• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A little update on my health.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
After some difficult time i chose to call my theraphist this morning, and explaining my current issue, and yes I mentioned RF since I am often online. I mentioned my returning outburst at members and even staff.
Well he was not impressed by my behavior, but gave a clear answer to my thoughts of maybe leaving RF for good.
Well, that ain't gonna happen, because my theraphist thinking that its good that I get exposed to critique, get exposed to stress (yes I do get stressed in RF)

And I have now a place to call for help before I lashing out in members of RF.

So I hope this week will be good.
Always remind yourself that anger is a choice.
Handling even more so.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Handling even more so.

Very zen of you (and I mostly agree).
One of my favourite authors saw it as a creative force, which is an interesting take;

Genuine anger was one of the world’s great creative forces. But you had to learn how to control it. That didn’t mean you let it trickle away. It meant you dammed it, carefully, let it develop a working head, let it drown whole valleys of the mind and then, just when the whole structure was about to collapse, opened a tiny pipeline at the base and let the iron-hard stream of wrath power the turbines of revenge.

Wyrd Sisters, Terry Pratchett

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Handling even more so.
It is my experience that given the right triggering event, going from a relatively calm state to anger can be very easily accomplished, but going back to the calm state while the triggering event is still present in the memory is very difficult to accomplish.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It is my experience that given the right triggering event, going from a relatively calm state to anger can be very easily accomplished, but going back to the calm state while the triggering event is still present in the memory is very difficult to accomplish.
Sometimes it’s easy.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Sometimes it’s easy.

I seldom have trouble with it. It takes me awhile to anger, but when I do I stomp and shout, and then suddenly deflate, go back to normal, and ask the offender if they'd like to go grab some ice cream.

Confuses the heck out of people...

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I seldom have trouble with it. It takes me awhile to anger, but when I do I stomp and shout, and then suddenly deflate, go back to normal, and ask the offender if they'd like to go grab some ice cream.

Confuses the heck out of people...
Wimins...you excel at sowing confusion.
A recent story behind that.
Unsure about sharing.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Wimins...you excel at sowing confusion.
A recent story behind that.
Unsure about sharing.

Eh, I don't think its so confusing. Just laziness. Staying mad takes way too much energy...

If the person is really that offensive, I'll still drop the anger, and go out for ice cream by myself.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Eh, I don't think its so confusing. Just laziness. Staying mad takes way too much energy...

If the person is really that offensive, I'll still drop the anger, and go out for ice cream by myself.
As long as it isn't mint chocolate chip, I approve.