• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A direct question. Which 'christian' denominaiton has "it" nailed down?

jeager106

Learning more about Jehovah.
Premium Member
Note I deliberately did not capitilize "c" in christian and the word denomination includes ALL
who fall under the noun christian,be they veiwed as a sect, or secular organizes religion.
In you opinion what or which denomination seems to adhere best the the message in the Christian
Bible? Which "religion" of the Christian religions seems to have basic concepts such as the existance or not of hell, that "good" people do or do not go to heaven, that the trinity is valid or a clever deception by satan, the rapture is a valid concept or not. and so forth.
I know what I feel is the truth, but it may not be right at all.
So I'll keep myself out of this if I can, but might counter an argument with scripture.
I'm only looking for the best, most faithful to Scripture, denomination I can find.
"It" is simply the truth even if that truth flies in the face of convention.
Thank you.

AllanV

Quakers are cool!

After 40 years of interest in the subject I have found none that conform to the experience in the early church. Even then the Apostle Paul indicated deception was already well established.
But as far as closeness to the scripture the Berean, Church Of The Great God is good but I am not a member. Any errors are for me to decide and others might not see them.

But there is a more complete experience and it is being withheld at this time because of unbelief. Everyone is totally absorbed in their own self belief and life experience in a biology.

JayJayDee

Avid JW Bible Student
You already know what I am going to say....;)

Having been raised in Christendom, I know what I was taught growing up, and as far as I can see nothing in the core belief system has changed. God is still a 'three headed' monster who tortures the wicked in eternal flames...although some have put a hose on the fire. :rolleyes:

Through two solid years of careful study and using my own KJV I was finally able to leave every rotten thing I had been taught about who God is...what his his relationship with his son is.....what hell is, and what the future holds.....not by trying to decide between the teachings of men....but straight from the word of God. :)

I knew that God had never directed his people independently of their fellow worshippers; he had always provided human spiritual guides and shepherds to instruct his nation, so I was not drawn to individuals saying "listen to me...the holy spirit spoke to me"....if that was the case, then they would all speak with one voice...virtually none of them do. :confused:

Having identified "Babylon the great" as the world empire of false worship, set up by the devil to siphon off worship for himself with every conceivable way to expend our inherent spirituality, I got out of that disgusting place where people worship only what suits themselves. The moment anything is demanded of them or they are made to feel the slightest bit guilty, they will look for somewhere more comfortable to worship "their" way.

True Christians (as opposed to the counterfeit "weeds" sown by the devil) are not all talk....you can see them practicing what they preach...literally. They are no more perfect than Jesus own apostles but they try harder than anyone else to fulfill the commission given by Jesus before his departure for heaven. (Matt 28:19, 20)
In every nation on earth, they are actively preaching about God's kingdom....they are actually the only ones who know what this kingdom is, and what it will do for suffering mankind that will give them a sure hope for the future. Things will return to the conditions God first purposed in the garden of Eden.

For the majority of these ones, heaven will not be their final destination. Only a few "chosen ones" will have that privilege. For all those who do not have "the heavenly calling" (all who have lived and died since Abel), the resurrection back to life on earth restored to paradise will be their lot. (Rev 21:1-5)

Jesus came to buy back what Adam forfeited. What he lost was everlasting life in paradise on earth....this was the life God intended for all his human creation. But Christendom got so hung up on going to heaven, that the wonderful hope of the earthly resurrection got lost. :( All of the resurrections that are mentioned in the Bible were back to this life...like the other miracles, it was a demonstration of what was to come under the rule of God's kingdom.

I am grateful for my hope and will shout it from the rooftops as an invitation to all who will listen to "come! and take life's water free". (Rev 22:17) We will continue to do this until the day Jesus comes to judge the world. Only then will "the end" come. (Matt 24:14)

Faybull

They all have it "nailed" down.

Go learn what this means...I desire mercy, not sacrifice.

The violent ones try to enter heaven. Even if vicariously.

Kolibri

Religious Organizations are like people. Each group has its own record of keeping integrity.
Besides actually doing what is commanded for Christians there is an "air" about true Christians.
I think of Proverbs 15:4,5

"A calm tongue (or "a tongue of healing.") is a tree of life, But twisted speech causes despair. (Lit., "the crushing of the spirit.") A fool disrespects his father's discipline, But a shrewd person accepts correction. (or "reproof.")"

