• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A find

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
tk2h8cbhw2lb1 (1).jpg

I was going through old photos and found this mystery I had forgotten. I was camping in the woods and spent some of the time building the shrine you see in these pictures. I snapped several photos of it, which for some reason looking now are of strangely low quality compared to the pics around it. Either way one of the pictures I snapped was the glitched one you see below (a screenshot of the original, but originally unedited). I had completely forgotten about it before now as this was right before **** hit the fan in 2019/2020, both personally and globally.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
Can you please explain what the mystery is in the photographs. I'm not getting it.

Premium Member
I'm not even sure what that means haha. I ran it by tech friends who actually have an idea what they're talking about (I dont) and they didn't have an explanation (though full disclosure our group isn't exactly skeptical of the paranormal anymore).

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
Good find. What would cause something like that randomly? Especially as a one off in the system?

Well... I can't say for sure. I have photos that have done that to me. I editted my post above with this. To me this is the best simplest explanation.

For me, we have a business class setup, so it's an array. And the files have been copied many times as the drives have run out of space over the years. So, I just blamed an errant file copy operation. At work, it's happened too. They take photos all day long; it's a dental office. I think it was 5 or 6 years ago we needed to grab some very old photos for a patient requesting records. The images were corrupted. And they were so old the backups were backing up corrupted versions. Even the offsite versions were corrupted. It was a dicey situation and we really-really needed those photos to confirm the condition of the patient prior to treatment.

Anyway, there was a product we purchased to recover the photos. It's a known issue. That's how I knew what to look for when I saw the photo you posted.

Premium Member
Well... I can't say for sure. I have photos that have done that to me. I editted my post above with this. To me this is the best simplest explanation.

For me, we have a business class setup, so it's an array. And the files have been copied many times as the drives have run out of space over the years. So, I just blamed an errant file copy operation. At work, it's happened too. They take photos all day long; it's a dental office. I think it was 5 or 6 years ago we needed to grab some very old photos for a patient requesting records. The images were corrupted. And they were so old the backups were backing up corrupted versions. Even the offsite versions were corrupted. It was a dicey situation and we really-really needed those photos to confirm the condition of the patient prior to treatment.

Anyway, there was a product we purchased to recover the photos. It's a known issue. That's how I knew what to look for when I saw the photo you posted.
Very interesting thank you for this. I'm going to label it more a synchronicity than paranormal then I think, just a well timed glitch.

Premium Member
Not just...a glitch of the camera that made the image grainy?
Like I say I have NO tech knowledge really. To my old man mind it seems weird 1 picture would randomly bug but definitely appears to happen. I'm going with synchronicity rather than paranormal.