• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A Mission Statement

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Hello.

I have been wondering about whether and to which extent I should participate in this area.

I'm fairly certain that I am not the only one.

So I am asking for help. Would you like to give me some pointers on the matter?

Maybe even go all the way and propose a Mission Statement of some sort for the Feminist Only area? Something that people like me can read and use as a guide to decide whether I have something to contribute by actually participating in the discussions?

What do you think?

Alceste

Vagabond
It's just a DIR for people who self-identify as feminists. If you haven't decided whether or not you're a feminist, tread lightly. If you're definitely not a feminist, don't post. That's all there is to it. :)

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Many areas do have a sticky that provides an overview of what the DIR is about. For example:
Buddhism Overview

Many of them are just from old wikipedia pages, though. The Political Only areas tend not to have a stickied overview, though realistically, they might need one even more than the religious DIRs do. For example, "liberalism" can mean very different things in different contexts.

It probably wouldn't hurt to have a good stickied overview in this section describing feminism, some of the core ideas, history, waves, perhaps with some resource links.

It can also serve as something that staff members can point to if a member disagrees with whether it's okay for them to post in the DIR.

Alceste

Vagabond
Many areas do have a sticky that provides an overview of what the DIR is about. For example:
Buddhism Overview

Many of them are just from old wikipedia pages, though. The Political Only areas tend not to have a stickied overview, though realistically, they might need one even more than the religious DIRs do. For example, "liberalism" can mean very different things in different contexts.

It probably wouldn't hurt to have a good stickied overview in this section describing feminism, some of the core ideas, history, waves, perhaps with some resource links.

It can also serve as something that staff members can point to if a member disagrees with whether it's okay for them to post in the DIR.

Sure, why not? I just have a little bit of trouble imagining what it should say. :)