• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A "Challenge" for Muslim members of this forum

By now you have no doubt heard about the horrific attacks against members of America's LGBT community committed by one of your own on American soil.

My challenge to you is:

Will you condemn these attacks as being backwards and barbaric, in a genuine manner of reconciliation, WITHOUT trying to deflect the blame from Islam? In other words, can you admit that there are verses in the Quran that can be used to justify homophobic terrorism?

Secondly, will you condemn those verses?

firedragon

Veteran Member
By now you have no doubt heard about the horrific attacks against members of America's LGBT community committed by one of your own on American soil.

My challenge to you is:

Will you condemn these attacks as being backwards and barbaric, in a genuine manner of reconciliation, WITHOUT trying to deflect the blame from Islam? In other words, can you admit that there are verses in the Quran that can be used to justify homophobic terrorism?

1. I openly condemn attacks on LGBT community in any way as barbaric and backwards. Completely.
2. There are no verses that can be used to justify homophobic terrorism in the Quran.

Theweirdtophat

Why does everyone want every single Muslim to condemn these actions but I never saw anyone demand that Christians condemn the actions of Christian lunatics or Atheist nut jobs.

But I guess if a Muslim doesn't that must mean they support it, even though they have openly condemned it and even fought against it overseas, fighting Boko Haraam and other terrorist groups but I guess that doesn't count.

The people who say they don't condemn it are saying it so loudly, they can't hear the Muslims that are condemning it.

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member

My challenge to you is:

Challenge taken :)

I condenme this barbaric crime , I have no problem to kill a terrorist to save, non-Muslim whatever their way of life, LGBT or straight.

What verses that justify to kill LGBT ?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
So you are in fact trolling. Thanks for the confirmation.
It's not trolling. When have we ever expected every single Christian, or even more specifically every single Catholic to apologize for the sex scandals and attempted cover ups? I heard many hateful things said towards Bishops and Cardinals that tried to displace fault and blame, scathing hatred towards Benedict when it was revealed he tried to cover it up, but that Catholic neighbor just down the road was not blamed, is just fine, and had nothing to do with it.

It's not trolling. When have we ever expected every single Christian, or even more specifically every single Catholic to apologize for the sex scandals and attempted cover ups? I heard many hateful things said towards Bishops and Cardinals that tried to displace fault and blame, scathing hatred towards Benedict when it was revealed he tried to cover it up, but that Catholic neighbor just down the road was not blamed, is just fine, and had nothing to do with it.
The Catholics should have to apologize for that as a community as well.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind

My challenge to you is:

I condemn killing any person for whatever reasons except if done to save others, such as for defense.

(25:68)
and who never invoke any [imaginary] deity side by side with God, and do not take any human beings life - [the life] which God has willed to be sacred - otherwise than in [the pursuit of] justice, and do not commit adultery. And [know that] he who commits aught thereof shall [not only] meet with a full requital

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
The Catholics should have to apologize for that as a community as well.
Why? The few Catholics I know had absolutely nothing to do with it, were devastated over the incident, and would wish it upon no one. Should I have to apologize for the Nazis and Holocaust because my ancestors are German?
Mateen called 911 around the time of the attack to pledge allegiance to ISIS and mentioned the Boston bombers, according to a U.S. official.
And Timothy McVeigh requires more than just one statement to piece together his motivations and reasons.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Challenge taken :)

I condenme this barbaric crime , I have no problem to kill a terrorist to save, non-Muslim whatever their way of life, LGBT or straight.

What verses that justify to kill LGBT ?

I condemn killing any person for whatever reasons except if done to save others, such as for defense.

(25:68)
and who never invoke any [imaginary] deity side by side with God, and do not take any human beings life - [the life] which God has willed to be sacred - otherwise than in [the pursuit of] justice, and do not commit adultery. And [know that] he who commits aught thereof shall [not only] meet with a full requital

Thank you, thank you, and another thank you. I can't express how much I appreciate the above, even though I'm not even LGBT myself.

Salaam.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
I have been watching the response of groups such as CAIR and monitoring Facebook for the responses expressed by Muslims with whom I'm acquainted. The extent of unapologetic solidarity with the LGBTQ community is altogether remarkable and laudatory. We need far more of this and far less of mean-spirited Islamophobic OPs.

Salaam / L'Shalom ...

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I have been watching the response of groups such as CAIR and monitoring Facebook for the responses expressed by Muslims with whom I'm acquainted. The extent of unapologetic solidarity with the LGBTQ community is altogether remarkable and laudatory. We need far more of this and far less of mean-spirited Islamophobic OPs.

Salaam / L'Shalom ...
I don't know why, but because you're Jewish I suppose we should expect you to apologize every time Israel farts.