As an organization, which groups via their teachings promote despair?
- Individual salvation predestination
- God's word is full of myth and fable
- God's word has been polluted by men beyond retrieval
- God took your baby cause he needed another angel
- Death is not the end if you are not good enough but you get to "play" with fire for all eternity
- God intended for Adam to sin and for mankind to suffer because perfect men are somehow incomplete.

Which ones remain calm?
Which ones respect discipline?
Which ones adjust quickly to new light in what they teach, how they behave, and how they organize themselves?

Last edited:

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
If I listed them from the closest to Christianity to the least when it comes to practice and Christ's message, it would be: (1 being the closest)

1. Orthodox Catholic
They still have the tradition that Paul said we should keep and the belief with very strong emphasis on worship and devotion. They, from what I know, don't have other teachings added to tradition.

2. Southern Baptist
Only because they heavily focus on scripture. However, they are not one because the Body is a mixture of denominations. It isn't unified as Catholicism. Also, without tradition and emphasis on devotion, there will always be a mix up on who believes what.

3. Jehovah's Witness
I add them because they do believe Jesus is their Lord and Savior. They believe in the gospels as Jesus taught. What makes them close is they believe in the divinity of Christ without saying Christ is God. It isn't a familiar teaching in Christianity to say Jesus is not God, so that's why its three instead of one.

4. Roman Catholic
Although I love the teachings, the tradition, and so forth; I don't care for the intrusion of Roman doctrine within the Church. I'm not used to adding more to Church teachings in present day (1970s on up)... so that makes it less traditional than bible/tradition only.

Presbyterian
The Church still has lingerings of Catholic teachings but shares some Pentecostal flare.

Pentecostal
I say this last since my experience it didn't seem to much like a church but more a concert of sorts.

Note I deliberately did not capitilize "c" in christian and the word denomination includes ALL
who fall under the noun christian,be they veiwed as a sect, or secular organizes religion.
In you opinion what or which denomination seems to adhere best the the message in the Christian
Bible? Which "religion" of the Christian religions seems to have basic concepts such as the existance or not of hell, that "good" people do or do not go to heaven, that the trinity is valid or a clever deception by satan, the rapture is a valid concept or not. and so forth.
So I'll keep myself out of this if I can, but might counter an argument with scripture.
I'm only looking for the best, most faithful to Scripture, denomination I can find.
Thank you.

jeager106

Premium Member
Carlita: Thank you for the response. It gives me things to consider.

Isaiah Torres

I know Truth
Thank you.
The Church of the Lord Jesus Christ of the Apostolic faith..to learn more search up Bishop SC Johnson on youtube and listen to the Whole Truth, or you can check out this website www.apostolicfaithofpaulsboro.com

Johnlove

After 40 years of interest in the subject I have found none that conform to the experience in the early church. Even then the Apostle Paul indicated deception was already well established.
But as far as closeness to the scripture the Berean, Church Of The Great God is good but I am not a member. Any errors are for me to decide and others might not see them.

But there is a more complete experience and it is being withheld at this time because of unbelief. Everyone is totally absorbed in their own self belief and life experience in a biology.
Amen!

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Thank you.
Not the one. Quakers and Unitarians seem to be pretty close though.

Johnlove

The Early Church taught the following, and there is no church today that is teaching what the apostles taught. Because of that all the churches are condemned.

(Galatians 1:7-8) “Not that there can be more than one Good News; it is merely that some troublemakers among you want to change the Good News of Christ; and let me warn you that if anyone preaches a version of the Good News different from the one you have already heard, he is to be condemned.”

John taught the following.

(1 John 3:7-8) “My children, do not let anyone lead you astray to live a holy life is to be holy just as he is holy; to lead a sinful life is to belong to the devil, since the devil was a sinner from the beginning.”

(John 14: 23) “Anyone who loves me will keep my word and my Father will love him, and we shall come to him and make a home in him.”

