• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A few details about Caladan

WedGirl

JesusLuvsU
Caladan,

That is wonderful that you reside in Israel. :) May I ask your personal opinion on what Americans can do to show their love for the Holy Land? Am obviously in support of Israel keeping its land and defensible borders. Thanks in advance for any advice on how we can advocate for this.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
Hey Wedgirl!

well you know, what most of us do is stay up to date with current events involving America, Israel, and the middle east. as long as we are in discourse you know that things are constructive.

WedGirl

JesusLuvsU
Thanks Caladan! Am glad that things seem constructive at the current moment. I hope they stay that way for as long as possible, too. Will do - on continuing to stay up-to-date with what is going on around the world. These are certainly interesting times.

Mr. Skittles

Here's a bit about me..
I live in central Israel, in a city which is part of the Tel Aviv Metropolis.
Education wise, I'm working on my MA in archaeology at the moment (2012).
I enjoy traveling and have visited various European nations, some of them in my after-army 6 months backpacking trip across Europe, I also travelled Cuba, China, New Zealand, Egypt, Jordan and Turkey. from time to time you may see some of the photos I take posted across the boards..

Some of my favorite writers, poets and playwrights are: Aristophanes, Rumi, Khalil Gibran, Poe, Lord Byron, and writers such as Neil Gaiman, Philip K. Dick, and Gregory Maguire.

I enjoy taking the time to study world religions, personally im a secular person.

On my spare time I might be found enjoying a pale Belgian or German wheat beer in a pub in Tel Aviv or central Israel in general, or passing time with friends, who are pretty nifty people.

If you feel I left out important details ask away!

Caladan.jpg

Dan aka Caladan

Caladan you looking like a party animal in this picture! lol JK good info. Your very well travelled and probably can teach me a thing or two!

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
what role did the indiana jones movies play in you wanting to be an archeologist
The first major influences were the crusaders and medieval Europe. Later I learned about other ancient civilizations and you could say I was hooked. The Aztecs, the ancient Near East, the Greeks, the Romans... I knew I was in good hands.

Pastek

Sunni muslim
Do you travel with an Israeli passport ?

I've heard that some countries restrict the entry to people with an israeli visa/stamp.
For exemple can you go in Lebanon or Syria ?

What is the most facinating civilization for you ?

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
Do you travel with an Israeli passport ?

I've heard that some countries restrict the entry to people with an israeli visa/stamp.
For exemple can you go in Lebanon or Syria ?
Up until now I travelled with an Israeli passport, although I'll receive a French one in the next few years so it might open new doors for me.
The Muslim countries I visited as a tourist all have diplomatic relations with Israel. For example Egypt, Jordan, or Turkey. So the Israeli passport might make it a bit more sensitive but hardly impossible to travel. In recent years I visited Jordan 3 times, I went for a second visit in Egypt and this time got all the way from Cairo to southern Egypt, not far from Sudan.
What is the most facinating civilization for you ?
I'm not sure there is just one civilization. I love various aspects of Classics, including Homeric literature, Imperial Roman propaganda, and of course various feats of architecture and art. I'm interested in ancient Egypt, from predynastic times to the late periods of antiquity. I'm also interested in early medieval Europe, the migration period of the Germanic tribes, the Norse exploration, colonization and invasion periods and the rich medieval Icelandic literature.
That's all just a sample really. Right now my studies in part are focused on later historical periods, the age of colonialism in the Americas, or post medieval England.

BrokenHearted2

вяσкєη вυт вєιηg яєѕтσяє∂
I really enjoyed reading your thread Caladan. You had me at your reference to the Princess Bride as your favorite movie (INCONCIEVABLE!) and I enjoyed hearing your choice in wine to enjoy the end of the world (If I'm not mistaken it was the same wine year that the Highlander reminisced abot "1792 was a good year...")

Archaeology is awesome. My childhood best friend grew up to be Dr. Greg Wilson who teaches at USC. Best wishes in your endeavors!