• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A question about Jesus

jeff_sparta

Hi everyone.

I am not a cristian but i belive in jesus 100% ! I was wondering do cristians belive that Jesus is the son of God? i know that many do but im not sure to what degree, Cristans say that we are all God´s chilldren, but do you think Jesus is the son of God in a "real" way?.

How come most cristians when they whant to give thanks about something they say "thank Jesus"? instead of thanking God?.

And remember that i said i belive in Jesus 100% but my religion teaches me that there is only one God and that we should not put any asosiates with him and that everyone who he sends to teach us is a propthet and a messenger.

Peace!

Beta

The christian religion accepts Jesus as the Son of God and the express image of his Father the Creator Heb.1v2,3. In ages past God spoke to man through the Prophets who were drawn from among men. these were not sons born and begotten by God as was Jesus v1,v5,
The christian Bible was inspired by the only God the Creator who is above all false gods people happen to call their own.
In a lose sense we may all be children of God but we fall into 2 categories :
the obedient - and the disobedient who will not receive eternal life unless they repent.

Last edited:

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
This has been a problem for Christians and others since Christianity was formalized.
The early Church had an equal problem trying to reconcile God, The Holy Spirit and Jesus. As some people do today.
They knew there was only One God, as did the Jews before them and the Muslims later. The Trinity was the only solution they could come up with that matched the facts as they understood them.

There have been various other interpretations that have come up over time. Perhaps one of the main ones was established by the Unitarians… The first of their churches were called Presbyterian as the elders were elected by the members. They denied the Trinity, but followed the teachings of Jesus.
After 1813 and the Unitarian relief act, there were no longer any penalties for denying the Trinity in the UK. and many such Presbyterian churches added Unitarian to their name.
In time the word Presbyterian fell into disuse.

Since then most Unitarians have joined with universalists to become Unitarian Universalism. In which most congregations are not necessarily Christian.

Another Branch of the restored Christian faith who do not follow the Trinity teachings are the Latter day Saints ( Mormons)

Last edited:

Beta

Why single out the Trinity ? TRADITIONAL christianity is just that , since they follow traditions of men instead of Godly instructions. Where in the Bible do we read about observing xmas, easter, infant baptism, sunday observance, lent,etc.etc. Taking the name of Christ and applying it to your own opinions is far from 'christian'.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
Why single out the Trinity ? TRADITIONAL christianity is just that , since they follow traditions of men instead of Godly instructions. Where in the Bible do we read about observing xmas, easter, infant baptism, sunday observance, lent,etc.etc. Taking the name of Christ and applying it to your own opinions is far from 'christian'.

The trinity is indeed not the only problem for some christians
This is what the nonsubscribing Presbyterians say...

We declare allegiance to the principle that:
    • the teaching of Christ must take precedence over the doctrines of a later time, and
    • Christian unity is to be sought, not in the uniformity of creed but in a common standard of duty and adherence to the commandments set out in the Holy Bible.
OUR FAITH
    • is governed by the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments of the Holy Bible
    • asserts and upholds the right of each and every individual to search these scriptural records for themselves and to use reason and personal conscience to discover God’s Divine Truth
    • removes Human Tests and Confessions of Faith that restrict private judgement and prevent free enquiry
upholds the beautiful simplicity of the great commandments as defined by Jesus Christ: “You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul and all your mind” and “You must love your neighbour as yourself”

Liberal Christian Thought
The Non-Subscribing Presbyterian Church of Ireland is a small but significant denomination with a historical witness to liberal Christianity. Although a separate denomination in its own right, it has no exact parallel with any other church outside Ireland and may best be understood in relation to Irish Presbyterianism, within which tradition it had its origins and with which it still retains a deep affinity.
Respect for All
We belong to a friendly church which regards all people with respect. Ministers of other churches are, by our constitution, welcome to join in Communion and to occupy our pulpits.
Agreement among Christians of every detail of doctrine is not necessary to the acceptable practice of faith and true unity is to be sought, not in the uniformity of creed but in a common standard of righteousness and obedience to the commandments which Christ has laid down.
In the Non-Subscribing Presbyterian Church respect for all is reflected in the diverse character of the Ministers and their congregations as well as the unique expression of each person’s Faith.
Free Enquiry
The principles of free enquiry and love of liberty have bound the leaders together over the years to minister to the spiritual wants of the many and aid the spread of true religion and just freedom among succeeding generations of worshippers.
We believe that it is the inalienable right of every Christian to search the Scriptures and, with prayerful consideration, to seek the will of God through lives of discipleship.
Faith Guided by Reason and Conscience
We hold that Scripture is the only rule of faith and duty under the teaching of Christ. We accept the guidance of our reason and conscience and we believe that human creeds and confessions restrict the sacred rights of private judgement which is a fundamental principle of the Reformation.

