• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A gap in Genesis

Cateau

Giovanni Pico & Della Barba Devotee
In the war in heaven - Satan wanted to eliminate pain by taking away everyone's free agency. He promised to save everyone at the expense of no one being able to choose anything for themselves. Satan wanted to glorify himself and pretty much make the rest of us mindless slaves. God's plan was to allow all of the spirits the choice to come to Earth, the choice to experience life with the good and the bad - and then after we had the experience to make an informed choice on everything, we could then choose the path of God/Love/sacrifice/Faith , or after this life we can also choose not to follow God.

Kind of like asking "would you rather eat a Kiwano or a Durian?" It's impossible to make a choice if you have never tasted them - you can listen to what others say about it, see what the things look like - but until you put them in your mouth and chew, and have the real ability to choose either of them - then it's impossible to know.... Until gaining a body, and actually experiencing both good and bad, that is what puts all of us in the position to make an informed decision on how we really want to spend eternity.

I don't believe in an infinite number of lives - just one life here in mortality, the basic progression is:

Spirits choose to either follow Satan or become children of God in premortal life → spirits who choose to follow God are born on Earth to gain a physical body and experience good and evil → pass back into the spiritual realm to temporary state of prison/paradise (those who gained a tesimony in this life, vs. those who are still learning and still need to be baptized) → resurrected into one of three kingdoms - Sun, moon, stars - 1Cor15, or not resurrected (outer darkness )

There is a veil between this life and the premortal world so that we do not remember before our birth. Part of this life is a test, to see what we would do on our own, what our true nature is under it all, and we need to be on our own for a bit to unveil this part of ourselves. The highest degrees of glory include becoming responsible for taking other spirits through their own journey which is not something you would want entrusted to just anyone...

I'm not sure about golems - have to ask someone who is Jewish about that. I really like the Bhagavad-Gita too -

D&C 93:29 – Man was also in the beginning with God. Intelligence, or the light of truth, was not created or made, neither indeed can be.
The Bhagavad Gita – There never has been a time when you . . . have not existed, nor will there be a time when we will cease to exist.The body is mortal, but he who dwells in the body is immortal and immeasurable.

I don't know what foods those are. But now that is for sure a misunderstanding on account of no one cannot follow god as in choose satan, b/c everyone who doesn't is destroyed. The Malachim don't get a second shot, arnt we instead kinda gonna be replacing the ones who are gonna die? Because "over there" we won't have kids or be given into marriage just like they are now (the ones who didn't fall). They are a diff "species" so to say it's us just come to pass the test of choosing who we want to serve doesn't make sense. I think you crossed the fine line between brilliance and insanity my friend. I rlly think He is speaking about Himself as the Spirit in us and we are souls because to say we were in the beginning is putting us at par with Him thus exalting ourselves.... committing the same mistake as Lucifer. Most Gnostic Hollywood movies (like all of em) portray peace and a good govt. or eden As super bland state and sin as the "paprika" that made everything great....which is a blatant lie. You can't just be like oh no I want "boring" back u go for ur paprika....it can't coexist it's not one or the other. I do just agree with Vishnu's statement that in the womb we prolly begged and swore to follow god once and if we got out due to the hostile nature of birth but then forgot but that we were before then seems too dangerous an idea.

idea

Question Everything
I don't know what foods those are. But now that is for sure a misunderstanding on account of no one cannot follow god as in choose satan, b/c everyone who doesn't is destroyed. The Malachim don't get a second shot, arnt we instead kinda gonna be replacing the ones who are gonna die? Because "over there" we won't have kids or be given into marriage just like they are now (the ones who didn't fall). They are a diff "species" so to say it's us just come to pass the test of choosing who we want to serve doesn't make sense. I think you crossed the fine line between brilliance and insanity my friend. I rlly think He is speaking about Himself as the Spirit in us and we are souls because to say we were in the beginning is putting us at par with Him thus exalting ourselves.... committing the same mistake as Lucifer. Most Gnostic Hollywood movies (like all of em) portray peace and a good govt. or eden As super bland state and sin as the "paprika" that made everything great....which is a blatant lie. You can't just be like oh no I want "boring" back u go for ur paprika....it can't coexist it's not one or the other. I do just agree with Vishnu's statement that in the womb we prolly begged and swore to follow god once and if we got out due to the hostile nature of birth but then forgot but that we were before then seems too dangerous an idea.

"Our birth is but a sleep and a forgetting;
The Soul that rises with us, our life’s Star,
Hath had elsewhere its setting
And cometh from afar;
Not in entire forgetfulness,
And not in utter nakedness,
But trailing clouds of glory do we come
From God, who is our home:
Heaven lies about us in our infancy!"
- William Wordsworth

We come from a pre-earthly existence where we lived as spirit children of our Heavenly Father. We know that the great plan of salvation was presented to us and that our Elder Brother Jesus agreed to make the plan effective through his atoning sacrifice. We know that we “shouted for joy” at the opportunity to come to earth (Job 38:7). We are here to gain a body and if we choose to keep the commandments we will grow and eventually we hope to live with our Father in Heaven and our families throughout eternity. Adam fell that men might be; and men are, that they might have joy.

