• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A gap in Genesis

Cateau

Giovanni Pico & Della Barba Devotee
Eden as the last garden tempted: This can be concluded by Cain wandering and finding a wife. After the watcher angels corrupted the other humans in their own gardens they were made to wander just as Adam thus their civilizations were cunstrude before "the fall of man", in which Cain sought shelter. As is told by him telling God that "they" would kill him in the wilderness, he received a mark on his forehead to elude death which usually such markings are to keep demons at bay not people. It is clear that God had to recreate man in a garden segregated from the others just to have a creation after himself since everyone else was likely a nephilim. This explains why Satan is considered evil already as a snake in the garden, the first wave of fallen angels was by him, the second in the days of Noah was by Azazel, and soon we will be hit by a third wave. Adam wasn't created with his wife in this garden however, as stated in Genesis that "He created them male and female...", in this garden he was put in a slumber and had his rib taken out. Could God maybe have created him alone on purpose? To maybe avoid the watchers corrupting him through his wife as they did the other humans? Could the watchers have made Eve through genetic manipulation after themselves to hinder Adam? And from that point God just adopted Eve? I think this was the case. What do you think? It would explain the serpent seed theory, and would make sense as to why God put his DNA through the HS in humans usually in barren women like Isaac's mom, Sampson's mom, and Esau's mom to counter attack the enemy.

Terese

Mangalam Pundarikakshah
Staff member
Premium Member
I have no comment on your theory, but what i can do is welcome you to our lovely forum! Welcome! :D

jeager106

Learning more about Jehovah.
Premium Member
Cateau:
The Creation story is...................well, a story.
It was written for the people of the time who had zero scientific knowledge at all.
It's Biblical prose.
It's an attempt to explain the nature of man.
Snakes that talk? Apples that change a human into an imperfect state?
If "god" created man from the dust of the ground in a perfect state of mind, body, & spirit,
then why are his descendants "flawed sinners"?
The Creation story is just a beautiful bit of prose. We should keep it.

I guess some would say that I have a profound belief in a Power greater than
man. "God" is a noun that works for me.

Cateau

Cateau:
It was written for the people of the time who had zero scientific knowledge at all.
It's Biblical prose.
If "god" created man from the dust of the ground in a perfect state of mind, body, & spirit,

Soooooo no comment then :( I just want to argue and win. Ur no fun. But I will say this, that spontaneous generation was proven wrong already to still believe that everything came about without intelligent design.

jeager106

Learning more about Jehovah.
Premium Member
Soooooo no comment then :( I just want to argue and win. Ur no fun. But I will say this, that spontaneous generation was proven wrong already to still believe that everything came about without intelligent design.

Of course you want to argue and win.
"We Are Right". = W.A.R. or war.
I argue to learn.;)

Cateau

Of course you want to argue and win.
"We Are Right". = W.A.R. or war.
I argue to learn.;)

Perhaps one day I'll get into the Bible or some other gnosis and we can have a real theoretics argument, till then thanks for ur reply. I learn so that I can argue ;)

whirlingmerc

I would say: no gaps in Genesis.

I don't agree with the gap theory, either linguistically or as a consensus of theology.
Better and closer would be a notion that the world was formless (not became formless ) and God gave it form

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Eden as the last garden tempted: This can be concluded by Cain wandering and finding a wife. After the watcher angels corrupted the other humans in their own gardens they were made to wander just as Adam thus their civilizations were cunstrude before "the fall of man", in which Cain sought shelter. As is told by him telling God that "they" would kill him in the wilderness, he received a mark on his forehead to elude death which usually such markings are to keep demons at bay not people. It is clear that God had to recreate man in a garden segregated from the others just to have a creation after himself since everyone else was likely a nephilim. This explains why Satan is considered evil already as a snake in the garden, the first wave of fallen angels was by him, the second in the days of Noah was by Azazel, and soon we will be hit by a third wave. Adam wasn't created with his wife in this garden however, as stated in Genesis that "He created them male and female...", in this garden he was put in a slumber and had his rib taken out. Could God maybe have created him alone on purpose? To maybe avoid the watchers corrupting him through his wife as they did the other humans? Could the watchers have made Eve through genetic manipulation after themselves to hinder Adam? And from that point God just adopted Eve? I think this was the case. What do you think? It would explain the serpent seed theory, and would make sense as to why God put his DNA through the HS in humans usually in barren women like Isaac's mom, Sampson's mom, and Esau's mom to counter attack the enemy.
your rendition has some resemblance to my own

stick around

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Cateau:
It's Biblical prose.

the word....serpent ....is more a character description than a note of physical form

Cateau

I would say: no gaps in Genesis.