RomCat

Phillip! Phillip! How can thou say
to me "Show us the Father."
Dost thou not believe that I am in
the Father; and the Father is in me?
He who sees me, sees the Father.
The Father and I are One.
Jesus Of Nazareth

Dunemeister

Hi everyone.

I am not a cristian but i belive in jesus 100% ! I was wondering do cristians belive that Jesus is the son of God? i know that many do but im not sure to what degree, Cristans say that we are all God´s chilldren, but do you think Jesus is the son of God in a "real" way?

"Son of God" is not literal. Rather, it's an expression that denotes a special relationship to God. The phrase "THE Son of God" (with definite article) has messianic overtones, although "son of God" and "messiah" are not synonymous.

How come most cristians when they whant to give thanks about something they say "thank Jesus"? instead of thanking God?

Sometimes we say "Jesus" and sometimes we say "God." When we say "God" we generally mean "God the Father." Jesus is divine in the same sense that the Father is divine, so it is appropriate to thank Jesus the same way we would the Father.

And remember that i said i belive in Jesus 100% but my religion teaches me that there is only one God and that we should not put any asosiates with him and that everyone who he sends to teach us is a propthet and a messenger.

Well, Christians agree that there is one and only one God.

ayani

Jeff ~

the Bible does say that Jesus is the Son of God, in part through His virgin birth.

according to the Gospels, Jesus was conceived by the Holy Spirit, not a human father. so Jesus' Father is God Himself.

Jesus also reveals in John's Gospel that He existed in and with the Father before the world was made, and that whoever has seen Him, has seen the Father.

it is written in Colossians 1:19-20 of Jesus that :

For God was pleased to have all His fullness dwell in Him (Jesus), and through Him to reconcile to Himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through His blood, shed on the cross.

in other words through Jesus the fullness of God's divinity and personality became incarnate and dwelt among us. so it is correct to say that Jesus is God, even while He is disctinct from and under the Father.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Hi everyone.
Hi yourself, Jeff!

I am not a cristian but i belive in jesus 100% ! I was wondering do cristians belive that Jesus is the son of God?
I believe it because that's what the Bible teaches.

i know that many do but im not sure to what degree, Cristans say that we are all God´s chilldren, but do you think Jesus is the son of God in a "real" way?.
I believe that we are all the spirit offspring (i.e. sons and daughters) of God, and that He is the Father of our spirits. While He is also the Father of Jesus' spirit, the Bible teaches that Jesus Christ is the "Only Begotten Son" of God. For this reason, I believe that Jesus has a literal Father-Son relationship to God. He was born the Son of a divine Father and a mortal Mother, meaning that God is every bit as much Jesus' "real Father" as Mary is His "real mother."

How come most cristians when they whant to give thanks about something they say "thank Jesus"? instead of thanking God?.
I don't pray to Jesus, because Jesus told us, both through His example and by instruction, to pray to "our Father in Heaven." That's what I do, but because I believe Jesus to be our mediator with our Father in Heaven, I close my prayers by saying "in the name of Jesus Christ."

I also believe in only one God, but I interpret this somewhat differently than you do. First of all, I believe that God the Father is supreme. He is not only my God; He is also Jesus' God (as well as His Father). I believe that Jesus holds a place of subordination to His Father, but sits at His Father's right side and has been given all His Father has. I also see the word "Godhead" as a synonym for "God" and understand that the Son of God and the Holy Ghose are a part of the Godhead. When referring only to the Supreme Being (i.e. "God"), the word "God" is a singular noun. When referring to the Father, Son and Holy Ghost, the word "God" is a collective noun meaning Godhead.

Why don't you just say you're a Muslim? We'll welcome you here just the same.