One eternal round with no beginning and no end... strange, it is so easy for many to imagine no end, but no beginning seems harder for everyone. You doubt that Jesus reaffirmed "ye are gods"? that we are the children of God, and made in the image of God, with the same potential? ...

Choose ye this day whom ye will serve... it's a choice.

Cateau

"Our birth is but a sleep and a forgetting;
The Soul that rises with us, our life’s Star,
Hath had elsewhere its setting
And cometh from afar;
Not in entire forgetfulness,
And not in utter nakedness,
But trailing clouds of glory do we come
From God, who is our home:
Heaven lies about us in our infancy!"
- William Wordsworth

We come from a pre-earthly existence where we lived as spirit children of our Heavenly Father. We know that the great plan of salvation was presented to us and that our Elder Brother Jesus agreed to make the plan effective through his atoning sacrifice. We know that we “shouted for joy” at the opportunity to come to earth (Job 38:7). We are here to gain a body and if we choose to keep the commandments we will grow and eventually we hope to live with our Father in Heaven and our families throughout eternity. Adam fell that men might be; and men are, that they might have joy.

One eternal round with no beginning and no end... strange, it is so easy for many to imagine no end, but no beginning seems harder for everyone. You doubt that Jesus reaffirmed "ye are gods"? that we are the children of God, and made in the image of God, with the same potential? ...

Choose ye this day whom ye will serve... it's a choice.

HRMmmm, sounds alot like Pan's Labyrinth by Guillermo Del Toro. Which was my fav until I read about it on VigilentCitizen.com but it has the basis of what you said, ye are gods type of notion, trying to get back to the kingdom she was born of but did not recall after her transfer to earth but was left with a lunar mark indicating her ethereal royalty and only after going through difficult tests can she return home. Ur Gnostic dude. If John the Baptist in the womb jumped for joy, birth is far from a deep slumber. And we are told not to communicate with the dead for a reason.....b/c the dead know nothing, as death is the only deep slumber, you commune with devil's not with disembodied spirits if your loved ones, see this opens up a can of worms to think as such. HellTruth.com?

idea

Question Everything
HRMmmm, sounds alot like Pan's Labyrinth by Guillermo Del Toro. Which was my fav until I read about it on VigilentCitizen.com but it has the basis of what you said, ye are gods type of notion, trying to get back to the kingdom she was born of but did not recall after her transfer to earth but was left with a lunar mark indicating her ethereal royalty and only after going through difficult tests can she return home. Ur Gnostic dude. If John the Baptist in the womb jumped for joy, birth is far from a deep slumber. And we are told not to communicate with the dead for a reason.....b/c the dead know nothing, as death is the only deep slumber, you commune with devil's not with disembodied spirits if your loved ones, see this opens up a can of worms to think as such. HellTruth.com?

You seem to be more familiar with mythology than with the scriptures... perhaps you should spend some more time just sticking with the Bible...

Cateau

You seem to be more familiar with mythology than with the scriptures... perhaps you should spend some more time just sticking with the Bible...

Perhaaaaaps. But it is only b/c I am so familiar with it that I differ on your arguments that we are spirit and spirit is eternal and we were before the beginning as was Son of man. To me that is the gnostic take on Pan's Labyrinth not scripturally based just taken out of context.

Cateau

And besides John Campbell in the Power Of Myth rlly connected the dots to the fact myth is Biblical but out of context. Like Zeus as god, Hercules as Sampson, Diosyn as Yeshua, etc. ect. But to know which is which is the real homework. To rule out and to highlight that's each owns quest I guess.

Cateau

And besides John Campbell in the Power Of Myth rlly connected the dots to the fact myth is Biblical but out of context. Like Zeus as god, Hercules as Sampson, Diosyn as Yeshua, etc. ect. But to know which is which is the real homework. To rule out and to highlight that's each owns quest I guess.

Ops meant Joseph

idea

Question Everything

There are a lot of interesting paths... good, better, best though. If you have a choice of spending time listening to the Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra from Amsterdam, or some middle-school group messing up some horrible remake of the original, what do you pick?

Cateau

Well ur food and music are not a good analogy as they are enigmas to me lol. I've heard "all paths lead to god" but that must be a lie mustn't it? Just because one loves does not mean god is with them, right? There are so many denominations under the guise of one religion because they think they serve the same god, but if their take on scripture differs it's because they do not serve the same one. Isn't it our job then to search out who among all the false gods in denominations and religions is the true one? Even if it does make one a heretic.