• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A choice of no internet at home.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Realizing the amount of time spend online could have been used differently has made it clear.
Canceling the internet provider for the home internet is ( for the time being) a correct thought and action.

That does not mean Conscious thoughts will end the use of internet or RF fully :) it only means creating more space to be more free, ( life is about freedom)
It also means when internet is "needed" to go to a public area to use wi-fi there. So it means getting out of the home more often.

When first changing the life, go all the way :)

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Most of my job is internet based, so no internet for me isn't really an option, but if I didn't do what I do, I could see some benefits of not having internet, except when it comes to the ability to purchase e-books. ;)

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Most of my job is internet based, so no internet for me isn't really an option, but if I didn't do what I do, I could see some benefits of not having internet, except when it comes to the ability to purchase e-books. ;)
In todays society internet is seen as a "must" but taking a conscious choice of spending less time "visible" online is to gain back control over the mind :)
Job is of course a place internet is a "must"

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I liken to what Salix said. For me, I'm always on it for school. I think you'd like having no internet, though. Sometimes I internet-fast but I don't work continuously. If I did, I'd probably be like you if the libraries where open (closed cause of COVID) I'd use their wi-fi.

You could set a time that you "only" use the internet. Once a day. Twice a week. So have you to give you a reward for your success if you decide to wean off of it for awhile.

Nimos

Realizing the amount of time spend online could have been used differently has made it clear.
Canceling the internet provider for the home internet is ( for the time being) a correct thought and action.

That does not mean Conscious thoughts will end the use of internet or RF fully :) it only means creating more space to be more free, ( life is about freedom)
It also means when internet is "needed" to go to a public area to use wi-fi there. So it means getting out of the home more often.

I don't think I could do that either, im so used to it and also I don't own a TV, even though I can watch it online, I rarely do, I watch maybe one program a month or so in average. :D

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I liken to what Salix said. For me, I'm always on it for school. I think you'd like having no internet, though. Sometimes I internet-fast but I don't work continuously. If I did, I'd probably be like you if the libraries where open (closed cause of COVID) I'd use their wi-fi.

You could set a time that you "only" use the internet. Once a day. Twice a week. So have you to give you a reward for your success if you decide to wean off of it for awhile.
To use internet for one hour often end up using it 3 hours :oops:
Cant do that in public area :)

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

Yer go'n full blown Amish!

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want

Attachments

• farmer-emoticon.png
    farmer-emoticon.png
    87.4 KB · Views: 0

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
In todays society internet is seen as a "must" but taking a conscious choice of spending less time "visible" online is to gain back control over the mind :)
Job is of course a place internet is a "must"

I did it for a year or so at one point (wasn't by choice, just based on where I was living).
Honestly, it wasn't bad at all. Just a bit of an adjustment.