I don't agree with the gap theory, either linguistically or as a consensus of theology.
Better and closer would be a notion that the world was formless (not became formless ) and God gave it form

But at least u agree to disagree lol. The world was void.

idea

Question Everything
I believe Adam and Eve descended from a higher perfect sphere to bring a new age to a world that had become spiritually void. They sacrificed their perfect eternal lives in order to bring other spirits into mortality. This mortal imperfect life is a necessary part of our eternal progression - we would not be here if was not for the sacrifice of our parents.

Neo Deist

Th.D. & D.Div. h.c.
Eden as the last garden tempted: This can be concluded by Cain wandering and finding a wife. After the watcher angels corrupted the other humans in their own gardens they were made to wander just as Adam thus their civilizations were cunstrude before "the fall of man", in which Cain sought shelter. As is told by him telling God that "they" would kill him in the wilderness, he received a mark on his forehead to elude death which usually such markings are to keep demons at bay not people. It is clear that God had to recreate man in a garden segregated from the others just to have a creation after himself since everyone else was likely a nephilim.

Uh,, no.

This explains why Satan is considered evil already as a snake in the garden

The Bible never says snake, only serpent. The descriptors indicate a snake.

"He created them male and female..."

Genesis 1 is talking about the multitudes of people that were created and told to populate the earth. It is from this group that Cain finds his wife. Gen 1 has nothing to do with "Adam & Eve" of Gen 2. I could go into the Hebrew behind "adam" but I won't.

The Bible is just a collection of stories that is not meant to be taken literally.

Cateau

I believe Adam and Eve descended from a higher perfect sphere to bring a new age to a world that had become spiritually void. They sacrificed their perfect eternal lives in order to bring other spirits into mortality. This mortal imperfect life is a necessary part of our eternal progression - we would not be here if was not for the sacrifice of our parents.
I think humans were made after Hasatan had his first narcissistic thought, to teach the other malak that Yah is an all loving creator, of course he knew Lucifer would temp them and they or we would fail Him, He is after all an all knowing omnipresent being of the Triune: Father: universal consciousness, Son: Yeshua, seed of woman come to crush the seed of the dragon, Holy Spirit: Malachim, arch-angel Mikhael ("who is like 'god'?") So it was his sacrifice not ours knowing what would happen but of course the benefits outweighed the cons of our creation. I think our of reason for existence as a love story or proof of its existence b/c after all God is love, sin is only the absence of it like coldness Is only an absence of heat there is no measurement for it.

idea

Question Everything
I believe our spirits are eternal and uncreated - that we were adopted by Parents who wished to help us gain knowledge and wisdom so that we could progress to become as They are. Our progression required both the fall - sacrifice of Adam, and our redemption - sacrifice of Christ.

... the spirit of adoption whereby we cry Abba, Father... They are cleaning up a mess They did not make... not trying to prove anything by helping us, it's just in their nature to take pity on what they found themselves surrounded by....

Cateau

We
Uh,, no.

The Bible never says snake, only serpent. The descriptors indicate a snake.

Genesis 1 is talking about the multitudes of people that were created and told to populate the earth. It is from this group that Cain finds his wife. Gen 1 has nothing to do with "Adam & Eve" of Gen 2. I could go into the Hebrew behind "adam" but I won't.

The Bible is just a collection of stories that is not meant to be taken literally.
There are many parabolas but I doubt that account was one as was the restoration
I believe our spirits are eternal and uncreated - that we were adopted by Parents who wished to help us gain knowledge and wisdom so that we could progress to become as They are. Our progression required both the fall - sacrifice of Adam, and our redemption - sacrifice of Christ.

... the spirit of adoption whereby we cry Abba, Father... They are cleaning up a mess They did not make... not trying to prove anything by helping us, it's just in their nature to take pity on what they found themselves surrounded by....
Souls or spirit are technically not eternal b/c they can be destroyed, only after judgement has passed will the threat of it happening (their destruction) be nonexistent (thus becoming immortal) b/c sin will not araise again. The only wandering spirits are the nephilim whose spirits are earth bound b/c they are crossbreeds but human spirits are laid to rest & only after the resurrection will the rise again, till then they sleep so we cannot be adopted....biblically speaking

idea

Question Everything
eternal life would be impossible if our spirits were not already eternal - no beginning, and no end.

The spirit shall return unto God who gave it: Eccl. 12:7; (return - ie - we have been there before)
Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee: Jer. 1:4–5;
God chose us before the foundation of the world: Eph. 1:3–4;

Cateau

eternal life would be impossible if our spirits were not already eternal - no beginning, and no end.

The spirit shall return unto God who gave it: Eccl. 12:7; (return - ie - we have been there before)

Why yes, glad u knew what I was saying regardless of the typo, my Android changed the word, frivolous details shouldn't keep you from arguing, you might have stopped right when u were gonna make a great discovery lulz

Cateau

Is it the soul that returns or the spirit? How could He not know one is more the question here b/c He is all knowing it's impossible for Him to not know us even before we are formed but it doesn't make us eternal