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
..the Bible does say that Jesus is the Son of God...
Actually the Bible states that Jesus is God's "begotten" Son. If you are not sure that means He is an actual son refer to this use of begotten concerning Isaac's relationship to Abraham, "By faith Abraham, when he was tried, offered up Isaac: and he that had received the promises offered up his only begotten son," Hebrews 11:17

Shamuwn

Did The Self A Claim Apostel Paul Gentiles , really believe Yashu'a , Isa , Jesus was the Father and the Son ? No ! and if you read the first 4 Verses of any so-called books of Self A Claim Apostel Paul , in the Second Testament , in what they call the New Testament you will see for yourself such as ; Roman 1 ; 1 , Paul , a servant of Jesus Christ , called to be an apostle . separated unto the gospel of God .

These are the books or ( Letters ) attributed to Paul ;
Acts ( written by Paul )
Romans ( written by Tertius )
1Corinthians ( written by Paul and Sosthenes )
2Corinthians ( written by Paul and Timothy )
Galatians ( Paul )
Ephesians ( written by a nameles follower of Paul )
Philipians ( written by Timothy )
Colossians ( written by Timothy )
1Thessalonians ( written by Timothy )
2Thessalonians ( written by Silvanus and Timothy )
1Timothy ( written by Timothy's father )
2Timothy ( written by Timothy's father )
Titus ( written by an unknown author , but not by Paul )
Philemon ( written by Paul and Timothy )
Hebrew - - - ( written by Apollos )

All of these Letters start off with Yashu'a , Isa , Jesus As The Son Of The Father , Never The Father or The Most High God , that was added later ny the Romans for their God Jupiter and Zeus ( Belos ) for the Greek , The '' J '' was for Jupiter and eus is Zeus , J - esus , giving you the name '' Jesus ''

In fact , when you look in Acts 14 ; 1 , they show how they used Greek and Roman gods in the image of the beast and the Akumeem '' Greek gentiles '' and the Goyeem '' Gentile Jews '' both believed . And it came to pass in Iconium , that they went both together into the synagogue of the Jews ( Goyeem ) , and so spake , that a great multitude both of the Jews ( Goyeem ) and also of the Greeks ( Akumeem ) believed .

This is the origin of the Canaanites , gentile god , their image , which they call an '' Icon '' which comes from the Greek word eikon and is the root for the word Iconium found in the Holy Bible . they call them '' Icon '' in the Church so they don't have to use image or idols which are both wrong according to the Holy Bible Exodus 20 ; 4 ' Thou shalt not make unto thee any ( graven image ) , or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above , or that is in the earth beneath , or that is in the water under the earth ;

These Greek and Roman deities that you are unknowingly worshipping are not in the image and likeness of the Elohyeem '' Gods , Judges , Angels whose image and likeness you created Adam in , as sons of Elohyeem '' Gods , Judges , Angels '' as the '' we '' and '' us '' of both The Holy Bible Psalm 82 ; 6 and The Noble's Koran 15 ; 26 stop worshipping them Revelation 13 ; 4 and their image Revelation 13 ; 15 , And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast , that the image if the beast should both speak , and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed . .

godnotgod

Thou art That
Cristans say that we are all God´s chilldren, but do you think Jesus is the son of God in a "real" way?.

"Jesus" represents the intermediary between the spirit and the flesh. He is a device by which Christians can then say: "God is not just a sheet-cloaked gaseous vertebrate with a white beard floating in the heavens, but a real flesh and blood deity that walks amongst us.

"See me. Feel me. Touch me. Heal me"

Because Christianity is in the child stage of development, an invisible, silent, odorless, nameless, distant, and nameless God simply will not do in order to calm the fear and anxiety one feels about one's unknown origin and destiny. If anything, the invisible heavenly God alone only serves to add even more terror into our lives. Our parents are mortal and temporary. They also will not do. A surrogate comforting parent coming from the world of eternity, but one that is tangible and human-like is what is needed, and Jesus fills the bill.

"And the Word was made Flesh, and dwelt amongst us."

"Comfort ye, comfort ye my people, saith your God."

It is through his flesh and spirit that Christians feel they can connect to the Father (ie: Heaven):

"No one comes to the Father but through me"

The child-stage Christian interprets everything via of the flesh.

There had to be pain and suffering via of the Crucifixion in order for him to truly believe, clinching Jesus's "authenticity" with the idea of a physical Resurrection.

Kind of like when a Mexican bites a gold piece in order to confirm that it really is gold.

Remember Jesus commanding Thomas to put his hand into his wounds in order to confirm who he was.

Man had to see, with his own eyes, the body of Jesus hanging from the cross in order to confirm that the debt of Original Sin had indeed been paid via of the ultimate sacrificial host, in the form of a human being; that physical pain had been endured.

