• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A choice between yourself and God.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
This is a weird question, considering that your holy book was written by men and therefore is the opinion of men. Even muhammed was given his "revelation" by an angel, not directly from god, so nobody knows that the message is even linked to god at all. It could just be the opinion of a being that claimed to be an angel of god.
Suppose it's true that Quran is not from God, why can't God guide and reveal the viewpoints of @Bird123 if is was the truth. Why can't God talk? Is he shy?

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Suppose it's true that Quran is not from God, why can't God guide and reveal the viewpoints of @Bird123 if is was the truth. Why can't God talk? Is he shy?
How are we certain God/s can talk, or in ways we could hear, or comprehend?

How do we know God/s aren't shy?

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
How are we certain God/s can talk, or in ways we could hear, or comprehend?

How do we know God/s aren't shy?
Peace,

God can create sound, symbols, write, telepathy. The question is can he create speech in a way we know it's emanating from him? For that it has be provable.

I think if we have unclean souls, we cannot distinguish Angels from Satanic entities, because we are confused ourselves about good and evil. So you are right, in one sense, God cannot talk to everyone directly. If we are unclean, then it emanating from us, we will not recognize the speech. Even the day of judgment per Quran, God does not talk to disbelievers directly (it's his representatives talking on behalf of God).

However, if God makes his speech miracle form in a book, unclean souls still can recognize some of it's features to be miraculous.

If it was impossible to make writing have miraculous features - I claim - then God would never hide his guides and constantly have them perform physical miracles. This would be a way to prove the speech is from him.

But if he hides such miracles, then there should be a sufficient miracle for guidance still. I believe Quran is that miracle and sign.

Samael_Khan

Goosebender
Your question assumes things that dont have to be true:

1. That any god exists
2. That there is one god
3. That god is a sentient being
4. That everything isn't god.

The basic assumptions made here dont have to be true.

So to answer the question:

1. God is a deistic god. So it doesnt care.
2. Maybe god IS shy.
3. God is manevolent and enjoys our suffering.
4. God cares but doesnt interfere with human affairs.
5. We all are god so we have to look within ourselves rather than be told what to do.
6. There are multiple gods who are limited in their capacity.
7. These gods are self centred.
8. God is preoccupied.
9. God created and died
10. God is asleep and we are all part of his dream. Of he wakes up then we all disappear.

There are actually endless possibilities. Every religion as far as we can prove is a man made opinion.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Your question assumes things that dont have to be true:

1. That any god exists
2. That there is one god
3. That god is a sentient being
4. That everything isn't god.

The basic assumptions made here dont have to be true.

So to answer the question:

1. God is a deistic god. So it doesnt care.
2. Maybe god IS shy.
3. God is manevolent and enjoys our suffering.
4. God cares but doesnt interfere with human affairs.
5. We all are god so we have to look within ourselves rather than be told what to do.
6. There are multiple gods who are limited in their capacity.
7. These gods are self centred.
8. God is preoccupied.
9. God created and died
10. God is asleep and we are all part of his dream. Of he wakes up then we all disappear.

There are actually endless possibilities. Every religion as far as we can prove is a man made opinion.
Yet @Bird123 and I agree on a lot of assumptions about God and disagree on some. So your points are not very relevant.

Bird123

Why does mankind think like this? You repeat it's petty and not a virtue. Yet you assert and never prove it.
Keep on your path. God will supply the proof for you. It's easy to dish it out, however there are many other sides for you to Discover for yourself.

That's what I see. It's very clear!!

Bird123

Is there a book from God teaching this or you just to get make it up and people have to accept your theory?
The book surrounds you. God's book is a much Higher Level than a mere printed book created by mankind. Mankind's book can be memorized. God's book contains knowledge one can Discover for Eons. It stares you in the face. God hides nothing. On the other hand, are you even looking?

How's that test coming? Do you even see it yet??

Bird123

If God talked to you, it would intimidate your choices. It isn't about doing what you are told. It is about one Discovering what the best choices really are.

