• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

95000 registered voters in one state are illegal voters

If they were not citizens then would they not be illegal voters, correct?

"Sam Taylor, a spokesman for the secretary of state, said the announcement on Friday did not mean that the authorities had discovered 95,000 registered voters who it knew for a fact were noncitizens."

I think anyone with an ounce of common sense would wait for actual confirmation before taking any partisan political statement as being factually accurate, wouldn't you agree?

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Yes - not explicitly by the NYT - but further digging declares they were if I am not mistaken
I can equally claim "further digging" shows that Texas is trying to disenfranchise Democratic voters if I'm not mistaken.

In other words, we are a society based on laws and proof not claims. And in other words, I can site any number of articles asserting Trump has committed crimes.

I'll give you the 95,000 if you give me Trump is a criminal.

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
I can equally claim "further digging" shows that Texas is trying to disenfranchise Democratic voters if I'm not mistaken.

In other words, we are a society based on laws and proof not claims. And in other words, I can site any number of articles asserting Trump has committed crimes.

I'll give you the 95,000 if you give me Trump is a criminal.

This..

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
And apparently 58,000 of these voted.

But, I am happy to report, this does not constitute "wise-spread" even though it would tip the balance open many a race ;)

Texas Secretary of State Questions Citizenship of 95,000 Registered Voters
It didn't say they are illegal, but rather that the Texas Secretary of State questions the legality because, as the article points out, "at some point in identified themselves as a noncitizen to law enforcement."
Question: what is the time frame for "at some point in time?" 58,000 of the 95,000 have voted since '96. "At one point in time" back in '92 how were noncitizens then but became citizens by '96? Does this necessarily mean they remained noncitizens?
Another question: doesn't Texas verify voter registrations? If 95,000 did illegally vote, what is it about their system that made it so they didn't catch this sooner? Clearly it would be on them, as time and time again there has been no evidence of widespread voter fraud. Are they complaining about voter fraud because they suck at enforcing voting laws?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
It didn't say they are illegal, but rather that the Texas Secretary of State questions the legality because, as the article points out, "at some point in identified themselves as a noncitizen to law enforcement."
Question: what is the time frame for "at some point in time?" 58,000 of the 95,000 have voted since '96. "At one point in time" back in '92 how were noncitizens then but became citizens by '96? Does this necessarily mean they remained noncitizens?
Another question: doesn't Texas verify voter registrations? If 95,000 did illegally vote, what is it about their system that made it so they didn't catch this sooner? Clearly it would be on them, as time and time again there has been no evidence of widespread voter fraud. Are they complaining about voter fraud because they suck at enforcing voting laws?
WE may be dealing with "creationist thinking" here. At Darwin's time there were no clear transitional fossils. Paleontology was an infant science. Since that time countless have been found.

The 96,000 people in question probably were not citizens. At one time. Since then I am sure that many of them have become citizens. The man may simply have a hard time understanding that many immigrants do become citizens.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
WE may be dealing with "creationist thinking" here. At Darwin's time there were no clear transitional fossils. Paleontology was an infant science. Since that time countless have been found.

The 96,000 people in question probably were not citizens. At one time. Since then I am sure that many of them have become citizens. The man may simply have a hard time understanding that many immigrants do become citizens.
No doubt. If "at some time they said they were noncitizens" is the best they have, he probably does need to educate himself about immigration because 100% of immigrants "at some point in time" were noncitizens, regardless of whether or not they identified as such to law enforcement as such.

We Never Know

No Slack
I read a little on this today. If they know illegals voted, they should break it down to how they voted. I doubt all voted democrat as some claim. If they have the evidence, break it down so we know the facts.

They don't record who individuals vote for.

They also don't know if illegals voted at all yet.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Yep without voter ID that's possible.
Even with voter ID.

Any system with a decent secret ballot only records that one voted. Not who one voted for.

For example in my state there is a mail in ballot. The part with one's name on it is torn off from the ballot after it is verified. The ballot is then sent in to be counted with others. There is no record of what candidate I voted for or what my stance was on various initiatives. In a case where there is a voting booth again one is verified ahead of time, but no record of how one voted in the booth is kept.

This is not that hard of a concept.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
If they claim to know they voted, they should know how they voted. I guarantee they can pull you up and show how you voted if they want to.
Nope. Once you check in, and they verify your registration to their registration data base, that's it. There are no identifying marks on your ballot.
They also don't know if illegals voted at all yet.
Nope. They only know the extremely super obvious, and that is that "at some point in time" those immigrants who voted were none citizens. Well no ****, Sherlock. Even with domestic immigration there is a time when they are officially not recognized as citizens of their new home state.

We Never Know

No Slack
Even with voter ID.

Any system with a decent secret ballot only records that one voted. Not who one voted for.

For example in my state there is a mail in ballot. The part with one's name on it is torn off from the ballot after it is verified. The ballot is then sent in to be counted with others. There is no record of what candidate I voted for or what my stance was on various initiatives. In a case where there is a voting booth again one is verified ahead of time, but no record of how one voted in the booth is kept.

This is not that hard of a concept.

Ya think. If it's possible without voter ID, it's really possible with voter ID.