunted location with a multitude of spirits, you may or may not get any responses from any spirits.

As I was saying, the spirits are erratic and don't always respond or answer questions, especially when given strict command orders or when being provoked. The area can be "dead" silent, or you might encounter such intense poltergeist and spirit activity that you flee through the front door or jump out of a window while screaming for your life. In either case, the experience will mentally scar you for the rest of your life. I strongly suggest caution when entering a suspected haunted place and that you treat the spirits with respect.

And even though I've never demanded a spirit for an answer or made a stern request for them to manifest themselves, and I've never provoked a spirit either, I don't always visually see and audibly hear spirits despite feeling the presence of spirits all around me. As a medium, I do have the ability to mentally visualize spirits, but there are instances when spirits don't want to be heard or seen by the living. I have traveled across the country to investigate several locations that have been reported to be haunted, and sometimes I will leave without any kind of tangible evidence documented with my ghost-hunting equipment and gear. I've also gone to various places that aren't reported to be haunted, and I was bombarded by spirits and witnessed poltergeist activity. Spirits truly are unpredictable.

"My question to both paranormal enthusiasts and skeptics alike is this: Has anyone ever taken part in a real-time investigation of a haunted location, whether they initiated it themselves or if expert paranormal investigators were in charge of the investigation?"

Nope but I think it would be interesting and fun to participate in one.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
Never anything even remotely scientific but I have found logical explanations for strange goings on. I feel my greatest achievement was the haunted house I lived in with my first wife. It had a verandah all the way around it and we would often hear slow footsteps on it of a night, I'd go and investigate and find nothing. It got so bad my wife didn't want to stay there on her own which was a problem because I worked a lot of night shift. Then one hot summer night I couldn't sleep and was sitting on the verandah, the dog started playing with her tennis ball and I thought... "I know that noise!". She was picking up the ball, lifting her head and flinging the ball backwards where it would bounce on the verandah. All ghost activity ceased upon confiscation of the tennis ball.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
Sgt. Pepper, I hope you don’t mind this, but I’m highlighting your thread for a skeptic to see; he may not respond….

@Valjean , if you think a god idea “lacks support”, then explain these experiences that Sgt. Pepper’s undergone. (And, throughout history, no doubt millions of others.)

Remember: to support your pov, you need all of them to be false. I just need one to be genuine.

syo

The ghost hunting equipment and gear are used to document the presence of spirits and the poltergeist activity. And as I said more than once in my OP, the spirits can be erratic and they don't always respond or answer questions, especially if they are treated with disrespect and provoked. And as I said in my OP, there are instances when spirits don't want to be heard or seen by the living.
So the machines give us a neutral approach. I see, thanks!

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
Sgt. Pepper, I hope you don’t mind this, but I’m highlighting your thread for a skeptic to see; he may not respond….

@Valjean , if you think a god idea “lacks support”, then explain these experiences that Sgt. Pepper’s undergone. (And, throughout history, no doubt millions of others.)

Remember: to support your pov, you need all of them to be false. I just need one to be genuine.

@Sgt. Pepper has stated many times that she will not debate her experiences. I think her wishes should be respected so I feel you have set him an impossible task.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
Never anything even remotely scientific but I have found logical explanations for strange goings on. I feel my greatest achievement was the haunted house I lived in with my first wife. It had a verandah all the way around it and we would often hear slow footsteps on it of a night, I'd go and investigate and find nothing. It got so bad my wife didn't want to stay there on her own which was a problem because I worked a lot of night shift. Then one hot summer night I couldn't sleep and was sitting on the verandah, the dog started playing with her tennis ball and I thought... "I know that noise!". She was picking up the ball, lifting her head and flinging the ball backwards where it would bounce on the verandah. All ghost activity ceased upon confiscation of the tennis ball.

I'm glad to hear that you were able to debunk the mysterious sounds that you and your first wife heard in your house. What would you have done, though, if you hadn't been able to rationally explain the mysterious noises? As a paranormal investigator myself, I feel that the most crucial responsibility for any serious paranormal investigator is to attempt to debunk any claims of poltergeist activity and debunk any possible evidence of spirits (like strange noises, digital photographs, recorded videos, or EVPs). As a medium, I can tell people all I want that I can see and hear spirits, but they won't believe me unless I can back up my claim with sufficient evidence.

For example, I might reveal to someone private information that only they and their deceased loved one knew or I might show them authentic, verifiable evidence I documented at a haunted location. Even though I'm well aware that I have the ability to see and hear spirits, there are times when I am unable to support my claims with concrete evidence documented by my ghost-hunting equipment.

During a paranormal investigation, I spend a lot of time trying to debunk any sound or other indication that might be paranormal. I want to be certain, without a shadow of a doubt, that the evidence I document is authentic and cannot be rationally refuted. I spend a lot of time scrutinizing the pictures I have taken at haunted locations, and I have a voice analyzer that I use whenever I listen to an EVP that I recorded on my digital recorder. I have a fair collection of high-tech equipment that I use during my paranormal investigations. I also vigorously test paranormal apps in my investigations as well. I also permit veteran paranormal investigators and skeptics that I personally know and trust to thoroughly analyze the paranormal evidence I document during my investigations. I permit these people critique my digital photographs, the SLS images, the thermal camera images, and all the EVPs I recorded on a digital audio recorder.