That is how a child thinks.

It is all about the flesh. On Judgment Day, the corpses of every single man, woman, and child who has ever lived will come flying out of their graves, bones a'jangling, in order to be sentenced and directed to their respective destinies, either to endure an eternity of extreme physical agony, or extreme physical ecstasy in some Heaven or Hell. Heavenly food will make the taste buds to explode with every bite, while the flesh will slowly be roasted over and over again in some forgotten Hell.

Christianity is a religion of extremes. It never understood the balanced Buddhist view of the Sweet Middle Way.

No, Jesus is not the Son of God at all, but the son of Man. In short he is an external symbol of who man really is. The figure crucified upon the cross is really a symbol of who man is inside. He is a projection of the internal suffering of mankind. But it goes further than that, because he is not only a figure of man's physical suffering, but of man's spiritual suffering, his Metaphysical Distress over his own ignorance about his true nature. Man does not know that he himself is God. He is in denial. And so, he creates, in a roundabout way, a scenario by which he can re-connect to "God". Buddhists call this "the long way home." He creates the idea that man is flesh and God is spirit, and that they are separated by Sin, and that he must somehow be reunited with God when, in reality, man and his divine nature have never, ever been separated even for one nano-second. A child in the dark is fearful and cannot see correctly.

It is all in his child's mind.

What he needs is the Light in order to see that he has never been separated from the One Source at all.

:D

"Oh, Lord, let not my gaze be too high nor too low, but fixed on that thin line of the horizon that separates Heaven from Earth."
Sufi saying

Last edited:

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
I was wondering do cristians belive that Jesus is the son of God?
Because He is referred to as the "only begotten" of the Father in the Bible.

Cristans say that we are all God´s chilldren, but do you think Jesus is the son of God in a "real" way?
Yes, Jesus is the son of God in a "real" way. Mary was Jesus' "real" mother. God was Jesus' "real" Father.

How come most cristians when they whant to give thanks about something they say "thank Jesus"? instead of thanking God?
I don't know. Jesus told us to pray to "our Father in Heaven." That's what I do. Of course, unlike a lot of Christians, I actually believe our Father in Heaven is "in Heaven." Silly me.

There is only one Eternal Father, and Jesus is not Him. Jesus is His Son, though, and is "one" with His Father in terms of will, purpose, mind and heart. On the other hand, Jesus also told us that His Father is greater than He is, so that's what I believe.

godnotgod

Thou art That
Yes, Jesus is the son of God in a "real" way. Mary was Jesus' "real" mother. God was Jesus' "real" Father.

Will you kindly clarify something for me?

You make the above statement as if it were fact, but what you actually mean is that it is only what you believe, correct?

Otherwise, what convincing proof do you have that demonstrates that your statement is true beyond doubt?

Chason

Hi everyone.

I am not a cristian but i belive in jesus 100% ! I was wondering do cristians belive that Jesus is the son of God? i know that many do but im not sure to what degree, Cristans say that we are all God´s chilldren, but do you think Jesus is the son of God in a "real" way?.

Peace!

We thank Jesus, but also we thank God. At the same time. How do we do this? Jesus is God. The Bible doesn't say that Jesus is God's accomplice, in fact, Colossians 1:15 says that Jesus is the "visible image of the invisible God."

To illustrate this point further, I have an analogy from God's sovereign work.

Do you agree that you are three beings in one? You are your Soul (Mind.) Body and Spirit.

Do you agree that you are created in God's image?

What is God's image?

Soul (The God head.) Body (The Christ.) Spirit (The Holy Spirit.)

As we are three things in one, so is our God.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Hi everyone.

Peace!

Adam is listed as the first son of God.
Jesus was declared a son of God, by a Voice heard and witnessed at the baptism of Jesus.
And you declare yourself a son of God when you recite the Lord's Prayer.

You say you believe in Jesus.
Do you know His parables?
He spoke as if this would be required.

Mikael

I say that according to tantric principle we reach god/truth by identification with the same. As we are human beings it is extremely difficult to identify with the formless, all embracing power that we call God. So Jesus, also a human being, steps in and says "Only through me...", and by making himself the perfect example of compassion and renunciation of worldly garbage he shows us that "through-way". He says "One who belives in me...", and this clearly means for us to truly belive in his WAYS and to belive WHAT HE SAYS as being true. Not nessecarily that we must belive IN him as a deity.