• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A new world

King Phenomenon

When Europeans came to North America and brought diseases that killed 90% of native Americans could that have been prevented by giving them medicine?

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Much of it was unintentional but there definitely were deliberate attempts to infect and kill. Biowarfare has existed for as long as we've known dirty blades kill people more efficiently, which is why many smeared feces on their blades.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
When you take into account how much the smallpox epidemic alone devastated the much larger empires of the Aztec's and Inca (which were still natives of North and Central America) it's more believable.
https://www.historyhit.com/europeans-smallpox-and-the-americas/
the combined death toll of these epidemics in the Americas is thought to have killed roughly 90% of the native population in less than 100 years, making it one of the most deadly outbreaks in history.

King Phenomenon

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
When you take into account how much the smallpox epidemic alone devastated the much larger empires of the Aztec's and Inca (which were still natives of North and Central America) it's more believable.
IF what you say is true AND Europeans bringing smallpox to US, caused 90% of all killed Aztecs and Incas THEN smallpox virus seems to be 1000 times more deadly then Covid.

Thank God, God did not give us a smallpox virus this time

stvdv

I think this scenario makes more sense

By the close of the Indian Wars in the late 19th century, fewer than 238,000 Indigenous people remained, a sharp decline from the estimated 5 million to 15 million living in North America when Columbus arrived in 1492.
Maybe smallpox killed the remaining 238,000 after guns killed the 15 million

Humans are well known for killing others, I don't see why it would be suddenly smallpox doing the killing in this case, esp. knowing the stories about killings that did happen over there

And the white thought of the natives as being animals, so probably these natives carried plenty of viruses themselves. I just wonder why those viruses did not wipe out the whites

Just does not add up your version IMO

Of course its not something to be proud of, so blaming it on smallpox is more convenient. The same with the Dutch killing in Indonesia and other places.

Humans are known for cruelty and killing. Some even claim Holocaust never happened. I don't buy such stories.

Last edited:

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
When Europeans came to North America and brought diseases that killed 90% of native Americans could that have been prevented by giving them medicine?

Nope. Aside from the fact that medicines for such diseases had yet to be formulated, I just learned in another thread that diseases are only cured by God's grace.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
America.

A crime A.

Life was taken over as country nation DNA owner.

A story asking a question...who do you think you are?

Every nation lived on its own land.

Our DNA country orientated.

Each one group a family. Each families nation special one and unique.

Our great earth family history.

About time you reckoned who you actually represent as a unique family member.

Heyo

Veteran Member
IF what you say is true AND Europeans bringing smallpox to US
In there lies your error. The Europeans never brought smallpox to the US. (Besides from the US not existing at the time.) Columbus never reached the North American mainland and except from some coastal explorers, neither did any other Europeans. Settlements on the North American continent (as opposed to the islands) started over 100 years after Columbus. At that time smallpox had already travelled from South and Meso America and killed ~ 90% of then living natives.

stvdv

In there lies your error. The Europeans never brought smallpox to the US.
Someone else claimed Europeans brought smallpox to US

I replied IF what you say is true AND...

So, Not "my error", as I clearly said IF...AND