Notice Jesus tells us that in order to love him he or she needs to keep his Word. Then Jesus said if he or she loves him he and the Father will love them.

(1 John 2: 27) “But you have not lost the anointing that he gave you, and you do not need anyone to teach you; the anointing he gave teaches you everything: you are anointed with truth, not with a lie, and as it has taught you, so you must stay in him.”

(1 John 3: 5 - 6) “Now you know that He appeared in order to abolish sin, and that in Him there is no sin; anyone who lives in God does not sin, and anyone who sins has never seen Him or known Him.”

(1 John 2:6) “But if anyone obeys his word, God’s love is truly made complete in him. This is how we know we are in him: Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did”

Mathew taught: (Matthew 7:21) “It is not those who say to me, ‘Lord, Lord’, who will enter the kingdom of Heaven but the person who does the will of My Father in Heaven. When the day comes many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, cast out demons in your name, work many miracles in your name?’ Then I shall tell them to their faces: I have never known you; away from me, you evil men!”

(Matthew 5:48) “Even the pagans do as much, do they not? You must therefore be perfect just as your heavenly Father is perfect.”

(Matthew 5:38-48) “You have learnt how it was said: Eye for eye and tooth for tooth. But I say this to you: offer the wicked man no resistance. On the contrary, if anyone hits you on the right cheek, offer him the other.”

(Matthew 23:8-9) “You, however must not allow yourselves to be called Rabbi, since you have only one Master, and you are all brothers. You must call no one on earth your father, since you have only one Father, and he is in heaven.”

(Matthew 6:19) “Do not store up treasures for yourselves on earth, where moths and woodworms destroy them and thieves can break in and steal.”

(Matthew 7:13-14) “Enter by the narrow gate since the road that leads to perdition is wide and spacious, and many take it; but it is a narrow gate and a hard road that leads to life, and only a few find it.”

I believe you all got the message, and I don’t need to post the rest of scripture that the church does not teach.

Shiranui117

Pronounced Shee-ra-noo-ee
Premium Member
Thank you.
I believe the Apostolic Churches have it nailed down--Eastern Orthodox, Oriental Orthodox, Catholic, and Assyrian Church of the East. These Churches all hold to the same interpretations of Scripture that the original Christians held to, as evidenced in the writings of Christians from the first and second centuries. We all worship God in the same way, organize our churches in pretty much the same way (the Pope notwithstanding), live the same way, and share the same faith in God and our relationship with Him, though we may use different terms or emphasize different parts of our shared Apostolic Tradition.

jeager106

Premium Member
Not the one. Quakers and Unitarians seem to be pretty close though.

Agreed. How can any denomination say they have writings thousands of years "nailed"?

J.W. have done a good job of exposing dogma that simply ain't true.
That's why they call there beliefs the Truth. They feel they are preaching
the truth but run into much resistance from Christendom.

Politesse

Amor Vincit Omnia
The "heretics" of each generation; at least, they are the ones whose stories most often remind me of their teacher.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Agreed. How can any denomination say they have writings thousands of years "nailed"?

J.W. have done a good job of exposing dogma that simply ain't true.
That's why they call there beliefs the Truth. They feel they are preaching
the truth but run into much resistance from Christendom.
Imho, they are guilty of the same kind of thing. There is an effort to hold stubbornly to faith rather than embracing reason and evidence.

jeager106

Premium Member
Imho, they are guilty of the same kind of thing. There is an effort to hold stubbornly to faith rather than embracing reason and evidence.
I feel the J.W. organization has used more reason and evidence than any other faith
I'm familiar with.
The Watchtower Bible and Tract Society ( J.W. ) has done a great deal to expose
untruths espoused by other faiths about Biblical Truth.
Don't believe that? Look up the history of the J.W. and see when they corrected commonly
held beliefs espoused by other "traditional" faiths as fact when the facts were
misinterpretations of Biblical writings.
J.W. were not called that early on. They were known as Bible Students because that's
what they did. They STUDIED the Bible and found many errors that are now corrected
in their publications.
This work took place over more than the past 100 years and they made mistakes and admitted
them then corrected those mistakes.
J.W. used to celebrate Christmas but no longer.
They used to use the image of the cross but no longer.