Experience is the best teacher. Live your lessons. Discover and know rather than Believe, Accept and Follow. Don't you want your children able to stand on their own two feet and acquire Wisdom than spans the ages? This is something that one can't be told. It must be Discovered.

Bird123

Yet @Bird123 and I agree on a lot of assumptions about God and disagree on some. So your points are not very relevant.
I think those points are very relevant!! If one really searches for Truth one can never stop on assumptions. It should be about Discovering what really IS. On the other hand, one who searches for the Truth must be open to all possibilities.

God can be found. God hides nothing. Look around you. The knowledge surrounds us all. Put the puzzle together. On the other hand, I have found few who really want to find God at all. It all tends to be about so many other things.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
I think if we have unclean souls, we cannot distinguish Angels from Satanic entities, because we are confused ourselves about good and evil. So you are right, in one sense, God cannot talk to everyone directly. If we are unclean, then it emanating from us, we will not recognize the speech.
Abraham could. Moses could.

Clizby Wampuscat

Faith in God requires we glorify God which would make us belittle who and what we are to the degree we have failed our duty to God. Recognizing God means you see his favor overflowing and that any good you attained, you see it as a favor from him more then a praise belonging to you. While any evil you attain, you see it belong to you because you did despite his help and mercy and overflowing favor.

The Atheist on the other hand, he tends to not want to be at fault for not seeing God. Consequently, it must be God's fault and not evil on part of the Atheist. More over God being all powerful should make the world according to the desires of the Atheist. If he has not, and will not, he is evil.

If God exists, the Atheist tells himself, then heaven would be the destiny they will enter, no matter. This while people who have faith in God are ever afraid of hell and losing their faith in God from sins.

In short, the Atheist has chosen to glorify themselves, while the believers seek God's forgiveness and belittle themselves in themselves and glorify God's Majesty and Glory in themselves.
I don't glorify myself. I am not convinced by the evidence presented to me a god exists. If a god exists then it should be able to show me good evidence that will convince me he does exist. That does not violate free will, it just gives me the good evidence I need for belief. A moral god would give me the evidence then let me make an informed decision to follow it or not.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
If God talked to you, it would intimidate your choices. It isn't about doing what you are told. It is about one Discovering what the best choices really are.

Experience is the best teacher. Live your lessons. Discover and know rather than Believe, Accept and Follow. Don't you want your children able to stand on their own two feet and acquire Wisdom than spans the ages? This is something that one can't be told. It must be Discovered.

Why do you get to talk about it and not God? Why should God intimidate my choices? He can say everything you are saying if that's the correct philosophy.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The book surrounds you. God's book is a much Higher Level than a mere printed book created by mankind. Mankind's book can be memorized. God's book contains knowledge one can Discover for Eons. It stares you in the face. God hides nothing. On the other hand, are you even looking?

How's that test coming? Do you even see it yet??

Created by mankind sure but why can't God write a book? You are talking about a metaphorical book, why can't both exist?

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Keep on your path. God will supply the proof for you. It's easy to dish it out, however there are many other sides for you to Discover for yourself.

There is only one God, we don't get to make him up per our desires. This is where your approach and mine differ, I seek proof and found it. You seek to impose your views upon God and speak for God rather then search for his proofs on earth.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
If a god exists then it should be able to show me good evidence that will convince me he does exist. That does not violate free will, it just gives me the good evidence I need for belief. A moral god would give me the evidence then let me make an informed decision to follow it or not.
I agree with this part of your post.

Clizby Wampuscat

There is only one God, we don't get to make him up per our desires. This is where your approach and mine differ, I seek proof and found it. You seek to impose your views upon God and speak for God rather then search for his proofs on earth.
Nope, did you read what I said? I am waiting for good evidence just like you did. I have not received it yet. But I bet your inclination will be to blame me.

Samael_Khan

Goosebender
He just said that to oppose me, otherwise, my point stands. We agree on certain aspects of God, it makes more sense to dialogue from that viewpoint.
At this point, it seems like you are just dodging my points because you can't answer them as they poke holes in your stance.