• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A must see for Christians concerning Allah

xkatz

Informative video. I wonder though if Maimonides' verdict on praying in a mosque is still considered valid (I don't see why not, however).

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Yes thats a very good explanation.

But the only thing i disagree with is using Allah as a personal name. We know what Gods personal name is in the hebrew scriptures, we may not be able to pronounce it correctly, but we still know what the consonants of that name is and its most definitely different to the consonants for 'GOD'

but it was a good explanation he gave. I didnt actually know there were Evangelical christians who claimed that 'Allah' means devil.

Jontehs

Premium Member
Well i agree with everything that he is said even if i understand why some Christians don't believe that Allah is the same god as they worship

Glow

Agonizing Demise
Yes thats a very good explanation.

But the only thing i disagree with is using Allah as a personal name. We know what Gods personal name is in the hebrew scriptures, we may not be able to pronounce it correctly, but we still know what the consonants of that name is and its most definitely different to the consonants for 'GOD'

but it was a good explanation he gave. I didnt actually know there were Evangelical christians who claimed that 'Allah' means devil.

Well, at least we can all agree that God's personal name isn't " Jehovah " ... ;)

Vendetta

"Oscar the grouch"
Well regardless what God's personal name is a Jew confirms through demonstration that Allah is still referenced to the same God Jews worship and the same God Jesus prayed to.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Why would a one and only god have a need for a specific name? It's silly how we portray god as a great ape just like us.

Vendetta

"Oscar the grouch"
I agree. However I believe its natural humans need to name stuff. Helps with cataloging stuff for proper referencing.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I agree. However I believe its natural humans need to name stuff. Helps with cataloging stuff for proper referencing.

I understand that. I meant the notion that god has a "one, true name." What need would god have to name himself? I think a lot of religions have a "my culture and language is closer to god than yours is" attitude, which is simply a silly attempt to portray god in their own image.

Vendetta

"Oscar the grouch"
I understand that. I meant the notion that god has a "one, true name." What need would god have to name himself? I think a lot of religions have a "my culture and language is closer to god than yours is" attitude, which is simply a silly attempt to portray god in their own image.

True which is a severe turn off to me

Bismillah

Submit
Why would a one and only god have a need for a specific name? It's silly how we portray god as a great ape just like us.
Haven't heard of too many people claiming that there is only one name for Allah.

Vendetta

"Oscar the grouch"
I have to agree and correct me if I am wrong Bismillah but in the Holy Quran does it not say and I quote "to Allah belong the most beautiful names?"

Bismillah

Submit
Yes you are indeed correct Vendetta

Allah is He, other than Whom there is no other god;
Who knows both what is hidden and what can be witnessed;
He is the Most Compassionate and Merciful.
Allah is He, other than Whom there is no other god;
the Sovereign, the One, the Source of Peace,
the Guardian of Faith, the Preserver of Security,
the Exalted, the Compelling, the Supreme.
Glory be to God, beyond any associations.
He is Allah, the Creator, the Evolver, the Bestower of Form.
To Him belong the Most Beautiful Names:
Whatever exists in heaven and earth declares His Praise and Glory.
And He is Exalted in Power, the Wise. [Qur'an 59:22]

A relevant verse from the Qur'an that speaks on the issue.

Invoke God, or invoke the Most Gracious:
by whichever name you invoke Him,
He is always the One -- for His are all the attributes of perfection. [Qur'an 17:110]

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One

If his angels have names, and even the stars he created have names...why wouldn't he?
Psalm 147:4 He is counting the number of the stars;
All of them he calls by [their] names.

Last edited:

Vendetta

"Oscar the grouch"
I have heard the argument that anything other than Jehovah is not a true name. This New confirms that Allah is the God of Israel so the question is why aren't other Christians taking notice? Also, why aren't other Christians acknowledging that Arab Christians called God Allah as well?

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
I have heard the argument that anything other than Jehovah is not a true name. This New confirms that Allah is the God of Israel so the question is why aren't other Christians taking notice? Also, why aren't other Christians acknowledging that Arab Christians called God Allah as well?

I think most people know that Islam is an Abrahamic religion...if they deny that Allah means God, then they are speaking in ignorance

with regard to Jehovah, that is the name most recognized and widely used in the christian world...that name is found on old churches going back many centuries. One inscription of the name over the entrance of the choir room of St. Mary’s Cathedral is “JEHOVA” and dates back to 1614. So thats why we use it in that form...its been the most widely used and the most recognizable form of the name in english.

Vendetta

"Oscar the grouch"
I think most people know that Islam is an Abrahamic religion...if they deny that Allah means God, then they are speaking in ignorance

with regard to Jehovah, that is the name most recognized and widely used in the christian world...that name is found on old churches going back many centuries. One inscription of the name over the entrance of the choir room of St. Mary’s Cathedral is “JEHOVA” and dates back to 1614. So thats why we use it in that form...its been the most widely used and the most recognizable form of the name in english.

I see. Thanks for the info.