Last edited:

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.

I'm sorry, Hockey Cowboy, but debating isn't allowed in this particular forum, and I won't debate my experiences with other people.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

I played with the devils toy box and my sister played with oujia boards. Outside of a few paranoid scares and bumps in the nights , the reality was on how the imagination can run wild over every sound and sight that occurs.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
As every human was born a baby from microbial sperm and ovary. Self developed.

When you become an adult you choose by choice what you want to believe.

Science man with fake invention he built conjured actually owns said machine outside of known space time laws.

As cold metal to obtain machine is inside earth pressurised seams as cold metals...melt.

Hence using machines he says I'm communicating out of space time laws. As he is.

O earth is by planet moving on its space paths. Spinning.

We physically move out of space positions ourselves.

We use machines to record both voice image and sounds where we are in the space.

You reinherit that space where you had been previously recording. Hence you inherit the paranormal also. Was how it had been previously explained.

Science invention human controlled caused the paranormal.

Humans living a natural life get atmospheric recorded. As we see spirit wearing clothes of any era. As proof... yes a recording.

Reason..ice the saviour stated the saviour saved our life being attacked recorded by putting cooled water oxygenated to survive. Image and voice was hence in heavens.

Living alongside...term para with us.

Caused by human scientists.

Reason we know sperm ovary babies life by sex.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
I'm glad to hear that you were able to debunk the mysterious sounds that you and your first wife heard in your house. What would you have done, though, if you hadn't been able to rationally explain the mysterious noises? As a paranormal investigator myself, I feel that the most crucial responsibility for any serious paranormal investigator is to attempt to debunk any claims of poltergeist activity and debunk any possible evidence of spirits (like strange noises, digital photographs, recorded videos, or EVPs). As a medium, I can tell people all I want that I can see and hear spirits, but they won't believe me unless I can back up my claim with sufficient evidence.

For example, I might reveal to someone private information that only they and their deceased loved one knew or I might show them authentic, verifiable evidence I documented at a haunted location. Even though I'm well aware that I have the ability to see and hear spirits, there are times when I am unable to support my claims with concrete evidence documented by my ghost-hunting equipment.

During a paranormal investigation, I spend a lot of time trying to debunk any sound or other indication that might be paranormal. I want to be certain, without a shadow of a doubt, that the evidence I document is authentic and cannot be rationally refuted. I spend a lot of time scrutinizing the pictures I have taken at haunted locations, and I have a voice analyzer that I use whenever I listen to an EVP that I recorded on my digital recorder. I have a fair collection of high-tech equipment that I use during my paranormal investigations. I also vigorously test paranormal apps in my investigations as well. I also permit veteran paranormal investigators and skeptics that I personally know and trust to thoroughly analyze the paranormal evidence I document during my investigations. I permit these people critique my digital photographs, the SLS images, the thermal camera images, and all the EVPs I recorded on a digital audio recorder.

I can't answer your question because I've never had a mysterious situation that I could not resolve with a logical and natural cause. Other than some strange lights in the sky one night but that was about about 45 years ago so my memory of the incident is not very good.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member

This looks like a false dilemma. Unexplained doesn't = God, or the supernatural, nor does it mean unexplainable.
It's usually best to avoid positing causes till there's some evidence pointing in a particular direction.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
No, I haven't. I'll leave that to the experts and am happy to learn from and consider what they say. But maybe if a chance fell into my lap....

Nope but I think it would be interesting and fun to participate in one.

If you had the opportunity, which renowned haunted location (such as the Tower of London, the Winchester Mystery House, or the Gettysburg battlefield) would you like to investigate? I think these articles will help you if you need assistance making a decision: the 43 Most Haunted Places in the World and The 32 Most Haunted Places in America. The articles are a part of a private collection I've saved while researching for information on haunted places online. I have a bucket list of haunted places that I'd like to investigate.

Last edited:

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
If you had the opportunity, which renowned haunted location (such as the Tower of London, the Winchester Mystery House, or the Gettysburg battlefield) would you like to investigate? I think these articles will help you if you need assistance making a decision: the 43 Most Haunted Places in the World and The 32 Most Haunted Places in America. The articles are a part of a private collection I've saved while researching for information on haunted places online. I have a bucket list of haunted places that I'd like to investigate.
Gettysburg. I'm fascinated by ghosts and also the Civil War, A Win/Win for me!!

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
Gettysburg. I'm fascinated by ghosts and also the Civil War, A Win/Win for me!!

Gettysburg is one of the top five haunted locations on my bucket list that I want to go visit and investigate. I have investigated the Pea Ridge National Military Park in Arkansas (read here) several times in the past, so I would like to go and visit as well as investigate other Civil War battlefields, and Gettysburg is at the top of my list. I've already talked to my husband about going to Gettysburg some time.

Last edited:

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
I'd like to pose another all-inclusive general question.

Do you know of any paranormal groups who conduct expert paranormal investigations in your region?